Tree of Savior Forum

History repeats itself. Especially if you don't learn from the past

@chronosanct
Minner’s Village has a Giant Kepa Boss that used to respawn in the same tile it was killed, so many players used something to keep the atack button pressed so they kill this monster over and over while AFK

Ah, gotcha, is the “hold z” key down issue also resolved though?

I’ve been making this comparison during the 2nd icbt … Im past the point of making fun of this. Right now Im simply pissed off.

4 Likes

Was trading not implemented in the CBTs? It doesn’t seem like people had as many issues with it back in the CBTs?

I don’t think it was ever really fixed, but I believe they inserted some odd type of roaming boss that normal players would run away from, but bots would die against. So you’d end up seeing bots dead while running throughout Miner’s Village.

It was an odd time.

1 Like

I wonder if “broken ipf” login issue will make a come back?

Anyway, here is the guide in case it does. :grin:

This thread should be the top thread, just to show those guys , how ridiculus this is.
How are they meant to officially launch in a month of time, while a year old bugs are still in game.

Well to be fair the oldest seem to be ~5 months. But your point is well taken. 5 months is already a pretty long time to be ‘patient’.

A precursor to commander loadfail? Granted, this post didnt’ receive a lot of views or replies. So it’s more understandable it wasn’t really addressed.

It was really good feedback though that I kind of wish we had lol especially since I’m suffering from commander loadfail right now!

1 Like

The battles between ‘white knights’ and ‘complainer plebs’ were foretold many millenia ago:

2 Likes

These are gold tbh. I’m kinda glad and regretting at the same time not playing the CBT too much. For one, I would have noticed all these problems but at the same time, it saved me a lot of

damn, you certainly went digging, didn’t you? I forgot I even made that post. :joy:

1 Like

Well it was certainly great feedback! As I’m suffering from commander loadfail we certainly would be in a happier place if imc listened to your post!!

We Prinny’s are experts at the grunt work, digging is easy as pie >_>

The whiteknights that are trying to defend IMC’s amateurish decisions and support will doom the game.

1 Like

Is that part of the goddess’s revelation?

It’s interesting to me that there weren’t that many complaints about the trading system in the past. Was it because it was different or because it wasn’t really implemented?

Here is one I was able to find though:

We can trade silver and use market freely back then.

1 Like

Ah, makes sense that there weren’t complaints about it then.

The trade system between iCBT2 and now has been drastically changed, yes. There were no limitations and you didn’t require any token to trade because, well, they didn’t exist. The tradeoff, I guess, was that the market was down for about half the beta’s duration or some such, which thankfully doesn’t seem to be happening anymore.

And about the commander error: I don’t remember if it was the same, but I certainly experienced channels crashing on me back then. Including one instance in which I was unfortunately in a 1 channel area which crashed, which left me unable to do anything for about 20 minutes.
Thankfully it was just 20 minutes, and not, well, a whole day.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been on about this for awhile in other games. SWTOR and GuildWars 2 were both pretty bad about this kind of thing. Not like in that they were nearly as bad, but along the same lines of ‘This bug was in alpha, and then in beta, and then in release, and I’ve seen it again and again’

I think the problem is threefold

One, the people who go absolutely nuts and just rage constantly, which encourages devs to just ignore them (they just ban them or not even bother to open those kind of rage-titled threads)

Two, the people who just go 'Its Beta, They’ll fix it" and handwave pretty much any kind of major issue without even being willing to talk/complain about the subject in a properly critical fashion, so issues get ignored or pushed downwards.

Three, the people who sorta-kinda fall into the second group but instead go ‘Sure, its got issues, but its in beta, and when this game is finished itll be sooooo awesome’ and get super hyped for something thats clearly buggy and unfinished - they then go on the spread hype and generate income for the devs, who then get a false sense of what the game really needs because its selling well in spite of serious problems.

Its like selling wishes, basically, at some point - People get hyped, buy lots of copies, bugs emerge as games become under major stress, but the money is either in or continues to roll in, so nothing gets spent on fixing it. Lessons in preorders I guess.

Guild Wars has a particularly funny example to me… in the early alpha versions, Dyes for clothing were accound-wide unlocked, as were transmogs. Sometime during the later stages of alpha, they ditched that system to a character-specific / token specific one, only to change back to the old alpha system a year or two after full release.

1 Like