Tree of Savior Forum

Guide to Fencer / Doppel / Bullet Marker [PVE]

Wonder if should I max Mordschlag or just need to leave it at one, anyway my current set is
DoV 15, punish & cyclone 1
Zorn & redel 10/10
zucken 1
Zwer 1
Sturt 5
Mordschlag 1

s3 barb 3 dop3 vs s3 high3 dop3

high3 ABSOLUTELY more stronger.
barbarian atleast now is past.

I use SW3>Barb2>Doppel3>Shinobi

Yes, HL2>Barb2 if we’re talking about them exclusively, but you’re missing something important.

Key points:

1. Barb has cleave, and cleave is COPYABLE by bunshins.
  2. Seism is weak and copyable, but Seism+Cleave by bunshins is like moulinet due to stun damage multiplier
  3. Bunshin has CD Penalty now, Crown+Moulinet has long cooldown
  4. Same as #1, aside from the fact that cleave is copyable, it also makes your redel and zornhau VERY STRONG. Zwer doesn’t work on plate, cleave does.

Good builds with Shinobi (IMO):
SW3>Barb2>Doppel3>Shinobi.
Cleave and Zwerch for all your bunshins. This covers the attriubte enhance nerf, your bunshins are still very strong because of this. Compared to HL2 Shinobi variant, this has stronger bunshins and doppel skills due to cleave.
SW3>HL2>Doppel3>Shinobi:
Still okay, but not as strong as before with lower rank skills like moulinet and Double Slash due to attribute nerf. Has good HL skill fillers and can use prison cutter.
SW1>HL2>Barb2>Shinobi
Good for solo or if you’re not in parties. No double slash or 15 PB/Gungho, though. Same advantages as listed above, just missing the key skills I’ve mentioned.
SW1>HL3>Barb1>Doppel3>Shinobi
Classic strongest Doppel variant before rank 9. Boasts the advantages same above sd with the addition of skull swing and vertical slash.

@rabbithorn209
Drop that 1 point zucken, that’s either 6 or 0. IMO it’s a very bad skill if not at 6. I had it at 6 before the reset as a filler but Now I have none.

My Current skillset:
15 DOV
3 Cyclone
10 Redel
10 Zornhau
5 Sturtz
1 Zwer
1 Punish

1 Like

Unfortunately stun doesn’t affect bosses D:

Yes, but cleave still does.

this alone outdamages HL2 variant.

not only with barb skills but ALL your doppel and barb slashes, as well as double slash.

sidenote: I’m happy I made this thread long ago. No automatic closing crap

These builds look terrible. The only good Sworfsman is Murm2

What about a varenian Murm2? Damn, a mage invaded my thread.

A VARENIAN MURM2?! I’m dying

if we compare SW3>Barb2>Doppel3>Shinobi vs SW1>Hl3>b1>doppel3>shinobi

will doubleh slash > all the skill from HL? double slash has lower dmg % than skyliner, it just that the crit attribute that make it shine. so now the quest is how strong is double slash and how much patk we can get from lvl 15 gung ho ?

Double Slash > lower cd, can be used every bunshin, better radius
Moulinet > smaller radius/range, cannot be used every cd unless you have diev/chrono

lv15/17 gungho depends on your str

I like double slash better.
It’s a matter of comparing SW3 Benefits like Pb15/gungho15 or Skull Swing+Vertical Slash, depending on what you need.

Here’s my gungho with 546 str:
Can be better with durandal switch+gem

Double slash 6 hits total: 1824% (no cleave/zwer)
Moulinet level 10 5 hits: 800% (no cleave/crown/zwer)

Double slash easily wins vs moulinet, even with crown.

But of course like I said, what you want from HL3 is skull swing and vertical, not moulinet. Damage per level sucks that level 5 is enough

nice to know lvl 15 gungho give around 450~500 patk.

But i not only comparing double slash with moulinet , is about skill rotation.

Because with Sw1>hl3>b1>dop3>shinobi , i have extra cross cutter > skyliner > vertical slash than just waiting double slash to finish cd.

Still not saying which one is the best , i am also very confusing which are are more “optimal”

Yes, crosscut and skyliner are good fillers.
But I prefer using doppel skills during the extra time while having PB15 and Gungho15.

I used to be HL3>barb1 before the change but I’m much happier with SW3.

My opinion may change when we get higher defense monsters where we need skull swing.

Kunai is also spammable now making it a good filler, you’ll have enough skills in the end.

too bad skull swing only last for few second… i wish they buff / rebalance it back

Yeah it’s just there to unleash your monster burst like cleave>zwer>skull Swing>zorn>redel x2.

Or double slashes during bunshin

normally i save it for zour > redel .

what do you think the new punish ?
It’s so weak now, I used to 1 shot 300dg monster with 3k PATK. Now I barely scratch them.
I wonder if its still worth a point.

Still does due to how big its radius is.

It’s like cyclone, the better your weapon, the better it is compared to other skills.

Cyclone is supposed to be good, but it just takes too long to deal what you’re supposed to deal. If you can get yourself to deal 100k+ per hit with it, it’s definitely worth.

@redwea
tested centaurus again.
Base AoE atk ratio with 2HS: 5
Wearing: 3 Centaurus
Total AoE Atk ratio+cards: 11
Bunshin Level used: 1
Bunshin Skill used: Sturtz
Sturtzhau bonus aoe atk ratio: 3
Total with Sturtz, centaurus, base: 14
Monsters tested: 5 Black hohen mage (10 aoe def)
Bunshin attacked all 5 Hohens

Removing Centaurus means I only have 8 aoe atk ratio, should only hit 4.

However, I’m not sure if my real shinobi attacked one of the hohens, bunshins kept following fast.

Would be great if someone else tests this too, I have no other way of testing.

Double slash has wider radius and is harder to test

I think mid monster should be 1.5 aoe def. That probably messed up the calculation. Other test prolly mission if you can get both boss closer as 1 boss = 5 adr.

I think I know your ign. I’ll try to reach you tomorrow for testing.

Did they nerf Medium monster aoe def ratio? It used to be 2

Anyway, here’s some screens with 1 centaurus
Centaurus

Before Sturtz w/bunshin

After Sturtz w/bunshin

I equipped 3 centaurus now though.