Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] What newcommers should know about this game!

As you all know F2P is starting up soon and we need to refresh our minds to prepare ourselves(at least you guys who have not been playing).
Here are some tips and tricks of what could be useful to know in game!
Ctrl+F if you want to search faster.

**In-game commands:**

/indun - Lets you see how many entries we have in dungeons
/cardbattle - Lets you set up a a 1v1 table for card game
//ping - Lets you see your ping latency
!!“msg” - Lets you have a yellow text above your head for everyone to see.
For example “LFP Healer”. A yellow text saying LFP Healer will show above your head.
/w “teamname” - Pretty straight forward like the above. Lets you send a private message to someone.
/p - Works like whisper, but for everyone in your party.

**Character info(Sigil, EXP, damage, Class):**

Class advancement: To proceed to the next class or circle2/3, you must be CLASS lvl 15! NOT CHARACTER LVL 15.

Skill points - You are not forced to use up all your skill points. You can for example save 3 points for c2/c3 from c1/c2.
(NOTE: You cant save skill points for another class, it must be for the SAME CLASS)

Overheat - If an ability has overheat(some abilities have an O on it) it means that you can use it a certain amount of time(usually 2-3) because it goes off to cooldown. Overheat charges also refreshes after some seconds.(IVe not tested for how long or it depends of the cooldown of an ability)

Hidden classes - In case you didnt know, there are hidden classes that needs some special requirements.(For now there’s the “shinobi, runecaster and chaplain”)
(Do not ask me about the details, I for now do not know about how these special requirements are met) Looking through google will defintely hlep.

Experience curve - Experience do “reset” after some certain level. Meaning that by the time you reach lvl 46/86/137 etc. it will take a lot less experience to lvl up. Image for experience “reset” or In accurate numbers

TONS OF DAMAGE

Damage information(basically too much info to write, instead have a more informative link!):

Damage penalty -
Here’s a useful guide to how elements work

[Slash, pierce and missiles are all not the same! They are different depending on the opponent’s armor]

The penalty is reduced by 4% for every +1 enhancement your bow/crossbow hasSee this patch for yourself AKA source
There’s a damage penalty against medium and large monsters. 10% vs medium size enemies, 25% vs large+
Also, for every missile hit the opponent’s defense is reduced by 10% (stacks up to 50%=5 hits).

SIGILS

Offensive class/red sigil - These classes mainly has offensive abilities

Defensive class/blue sigil - These classes also has damage abilities, but their bigger purpose is to CC(crowd control their enemies. They can stun/slow/snare/freeze etc.

Support class/green sigil - These classes mostly has support abilities. They mostly has supportive abilities. They can heal, buff and debuff.

Utility class/yellow sigil - Some classes are unique and they are also called “crafting classes”. As for now there are only squire, alchemist, pardoner. They arent focused on dealing damage, but they can create and use unique abilities that some other classes dont!

**Guilds info:**

"Where do I make a guild?" - Have less fear! ONLY class called " Templar" can make and lead a guild.
If you do make a guild on that character, your other characters will also have the same authorities as your templar. Same goes if you’re a MEMBER. When you become a member of a guild, so will your other characters.(Just like how party/friend list work too FYI)

How many members? - A guild can have a maximum of 25 members.

How to upgrade? - Talts are valuable to guilds as they help to upgrade the towers. Every member can contribute by going to the guild tower and every guild member can see how much you have contributed. I was planning to add images of it, but I sadly don’t have pictures for it now because we’re currently in a war…

**Dungeons**

Dungeon locations - They are located on some maps and the entrances looks like a house made for gnomes. Should be easy to find as its usually surrounded by players looking for party members.

Dungeon timer - Theres a limit to enter a dungeon everyday. Dungeon entrances restarts every 6 AM server time. I do not know which time it is for you, do the calculations by yourself(Im slightly bad at timezones). The game also has its own time

**Missions(Mercenary outpost):**

Missions are good for experience. They can be also done 2-3x a day and by the time you reach level 100. You can enter missions in Fedimian which is located by going left nad up from the vakarine statue and inside “Mercenary outpost”

You can also do daily missions here! The currently preferable mission to do is “Siaulai”. This is the fastest queue because everyone does this one.
Searching for a party also gives you 600% bonus exp.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Searching for a party will force you to enter the mission with 4 other people. Meaning they can be multiple swordsmen and maybe an archer, three mages and a cleric etc. What I’m trying to say that searching for a party is completely random. Everyone loves to have a healer in a mission but once you understand the boss’ pattern it should be easy to dodge their attacks.
Don’t always expect to have a healer in the group. Missions are doable without a healer. No one likes a quitter. Thank you.

**Party:**

Party - A party can have a maximum of 5 members only. Parties are helpful to do dungeons, missions and grinding.
The game encourages you to party with others to level faster, so the more people there are the more experience you will get.
General Party EXP.
- 2 Players (180%)
- 3 Players (220%)
- 4 Players (280%)
- 5 Players (350%)

When there are 5 people:
3 unique classes in a party will make it a total of 360%(+10%) instead.
4 unique classes in a party will make it a total of 400%(+50%) instead.

Unique classes as in wizard, cleric, archers and swordsmens.

• However, the experience bonus is applicable only when the parties sharing setting is set to ‘evenly distributed’.

If a member leave during the instance the experience will increase by 120%.
The bonuses does not apply when searching for party for instances!

Source: http://pastebin.com/juaTU719 made by Gwenyth from the forums.

**Trading:**

Trading is currently in a harsh state at the moment. Restrictions and taxes are everywhere.

Market:
10-30% tax - You lose this much when you successfully sell something from the market. The tax is lower if you have a token activated.
50% tax% - Alchemist’s gem roasting and Squire’s shops are suffering a 50% tax, meaning you only recieve half of what you set your prices on.

Storage:

• Like in every mmorpg, you can store items.
  • You can also trade items between your characters. You do NOT lose potential anymore.

Untradable - Certain items like recipe will be untradable after you get it from someone. It will be tradable once you make the items.

You can’t trade silvers - You just can’t. Hate the gold sellers.
Nor can you trade boss cards - If you’re a sorcerer and want that boss card from someone. You have to cardbattle them and hope to win it. It’s up to you if you can trust the trader.
Gems are also untradable

**Miscellaneous:**

When to start grinding - You do not have to grind at all until you reach post-Demon Prison Disctrict or Dina Bee Farm or Alemeth etc. Doing missions/dungeons everyday will help you grind less.

"Team name" - This is different from your character name. Think of this as your last name for your characters like if they’re one big family If someone adds you to their friends list, they add the rest of your character too! (Now you cant really hide and pretend to “go”)
Team name is what’s shown on every chat too(party, global, all).

Shift+left click when shopping - I was surprised some people didn’t know of this, but you can save time by shift+left clicking instead of clicking the item one by one.

Boss cards - They are useless atm. They are currently only useful for sorcerers, necromancers and wugushis. You can do cardbattles with these, but I’ll be honest to say that it’s dull.(hoping for some rework)

Exp card - Most of the quests gives you exp cards as a reward, both main and sub quests. (REMINDER: Sub quests are OPTIONAL and you do not have to force yourself to do them, yet they are very helpful to gain experience.)
Explore the map to find quests. Main quests are orange. Sub quests are blue and repetable quests are green.

Gems - There are 4 different colored type of gems and each of them gives a different status depending on which equipment you want to instert them into. Put them into your storage when you can as you can lose them in certain places when you die.

Wings of Vibora - Is an npc that can be found in Klaipeda and Orsha. Completing some achievements will give you thousands of silvers by clicking on the treasure chests. You will also recieve one exp card depending by the mob level. You will recieve the card by killing a mob for a certain amount of times.
You will also recieve three exp cards when you 100% a man. The level of the card also depends of which map you fully explored.

F11/Collections - There is an npc in Orsha and Klaipeda called “Magic Association”. You have to go here to put in the boxes and materials.
Collection boxes can be found in every map.
Completing a box will reward you some status to EVERY one of your characters.

F12 - Pressing this button will record your gameplay.

Screenshot - For the love of god dont ever use your phone/camera to take a picture of in-game. Press “PRINTSCREEN” to take a screenshot.

Sit/stand - Pressing “insert” key will make your character sit/stand.

Red recipes - As far as I know, bosses drops red recipes. They are known for being the most rare and best items in-game. (Correct me if its wrong)

Reporting/muting a bot - They are the plague, scum, and fleas of the server. They spam the shout chat every single day, walk stupidly on some maps. You can block the gold sellers by right clicking their name. You can also report a bot by rick clicking them and choosing the option right click.

Hack/bot etc. - “Im too lazy to do it myself, I wanna use bot programs. Can you provide me a li-”. NO. Fakk off or at least gtfo. You get caught, you get a ban.

Be extra prepared! There will be moments when you think: “Damn, I wish I took X instead of Y”. I highly advice you to make a build instead of going in blindly.

For swordsmen people: An awesome and incredible detailed swordman guide by Cathexis

Cleric, archer, mage guides comming soon™ I’ll try to look for some super good ones like Cathexis.

That’s most of the things I know. I tried making it look like a cool “tips and tricks” guide, but instead it also ended up being a tutorial at some parts. If I have forgotten something useful let me know and I will add it up. I also tried to not make it too detailed as I want
everyone to explore for themselves. I mostly added some things people would likely to miss.

If there is something you can find/contact me in the Klaipeda server! “Zapphiro”. See ya in game!

Helpful sites -

http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Main_Page

24 Likes

I cant click on the…

In-game commands:

Character info(Sigil, EXP, damage, Class):

Guilds info:

Miscellaneous:

thingy

Thats worrying. Are you using mobile? If not, what about the type of browser you’re using?

laptop and firefox…

I thought it was the ad block but I disable it and re enter, but nothing happened…

Woopsie, you’re right. I tried the same on firefox and its happening here too. I dont know coding so I’ll seperate the firefox version from original post. I seperated instead of editing the original post due to overview and reader-friendly way.

In-game commands

/indun - Lets you see how many entries we have in dungeons
/cardbattle - Lets you set up a a 1v1 table for card game
//ping - Lets you see your ping latency
!!“msg” - Lets you have a yellow text above your head for everyone to see.
For example “LFP Healer”. A yellow text saying LFP Healer will show above your head.
/w “teamname” - Pretty straight forward like the above. Lets you send a private message to someone.
/p - Works like whisper, but for everyone in your party.

Character info(Sigil, EXP, damage, Class):

Class advancement: To proceed to the next class or circle2/3, you must be CLASS lvl 15! NOT CHARACTER LVL 15.

Skill points - You are not forced to use up all your skill points. You can for example save 3 points for c2/c3 from c1/c2.
(NOTE: You cant save skill points for another class, it must be for the SAME CLASS)

Overheat - If an ability has overheat(some abilities have an O on it) it means that you can use it a certain amount of time(usually 2-3) because it goes off to cooldown. Overheat charges also refreshes after some seconds.(IVe not tested for how long or it depends of the cooldown of an ability)

Hidden classes - In case you didnt know, there are hidden classes that needs some special requirements.(For now there’s the “shinobi, runecaster and chaplain”)
(Do not ask me about the details, I for now do not know about how these special requirements are met) Looking through google will defintely hlep.

Experience curve - Experience do “reset” after some certain level. Meaning that by the time you reach lvl 46/86/137 etc. it will take a lot less experience to lvl up. Image for experience “reset” or In accurate numbers

Damage information(basically too much info to write, instead have a more informative link!):

Damage penalty -

Here’s a useful guide to how elements work

[Slash, pierce and missiles are all not the same! They are different depending on the opponent’s armor]

The penalty is reduced by 4% for every +1 enhancement your bow/crossbow hasSee this patch for yourself AKA source
There’s a damage penalty against medium and large monsters. 10% vs medium size enemies, 25% vs large+
Also, for every missile hit the opponent’s defense is reduced by 10% (stacks up to 50%=5 hits).

Sigils

Offensive class/red sigil - These classes mainly has offensive abilities

Defensive class/blue sigil - These classes also has damage abilities, but their bigger purpose is to CC(crowd control their enemies. They can stun/slow/snare/freeze etc.

Support class/green sigil - These classes mostly has support abilities. They mostly has supportive abilities. They can heal, buff and debuff.

Utility class/yellow sigil - Some classes are unique and they are also called “crafting classes”. As for now there are only squire, alchemist, pardoner. They arent focused on dealing damage, but they can create and use unique abilities that some other classes dont!

Guilds info:

"Where do I make a guild?" - Have less fear! ONLY class called " Templar" can make and lead a guild.

If you do make a guild on that character, your other characters will also have the same authorities as your templar. Same goes if you’re a MEMBER. When you become a member of a guild, so will your other characters.(Just like how party/friend list work too FYI)

How many members? - A guild can have a maximum of 25 members.

How to upgrade? - Talts are valuable to guilds as they help to upgrade the towers. Every member can contribute by going to the guild tower and every guild member can see how much you have contributed. I was planning to add images of it, but I sadly don’t have pictures for it now because we’re currently in a war…

Dungeons

Dungeon locations - They are located on some maps and the entrances looks like a house made for gnomes. Should be easy to find as its usually surrounded by players looking for party members.

Dungeon timer - Theres a limit to enter a dungeon everyday. Dungeon entrances restarts every 6 AM server time. I do not know which time it is for you, do the calculations by yourself(Im slightly bad at timezones). The game also has its own time

Missions(Mercenary outpost):

Missions are good for experience. They can be also done 2-3x a day and by the time you reach level 100. You can enter missions in Fedimian which is located by going left nad up from the vakarine statue and inside “Mercenary outpost”

You can also do daily missions here! The currently preferable mission to do is “Siaulai”. This is the fastest queue because everyone does this one.
Searching for a party also gives you 600% bonus exp.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Searching for a party will force you to enter the mission with 4 other people. Meaning they can be multiple swordsmen and maybe an archer, three mages and a cleric etc. What I’m trying to say that searching for a party is completely random. Everyone loves to have a healer in a mission but once you understand the boss’ pattern it should be easy to dodge their attacks.
Don’t always expect to have a healer in the group. Missions are doable without a healer. No one likes a quitter. Thank you.

Party:

Party - A party can have a maximum of 5 members only. Parties are helpful to do dungeons, missions and grinding.
The game encourages you to party with others to level faster, so the more people there are the more experience you will get.
General Party EXP.
- 2 Players (180%)
- 3 Players (220%)
- 4 Players (280%)
- 5 Players (350%)

When there are 5 people:
3 unique classes in a party will make it a total of 360%(+10%) instead.
4 unique classes in a party will make it a total of 400%(+50%) instead.

Unique classes as in wizard, cleric, archers and swordsmens.

• However, the experience bonus is applicable only when the parties sharing setting is set to ‘evenly distributed’.

If a member leave during the instance the experience will increase by 120%.
The bonuses does not apply when searching for party for instances!

Source: http://pastebin.com/juaTU719 made by Gwenyth from the forums.

Trading:

Trading is currently in a harsh state at the moment. Restrictions and taxes are everywhere.

Market:
10-30% tax - You lose this much when you successfully sell something from the market. The tax is lower if you have a token activated.
50% tax% - Alchemist’s gem roasting and Squire’s shops are suffering a 50% tax, meaning you only recieve half of what you set your prices on.

Storage:

• Like in every mmorpg, you can store items.
  • You can also trade items between your characters. You do NOT lose potential anymore.

Untradable - Certain items like recipe will be untradable after you get it from someone. It will be tradable once you make the items.

You can’t trade silvers - You just can’t. Hate the gold sellers.

Nor can you trade boss cards - If you’re a sorcerer and want that boss card from someone. You have to cardbattle them and hope to win it. It’s up to you if you can trust the trader.

Gems are also untradable

Miscellaneous:

When to start grinding - You do not have to grind at all until you reach post-Demon Prison Disctrict or Dina Bee Farm or Alemeth etc. Doing missions/dungeons everyday will help you grind less.

"Team name" - This is different from your character name. Think of this as your last name for your characters like if they’re one big family If someone adds you to their friends list, they add the rest of your character too! (Now you cant really hide and pretend to “go”)
Team name is what’s shown on every chat too(party, global, all).

Shift+left click when shopping - I was surprised some people didn’t know of this, but you can save time by shift+left clicking instead of clicking the item one by one.

Boss cards - They are useless atm. They are currently only useful for sorcerers, necromancers and wugushis. You can do cardbattles with these, but I’ll be honest to say that it’s dull.(hoping for some rework)

Exp card - Most of the quests gives you exp cards as a reward, both main and sub quests. (REMINDER: Sub quests are OPTIONAL and you do not have to force yourself to do them, yet they are very helpful to gain experience.)
Explore the map to find quests. Main quests are orange. Sub quests are blue and repetable quests are green.

Gems - There are 4 different colored type of gems and each of them gives a different status depending on which equipment you want to instert them into. Put them into your storage when you can as you can lose them in certain places when you die.

Wings of Vibora - Is an npc that can be found in Klaipeda and Orsha. Completing some achievements will give you thousands of silvers by clicking on the treasure chests. You will also recieve one exp card depending by the mob level. You will recieve the card by killing a mob for a certain amount of times.
You will also recieve three exp cards when you 100% a man. The level of the card also depends of which map you fully explored.

F11/Collections - There is an npc in Orsha and Klaipeda called “Magic Association”. You have to go here to put in the boxes and materials.
Collection boxes can be found in every map.
Completing a box will reward you some status to EVERY one of your characters.

F12 - Pressing this button will record your gameplay.

Screenshot - For the love of god dont ever use your phone/camera to take a picture of in-game. Press “PRINTSCREEN” to take a screenshot.

Sit/stand - Pressing “insert” key will make your character sit/stand.

Red recipes - As far as I know, bosses drops red recipes. They are known for being the most rare and best items in-game. (Correct me if its wrong)

Reporting/muting a bot - They are the plague, scum, and fleas of the server. They spam the shout chat every single day, walk stupidly on some maps. You can block the gold sellers by right clicking their name. You can also report a bot by rick clicking them and choosing the option right click.

Hack/bot etc. - “Im too lazy to do it myself, I wanna use bot programs. Can you provide me a li-”. NO. Fakk off or at least gtfo. You get caught, you get a ban.

5 Likes

Something happened in past few minutes. The very first time I tried, about half an hour ago, the details syntax was working with Firefox. I can open it on Chrome just fine. Also, I can confirm that is still working in any other Discourse forum.

It didn’t work for me the first time you posted it and I was even confused that what the heck is that…then next day it worked…and now it doesn’t work again… :sweat_smile:

Are ppl rly call them red recipes? I think they were meant to be orange…like typically in most mmos… blue->purple->orange I know the scrolls rly have a rust red color…but I would still call them orange xD They also provide Orange quality equipments.
Also you should rather mention that a lot of equipments come from Recipes and then you can mention it’s color indicates their quality.

Hmm. Its Debatable. They look more red to me though. I’ve seen people call them red too, but I checked tosbase and they have them listed as orange. I’ll just write them as red/orange to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Aye, theres a series of useful functionalities that arent enabled, which is kind of detrimental for quality posts. Really frustrating. :angry:

Very good point about needing to refresh since a good handful of us aren’t playing the Korean version.

Bookmarking so I can read up on this some more later.Thank you!

1 Like

Fletcher have a yellow sigil too.

1 Like

…and actually Necromancer and Sorcerer too… XD

Btw, you should add this:
Quests are all “hidden”, you must talk to every NPC in field maps in order to get all of the quests of that area.
The game doesnt offer any indications of whether or not a NPC have a quest for you so always talk to them and explore the map.

1 Like

@Ayalon Okay. I’ll just rephrase the sentence… :joy:

@iago_l [quote=“iago_l, post:13, topic:141840”]
The game doesnt offer any indications of whether or not a NPC have a quest for you so always talk to them and explore the map.
[/quote]
Thx. I’ll do something about it.

/memberinfo team_name to check a character classes and equips, it also automatically sends a “Like”.

2 Likes

This is rather helpful since I haven’t touched ToS since last beta. Would need this to remember a lot. I hope the server latency will be great unless there has been info on that already just haven’t looked in this forums in ages. Hope to enjoy ToS again.

2 Likes

Don’t report all successful quest. Some quest has a return warp (and it is not a continues quest) . You can save them for free warp.:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Yes, they’re utility.

Bleed, Anti Shield, Silence, Burn, Semi SPAmm Skills.

There’s no class that can silence, burn, remove reflect shield and co and even do some good dps xD.

“Or read Tosbase, and run from marker to marker xD. With a printout where the quest npcs are…”

I have made me a map xD … folder.

Shameless bump because F2P starts tomorrow.

My newcommers guide patch notes:

Added:

• Mission section.
  • Party section(Experience bonuses)
  • Trading section(restrictions and taxes)
  • Cathexis’ swordsman guide.

Updated:

• Collection boxes
  • Gems
  • Wings of Vibora
  • Missile attack penalty
  • Guilds
3 Likes