Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Which to attribute to 75 first (from 50), lunge or sept etoiles (or flanconnade?) I’m having trouble deciding which and I don’t know how to do the math to figure out the best option

Is Swordsman 3 a good choice for PVE Fencer? and PVP Fencer?

Swordman3 is not at a good place right now, for both PVE and PVP. Might be in the future, but it still is speculation.

This topic here covers pretty much what is good for PVE, just read the OP that you will understand.

Concerning PVP, I have a topic with some Cathexis help that discuss a little about the Fencer PVP (though more focused on 1v1 duels). But I think it can also be used for 2v2.

Generally it doesn’t matter, as all option increases each own skill’s damage by 16%. I’d choose skill with higher damage contribution per skill rotation. Lunge has slightly less than half of Prep + Sept’s cd, while Sept generally used along with Prep, so ya, doesn’t matter really. Lunge has the upper hand in the long run tho.

Edit : Anyone knows which modifier Prep falls into? Personally I suspect T0, if thats case, go with Lunge (or even Flanconnade).

1 Like

So we’re now getting the composee buff as soon as tomorrow, as well as the concentrate and restrain buff.

also hello ellaganos cards and higher str builds thanks to this

1 Like

does the cards stack when equipped? tried to search infos on it but to no avail. at Rank 7 we’ll be able to equip atleast 7 cards right?

Don’t forget guardian NERF. (come quit fast lol)

“Physical attack reduction/physical defense increase will now be applied based on a set percentage of the character’s own physical attack and physical defense.”

So It’s not count equipment and other stuff right??

No, I’ve already accepted that I need to make a new character, like I said I’m planning on a sword 3 with high str then ellaganos for dex.

@migzzz doesn’t say anything either so I’m not sure

I’ll make my current fencer into an experimental one to test things out, It has no real damage enhancing attributes anyway

A good number if not all can be stacked with each other, they said they where looking on it and a number have in fact changed over time (meaning our usual card effect pastebin isn’t 100% accurate).
The Likes of Cerberus are 100% stackeable, though, if anyone wants a bit of AoE ratio but doesn’t have hats with it.

isn’t that Centaurus Card? the one that increases AOE ratio. well anyway, I do hope they are stackable to some extent.

I don’t know all of the names out of the top of my head, but whichever was the one that gave it yeah.

I think I’ll just stop using Guardian until they rebalance it. You know what sword 3 does seem interesting now but would that mean we should add more Str to the build. What stats ratio are you thinking of going for?

No idea yet honestly, probably 1:2 now instead of 1:3

Hint: making a BASIC program that calculates the new concentrate helps.

I made one for myself, have been using it to simulate the formula.

it’s pretty simple as using excel, but that’s not my problem, it’s everything regarding the new system, item trans, new cards, etc.

So basically unsure of these things until we actually get to experience using them.

I was actually focusing on @Elaralam question, as he asked for the new STR influence, that is, how to make concentrate more useful for Fencer.

But of course, new systems will always raise more questions.

keep us updated with that build you are making

also, what card should we use/ what is the one that helps us more?

I have 100 str 18 con rest in dex at lvl 225 and i’m doing pretty good so far (i will benefit more from the new concentrate)

@Epten I suggeset using ellaganos / Reaverpede
based on http://pastebin.com/PrCkZ21n

Here’s the concentrate formula I use for everyone

concentrate.xml (8.7 KB)

I will update the main guide tomorrow during maintenance to align with the changes from barb before and everything else

I was thinking of doing a quick php script for that.

@Lostac what kind of build are you thinking about? I can think of two: Sw3->Pel->Cor->Fen3 or join the no taunt brigade with Sw3->Hl2->Fen3. One has a better leveling experience past 208 and is better at PvP, the other has a more interesting rotation and probably a better leveling experience until the grind starts. From my experience on Fedimian, you should be able to get into grind parties taunt or no taunt.

I recommend at least one corsair or barb, you don’t any any real stuns there and only knockdowns

These two are what I’m aiming for:
SW3 > Pel > Cor > Fen3
SW3> HL > Cor > Fen3

or even barb for the cleave debuff > double slash/flanconnade

I also have plans on making a shinobi though

Edit: Updated the guide faster than I thought

2 Likes