Tree of Savior Forum

History repeats itself. Especially if you don't learn from the past

I stopped playing before the trading restriction got up. Slapped me in the face first few mins back in the game.

This shouldn’t have been too hard to implement over a period of 5 months right? Maybe imc were just that busy…

EDIT: Oh! Another one. Maybe imc just overlooked it:

Megaphones should have a delay you say? imc may have just overlooked this one:

Oh yeah, I’ve experienced this before a few times on accident. I’ll submit a bug report when I can collect some more video footage. Maybe some hardworking future Prinny will dig it up and place it in good company:

EDIT: And another!

Heh yes. The censor thing is just ridiculous. Theres a huge list of words I could rattle off that I’ve seen people use that ARENT censored, and should be if you’re into that sort of thing (IMO, i usually turn OFF censors if i can). On top of that, the censor is so stupidly broad that even game mechanics terms cant be spoken, which is just silly. At least create filter exceptions, for crying out loud.

Edit: Oh man, and the megaphone thing too. Just one of many many anti-spam tactics they could’ve added to cut down on issues. I mean, you’re never gonna truly solve gold seller spam, I think - there’s always creative ways to abuse systems, but you can make it annoying to try to get around.

Yeah… hindsight is obviously 20/20 which is why some of these posts are so funny now. And for many of them, I can kind of understand why imc didn’t end up addressing them. But some of the issues had a lot of comments and discussion and were clearly issues that have persisted till today. So it’s kind of mind boggling I guess… is all I can muster up…

I remamber many threads with buggs documented in great detail with videos showing exactly how to reproduce those and these bugs are still ingame.

They based their work mostly around korean testers ,either they were crap testers OR they didn’t listen to them either.
This became apparent to me when they tried to modify our economy to resemble Korean economy.

If you dig up some threads about that , you’ll see a huge drama xD. It was a huge fiasco to say the least.
Couldn’t even play priest, because your expenses far exceeded your income.

2 Likes

Yeah, well I’m done for tonight I think. The point of this whole thread though was that there were some legitimate concerns in the past that I think got overlooked and clearly have come back to haunt us. Again, the disclaimer is that hindsight is 20/20 and many of the posts I picked out may not have been representative of the mindset of players at the time.

That said… I can’t help but wonder if a lot of these could’ve been avoided if we had a better feedback system for big issues with the game.

I like to think that imc just overlooked them and weren’t intentionally ignoring them, but we could lay a lot of those fears to rest with a better feedback system.

So excuse my blatant idea self-promotion:

I on the other hand have a fairly pessimistic outlook and will go ahead and say that it is all 100% intentional.

They seem to go back and forward between being ignorant and panicking when they step on a mine.

I’ve just read the annoucment about loging problems, and when I heard their
solution to the multiple requests problem my jaw dropped.

Source of problem?

eager user clicking buttons

Solution

Use the enter button once when logging in

1 Like

Yeah… I suspect the NPC lag issues are the same haha

“Just talk to the NPCs once when turning in the quests”

Out of curiosity for any users who have some working knowledge of korean.

@Gwenyth (you’re one of the people I could think of, sorry if I’m bothering you lol >_>)

How has this launch been compared to the kToS one? Are we in the process of that kind of history repeating itself as well or are the causes and issues wholly different?

Hahaha this is GOLD omg I love this. Well that puts the nail in the coffin, I ain’t gonna pay another cent to these fools. F2P, buy my tokens in-game style is all I care to do IF I do continue to play this.

Any developer/producer that cannot fix major bugs like these in a month+ (4 weeks, 30 days, 720 hours, 43,200 minutes!) let alone 5+ is destined for absolute failure. It means that their core coding is such a fcked up mess that anytime they don’t have the actual key head developers working on that particular issue, it’s literally just tooth pick n duct tape patches and work arounds. And it looks like they’re gonna be building the rest of this game in that fashion lol.

I am korean and I played it in korean server. It was ruined by what is already common in this server, bots and overwhelming lags. Also, yes, they did not listen a single thing from the user even though they have sent complaints for months

4 Likes

they even had to do user return event 2 months later after the game was released. 2 MONTHS AFTER RELEASE!!!

Heh yeah, its a bit jaw-dropping. Its like… you guys don’t even know how to code basic login process or something? To the point that I user trying more than once when something fails might cause issues? Thats nuts. Login troubleshooting 101 is basically along the lines of ‘Try again, make sure caps lock and numlock are off, and you type in your password carefully’ lol. Multiple requests are basically page 1 for the average user who runs into an issue, yeah?

Same thing with all the gold spam and censor issues. I can think of a half dozen solutions off the top of my head that I’ve seen other games use. And seen posts about here on the forums, for that matter.

I dunno, I feel … well honestly kinda racist saying it, after a fashion, but it really reinforces the idea for me that most Western-based Devs make games because they care about gaming, whereas a lot Eastern-based Devs make games solely to make money, the end result being we get ignored as players. Not that Western devs don’t have buggy releases sometimes too, but they rarely feel like cash grabs, compared to all the Play-For-A-Month-And-Move-On stuff I see from eastern devs in the MMO/mobile world.

There even was a thing called “buy-in” shop.
It was like RO merchant shops but, instead of selling, theses were used for buying. Everyone could open them. Very nice feature.

In comparison, the Korean server was far smoother.

The server needs strength, he’s not strong enough yet. The problems are relative to the iCBT2 stage.

Korea has a better system for bot prevention / gold selling simply by being a korean game requiring an activated ssn account in order to launch the game, which results in less bot / goldseller. I never saw a gold seller broadcast on the megaphone channel either, i did see ‘bots’, but i also see a lot of bots get banned swiftly during the week- a few hundred at least , and they post about it on the announcements page with a list of players who have been sanctioned for violating the 5 main rules in game.

2 Likes

That feature was one of the thing that made me want to play.
Making shops like in RO or buying shops, seriously that was the best, i was so disapointed when i realized it was not implemented…
Not being able to transfer silver in your account is retarded too, i was aiming for a pardonner as a money maker to finance my other chars, but what’s the point of those money making class if you can’t give your silvers to you alts…
And the team storage is such a let down too, give us a kafra ffs T.T

A game where 2 players need be VIP to give a ■■■■■■■ useless or good item, because we cant trade any silver. Already lost my respect.
Don’t come with bot excuse, we can’t put silver so why not set the trade free for all? The don’t have 1 or 2 problem there are like 20~50 problems. OMG.
“Oh you never played a beta before” Yeah not too much, something like 10 betas, but always 10 times better than this.

eidt: Oh and it’s not hard to find some “Buy silvers from silver(gold) sellers” just look at your AH, there are some items for something like 1,000,000 or 3,000,000. items from “etc” or something like it worth 100silver, but let’s put for 1kk and pay a 10k fee just for fun…

Ironically trade in closed beta was apparently not very restrictive. Certainly not to the degree we’re currently experiencing. Which is why there were basically very few complaint threads in the CBT feedback.

Don’t try to ‘fix’ what isn’t broken I say.