Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Psychokino C3 - The Esper (discontinued)

i just love your tutorials!! keep going

So i just have a test with my plague doctor friend + dispeller scroll to see which skills can be resisted:
Resistible: psychic pressure, magnetic force stun attribute, telekinesis.
Irresistible: raise, swap, magnetic force hold effect (as described in 1st post), gravity pole.
Gravity pole debufff efffect (-30% def) can be resisted and it consume dispeller scroll but can’t runaway from it XD.

1 Like

Similar to what I concluded in the other thread, its a nice-to-have but not a must have.

And yes, you lose damage ticks when you get interrupted ^^. If you do not have Surespell, this is where your other class comes into play.

I usually get interrupted in PvE if I dont time my channels correctly or I didn’t aim right. For PvP, it’s really archers that am looking out for before setting up. In party play, Clerics can use Safety Zone so you don’t get interrupted :slight_smile:

Just wanted to add that Psycho 3 works pretty well with Necromancers. Necromancers need CC in order to land Flesh Cannon properly + Shoggoth/Skeletons to land their attacks.

I don’t have a Necromancer tho. Just figured it out after reading a lot of Necro threads. Someone may pop up and give proof about it.

V_v

Don’t mind the Haste lvl20.

This would just be my “superstition” (as I don’t have another word to better describe it) but here goes.

People have noticed that sometimes, spells don’t get interrupted when getting hit (they should, but they don’t). Does it have anything to do with the damage being small enough compared to your MHP? The highest I’ve been able to reproduce this is around 10% ish. Can anyone coroberate?

Question: does Cafrisun set + arde dagger not grant an extra attack to every PP tic?

I’m testing them right now but on every PP tic there’s only a single damage number coming out. Meanwhile each auto-attack does give me an extra 165 dmg attack.

Cafrisun Set gives u only a second AA with earth damage.
This second attack works with every property damage like Arde,Ledas Shield,Hair,Blessing…
Its not working with Skills.

I don’t know what is the best build to follow.
(1) cryo c3 > kino c3 or (2) wiz c3 > kino c3 > WL

• I like 5 vs 5 PvP
  • I don’t have time to level up with my friends, so I need a viable solo leveling build
  • I don’t want being useless at bossing and earth tower either

That’s what I think:
The first build has a lot more CC. So it is better for PvP but it has longer CD skills (which sucks).
The second build has a lot of DPS. I know it’s better for solo leveling but I don’t have idea about PvPing with this.

Can someone help me with that?

-> How the “cryo c3 > kino c3” build works for leveling (120+) and bossing?
-> How the “wiz c3 > kino c3 > WL” build works for 5vs5 PvP?

Thank you!

I can only comment on the cryo c3 kino c3 build, which is VERY strong in GvG, PvP and dungeons.

I’m currently 225 (finished all quests from all maps solo) with full CON, it was actually much easier than i thought it would be. For bosses don’t worry, they just melt with ice wall + pp.

2 Likes

The build for my main is Cyro 1 -> Psy 2 -> Sorc 2 -> Psy 3, making it primarily a psycho build.

I’m at rank 6, and very close to rank 7; so far, it’s been working out very well. Has proven very strong in solo pve, team pve, and in pvp (can’t test in arena atm of course). It is lacking a bit in the area of World Bossing though. In a small turn out for a world boss, it’s not bad at all due to good sustained damage, but it lacks a strong burst rotation which is needed for high turn outs since the boss won’t be alive long enough for sustained damage to be effective.

I’ll let you know if adding gravity pole to the rotation helps after I’m rank 7. My prediction is that it will help, but not so much that it will be as good as an actual high burst count class.

Your best burst in this setup is honestly the 20 hit temple shooter skill which does tap into your Temple Shooter’s auto attack count; this is annoying though if you use the hold command first as hold + ride skill = hangup until you issue hold again. Thus, if you want the best DPS for this setup, you need to not use hold which does put you at risk of being hit since you have to stick close enough so that shooter doesn’t move due to leash range. Hopefully, they’ll fix this issue in the future though as that would help a fair bit with DPS.

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect it. It’s an AI related bug and so far there were no improvements in this area :

Why wouldn’t I expect fixes in areas that have not yet been addressed? It makes more sense to expect it increasingly with time as it’s ongoingly reported as an issue and it’s the dev’s job to fix such bugs.

That’s because you believe that the devs will eventually do their job.
I chose to believe that if the devs wanted to or could do their job, they would have done it sooner.
May the goddess prove me wrong °°

It would already be fixed if they opened the AI to the players btw

Copy&Paste from another thread

Cryo 1 > Kino 3 > Cryo 2 here, I want to share some experience.

Sometimes during dungeon runs I have this feeling that I should have gone with Cryo 3 first when I see how easy to use and powerful Cryo’s CCs are. Without Surespell my Kino’s CCs get interrupted A LOT, they also can’t gather mobs as well as Cryo’s CCs. You can basically skip Linker if you have Cryo 3. I am also quite jealous of Wiz 3 Kino 3 who can build full Con and still do more damage than I can with QC, and without fear of their channeling being interrupted. And believe me later on you WILL get interrupted as Kino 3 no matter the positioning. You can compensate with a tank who can hold aggro or high level Linker/Cryo to round up some mob for you first, but if they can already manipulate groups of monsters that well they probably don’t need your CC or small damage that comes with it.

On the other hand, when I look back again there was no way Cryo 3 would be able to solo as good as Kino 3, and I leveled reasonably easily and made a lot of money solo-farming materials as Kino 3. And Freeze from Cryo tree is quite nice for panic CC, something that Wiz 3 Kino 3 do not have. And IW+PP combo is always fun, even though my combo is pitifully weaker than Cryo 3 Kino 1/2 RC build. And it pains me to be reminded that I get Cryo 2 only because I wanted more durable Ice Wall.

The dilemma I have right now is the 7th rank. I feel like if I want to go for Rune Caster now Cryo 3 Kino 2 would have been a better choice, more reliable CCs, more durable Ice Wall. Now I feel like I am left with only 1 choice; Cryo 3.

I don’t care for PvP or GvG whatsoever but it is where Cryo 3 Kino 3 shines(I realized this way too late). And from what I have gathered this build is only ‘good enough’ at the higher levels of PvE, where full support like Cryo 3 Chrono 3 have CC department covered. They also provide other ridiculously powerful utility where the only support option I bring to the party is CCs with mediocre damage.

So right now I have stopped leveling this toon until later choices become more clear. Maybe I can grab Rune Caster at rank 8 to complete the Cryo 3 Kino 3 RC build, or I can hope for a new class that can work optimally with my current choices.

In conclusion, I believe Cryo 2 Kino 3(my current build) is a death trap for PvE-focused players right now. It can work, but it is one of the least optimal builds for PvE. If you consider RC, get Cryo 3 first. Even if you don’t, Cryo 3 would leave you with more choices later. If you want to be a CCs monster in PvP you can go Kino 3. If you care more about PvE or both you can go with Cryo 3 Chrono 3 which you can definitely not go wrong with, but it will be a bit painful to level up. There are also Cryo 3 Sorc 2/3, Cryo 3 Linker 1 Necro 2 etc.

Disclaimer: I provide this information from my limited 180 hours of gameplay. Someone might find a way to make this work better than I can, or provide other information that I have missed.

Good luck grinding.

1 Like

this guide is discontinued

since I made the grave mistake to switch to the SEA server with my friends (even though i life in EU). I got so much lag, even though i only got a 0.3 ping that it’s almost unplayable for me.
I kinda don’t want to start anew on the EU server and playing alone is boring anyways, so i’m quitting TOS and ofc wont be comming to the forum really often.

ANYWAYS ! i hope this guide could help everyone that took the time to read it, It would be nice if someone could help answering the questions that are still open. Thank you and take care Saviors!

3 Likes

You gave us a good information. Thanks to share, @wicct.

I’m currently Cryo 1 > Kino 2 and I’d like to be cryo 1 > kino 3 > cryo 3 because I really enjoy PvP.

I currently have 80 con 224 int, but I am a psy 3 / cyro1 , I intend to take cyro 3 and focus on pvp , I must by all in con now? or is it too late ?

Teleport makes you drop aggro and Invuln for about a second, which helps a lot with setting your initial PP/GP cast.

whats is the point of kino without cyro?