Tree of Savior Forum

How to enhance items to +16 with high probability

No. It was because you meant bad coding when it’s unrelated. I said that multiple times.

I agree for sure that IMC has some bad coding in some places. I’m not going to defend anyone if they’re in the wrong side. But if you’re using that wrong and complaining about the wrong thing - yeah, something’s off, that’s what annoys me.

This sounded pretty arrogant as something you have/had no idea about just told because you think that way. Be it related to IMC or not.

If you’re being hostile you’re giving rights for others to be hostile back to you.

May you quote where I said that? Or maybe are you just misunderstanding? :man_shrugging:

If I was more informed about RNG I would be going to talk about correlations.

And as much as you might not like it. I’m the kind of person to explore two sides of these stuff before talking about them. I’m open to change my mind at any time if I feel like it. I’m not rigid on a side of the wall just for the sake of it.

Sorry again @Peako if I’m reading your posts in a wrong way but I’ll try quoting something again:

These were my results. Exactly that.

Plus I have more than years of coding experience and playing with stuff and already observed how srand() and rand() do happen to give long high roll streaks or low roll streaks. The probability is almost impossible, it’s really low. But not impossible, that’s all.

No one is manipulating RNG. You’re just searching part of what you want and discarding everything else if not.

Also, @Peako, also, humbly asking ><, if possible correct me here if I’m saying bs.

The higher the sample the better distributed will be the numbers. That means >50/<50 rate can change later on, or not change at all and simply end up being similar, it’s just random. But not impossible for it to change.

That’s somewhat my reasoning for pulling back.

Rigidly disagreeing and discarding possible correlations and possible low probability cases, especially with memes, is what I’d expect from someone that isn’t actually well informed about RNG. :thinking:

I’m going to ignore this since you stepped back to your old opinion and forgot everything you learnt.

You also forgot I’m not talking about patterns or rules that will apply or repeat.

So may you suggest a better way of doing it?

My big non-quote/non-reply posts are usually:

1. Cover initial thoughts and possible reasons for posting.
  2. Some arguments, sometimes that works for both sides or one side.
  3. Examples for the arguments and/or examples that can support those if I find any.
  4. Last thoughts/conclusion/questions.

They’re not multiple posts as one to prevent double posting. They’re a post as whole on the same context.

If you can suggest some better format so it can be understood better I’m open to suggestions.

But let’s be honest here. Definitely, no one is going to like someone cutting out the parts they actually told about “something X” just to be told “you’re contradicting yourself because you totally ignored the something X”. This always triggers the “troll flag” for me because it’s a common way to annoy people in the internet and I’ll stop being so nice to you when you do that. Especially if it continues and you keep avoiding when I ask about it.

My first answer for you was the same tone you answered to the topic:

If instead of saying something that is somewhat sarcastic and didn’t went to “IMC can’t code HURR DURR” braindead troll mob sentence it would have been great.

We both disagree with the first posts of each other. You’re not the only one answering in the same tone back. I saw this same thing over and over and over in-game as well.

Why is it too hard for people to understand that the same type of things that annoys them can also annoys others?

Yeah, it actually happens.

That’s how I got a +7 Primus Musket with 5 potential left and a +15 Ice Rod with no potential loss, lmao.

It’s really uncertain/not guaranteed/unpredictable/“works” or whatever word someone might want to use. In the end it’s all random and luck.

EDIT: My bad about double post, clicked another Reply accidentally.

My first statement was a shot at either IMC or people suggesting rituals. It’s one or the other but I guess you will be offended either way it goes. Yes it is aimed more towards IMC, but that’s because there’s no actual basis to the rituals so the statement should be false. However if the statement is actually true then there really are problems with the enhancement system and in that sense it was not coded well.

In another instance, during the discussion about corsair in the ktos thread your first statement to me included that I probably don’t play corsair. What, you’re going to say that you got offended by my tone when I said that the new dagger skill is not a big deal? Unfortunately I play corsair, and it’s not a big deal to me so what you said was uncalled for, like many of the other things you tell other people you can’t get along with.

You get offended by the tone of anything anyone you label as a troll says at this point, which is also why you keep butting heads with many other people.

Wtf I never talked to you in-game, I doubt we’re even in the same server. But if you mean it’s what’s happening to you everywhere then you really need to lessen the number of things you get offended by. I actually manage to get along decently with people in my server, aside from maybe one person in that fanart contest drama thread but we mostly just ignore each other.

After this I will never address you again, I have already been avoiding that anyway. If you could do the same and not catch any tones or whatever from any of my posts that would be great too, don’t talk to me if I don’t talk to you and we’ll never talk again. Strike one “troll” off your offense catching net and this case will be closed.

Holy molly, you guys do talk hahahahaha. The only true way to refine is: find a calm place that you like, refine. Fail? Try again sometime later or the next day, rinse and repeat. You can however, simply blindly stomp your anvil until you’re 0’ed potential ( done sometimes, managed to get some items to +16 no pot loss or 1 pot loss, others, barely got to +8 hahahahaha)

Refining is magic yolo

1 Like

I have reason to believe anvils work differently depending on the tier of item you are upgrading, but i could be imagining things.

I’m not going to be offended but that doesn’t change the tone of your post. It’s still like that because you added the “can’t code RNG” part.

Let’s go back to the ktos thread then. What happened exactly?

I honestly can’t imagine anyone that play Corsair to think that needing to transcend 3 weapons isn’t a big deal.

Yeah. It wasn’t exactly only to you but as a mechanic itself.

That gets completed later:

I honestly didn’t mean it in a bad way. Just like you complained about my first post in current thread and I yours were the one that triggered my behavior, in that thread it was opposite. Everyone can make mistakes, my bad for that one.

I just, really, can’t imagine a Corsair player being ok with needing to transcend 3 weapons and thought that no one would be ok with it.

No. It’s not happening to me everywhere. It’s related to a certain group of people where the “hey, you did something bad” when they did it first.

But, do you see now what I’m complaining about you?

Now there you are distorting my words again trying to put me in a bad way.

That’s what I call a troll behavior. If you’re doing this accidentally, you need to lessen the rate you guess what people are saying and actually read their posts.

To be honest no. The only thing that actually annoys me hard (not really offend) is trying to distort my posts. People don’t need to be offended to follow the same tone as you.

Same, I’ll never address you again. But there will you be again, ignoring/avoiding my 2 questions about what you said just like in a good amount of posts in this topic :man_shrugging:

But I’ll just leave here something

Ok, ok.

1. May you give any examples of what this apply to when the “someone I don’t get along” isn’t talking about “IMC can’t code” or “crash channels to enhance weapon” or these similar mob mentality stuff?

2. If someone is butting head with me back why am I the only one to blame? Especially if they started with the sentences I just said on #1?

I’m sure not going to get along with people posting just to distort others’ word or just to troll. Anything wrong with it? :man_shrugging:

We are trying to figure whether a Ritual or a Pattern can be found but without success so far.
The only thing we can tell is that time windows seem to be a thing (seems like a possible seed might be System Time).

I noticed it myself already that items with the same x% chance “CAN” drop periodically (Guild mate dropped 3 Monster Gems and 3 Orbs in a 4.5h Window and I had something similar some times ago as well). This is however hard to confirm cause we can’t exclude the possibility of pure coincidence.

And they don’t have a lot of existing coding issues? Crashes, screen-freezes, buggy skills, buggy AI, ping based attack speed, etc. etc? IMC is a game company and they’re running a business, you should put a higher standard on their coding execution.

Now look who’s putting words in other people’s mouths. You’re the one who wants to use both pistol shot and impale dagger. How is a 3 hit single target skill worth a 3rd transcended weapon? It’s not like picking between shadow thorn and shadow conjuration, it’s more like trying to trans a spear and shield just so you could use synchro thrusting on your 2-hand spear dragoon.

read the “IF” part on the sentence because it changes the meaning depending on that.

I guess I distorted your post somehow without replying to you? Or are you now going on to the semantics between offend and annoy?

You have this tendency to think people are distorting your words when you write walls of texts every time. Quantity doesn’t make a good argument, be straight to the point and make it so your words can’t be distorted then, like during that time you kept throwing fallacies at me.

1 Like

Uh, can we get back to enhancement/rng subject please?

It’s hard because there’re always long walls of texts and you can’t ignore any part of it otherwise you’re distorting his words.

You know what, I’ll just stop replying for real at this point.

So let me share my experience. I never failed a single enhance till now with event silver anvils.
Whenever I use it I always succeed (And yes ofc i use them after +6 onwards).

But sadly I still don’t dare to go beyond +11.

It most likely is but you can’t get the correct system time down to milliseconds and you can’t know how many iterations of rand() are happening per server.

Pro-tip: Just give up on the seed.

Also for pattern, you won’t find rules. All you can do is try to find what would be a start of a high roll streak and hope it doesn’t go low. Either by using multiple weapons or risking right on the orange or stopping/trying later etc.

Or just aim at +11/avg potential instead of potentially wasting silver xD

Yeah, Orange gears and Golden Anvils are kind of similar too in some lower level HGs.

Sometimes you don’t get Golden Anvils for hours, sometimes you can get 1 and none. Sometimes you can get 3+ in a row. Same for orange gears, at some point you also get a few drops then it stops suddenly.

That’s beyond what “fodder weapon tricks” and similar stuff can help though.

Yes they have but not everything is badly coded. My only problem is with you saying “someone can’t code RNG”, period.

I’m not putting words in other people’s mouths. Did I say any name? Did I say someone else is saying that?

I just said that I can’t imagine anyone that play Corsair would be ok with transcending 3 weapons. And that’s especially true when C1 and C2 skills can be used with pistols.

Then later I said:

Then you TRY to distort my words:

When I’m not talking about losing something but about the decision of locking the skill to be dagger-only or it’s too weak. :man_shrugging:

But that sounds hella sarcastic in that context.

:tired:

Oh, so you never replied to me on this thread saying I’m contradicting myself because you distorted my post and cut out stuff from your quotes? :man_shrugging:

No. I have a tendency to think people are distorting my post whey they say. “You’re saying X” when I’m not saying X. Or “you’re convinced of X” when I’m not convinced of X. Or “you’re defending IMC because X” when I’m just telling your argument is wrong - etc.

I agree that quality doesn’t make a good argument. But being straight to the point is good when you want to convince or discuss something. If I want to talk about an opinion or possibility I’m not going to care what’s better to “win” arguments or not. Sorry, I’m not here for this.

Plus my English isn’t great so I lack vocabulary and need more words to explain things that I don’t know to explain in shorter sentences without cutting out details and meanings. And I honestly feel that doing it the wrong way causes even more trollish reaction or distortions lol

Also is our entire argument simply communication issues or language barriers at this point?

Finally.

1 Like

:V

And some people silently grin in the backgrounds at those people who argue that while rituals are not 100% true, they make enhancing a bit “better” without cheats, without exploits, without salt.

These are the people who argue with you to no extent but when you actually do really teach them tips and if it even somehow “helps” in enhancing, that’s good enough for them to drop their argument.

They argue all because, maybe, they haven’t had experience having an equipment +15/+16? Let alone something higher than that.

flies away from this thread while laughing

I always only aim for +11 :tired:

Thanks guys for this hilarious thread.

Wow I tried and I got +26 for the first time of my life.
I still have 2 potentials left, dunno if I should use diamond now instead

Oh my God.

The only pattern I’m sure is I “destroyed” good items every time I mashed anvils until 1 pot,

this just happened today I only wanted +11 xD
I got like 10 items +16 to +26 but never I spammed anvils at low fps in full channel 1 is what I could “notice”.

1 Like

I just want to leave this here:

With the big warning that it’s still bound to luck.

Try if you want to.

Also, sorry for the abysmal job at selecting wrong rects on SimpleScreenRecorder. I wanted to cut down the silver/TP on character and chat because I’m sick for a few days and I’m too lazy to go search for video processing tools/etc I don’t have anything for that installed atm.

Also, I forgot to cast Gloria, could have made it to +21.

1 Like