Tree of Savior Forum

Cryo-kino pve question

Hi to all…for making a build around cryo and kino i need wizc2 for surespell?

Probably not, it depends what you want.

Wiz 3 > Kino 3 : Surespell and Quick cast make it easier to land your primary kino spells and help you do a lot of damage, if you go wizard go all the way.
Wiz 1 > Cryo 2 > Kino 3: More burst, more cc, harder to ensure your kino spells land. Better in pvp if you do not account for anti-cc (bloodletting etc).

Honestly if you are going cryo with kino i’d just go cryo 3 instead of grabbing surespell or warlock.

Cryo 1 > Kino 3 > Cryo 2 here, I want to share some experience.

Sometimes during dungeon runs I have this feeling that I should have gone with Cryo 3 first when I see how easy to use and powerful Cryo’s CCs are. Without Surespell my Kino’s CCs get interrupted A LOT, they also can’t gather mobs as well as Cryo’s CCs. You can basically skip Linker if you have Cryo 3. I am also quite jealous of Wiz 3 Kino 3 who can build full Con and still do more damage than I can with QC, and without fear of their channeling being interrupted. And believe me later on you WILL get interrupted as Kino 3 no matter the positioning. You can compensate with a tank who can hold aggro or high level Linker/Cryo to round up some mob for you first, but if they can already manipulate groups of monsters that well they probably don’t need your CC or small damage that comes with it.

On the other hand, when I look back again there was no way Cryo 3 would be able to solo as good as Kino 3, and I leveled reasonably easily and made a lot of money solo-farming materials as Kino 3. And Freeze from Cryo tree is quite nice for panic CC, something that Wiz 3 Kino 3 do not have. And IW+PP combo is always fun, even though my combo is pitifully weaker than Cryo 3 Kino 1/2 RC build. And it pains me to be reminded that I get Cryo 2 only because I wanted more durable Ice Wall.

The dilemma I have right now is the 7th rank. I feel like if I want to go for Rune Caster now Cryo 3 Kino 2 would have been a better choice, more reliable CCs, more durable Ice Wall. Now I feel like I am left with only 1 choice; Cryo 3.

I don’t care for PvP or GvG whatsoever but it is where Cryo 3 Kino 3 shines(I realized this way too late). And from what I have gathered this build is only ‘good enough’ at the higher levels of PvE, where full support like Cryo 3 Chrono 3 have CC department covered. They also provide other ridiculously powerful utility where the only support option I bring to the party is CCs with mediocre damage.

So right now I have stopped leveling this toon until later choices become more clear. Maybe I can grab Rune Caster at rank 8 to complete the Cryo 3 Kino 3 RC build, or I can hope for a new class that can work optimally with my current choices.

In conclusion, I believe Cryo 2 Kino 3(my current build) is a death trap for PvE-focused players right now. It can work, but it is one of the least optimal builds for PvE. If you consider RC, get Cryo 3 first. Even if you don’t, Cryo 3 would leave you with more choices later. If you want to be a CCs monster in PvP you can go Kino 3. If you care more about PvE or both you can go with Cryo 3 Chrono 3 which you can definitely not go wrong with, but it will be a bit painful to level up. There are also Cryo 3 Sorc 2/3, Cryo 3 Linker 1 Necro 2 etc.

Disclaimer: I provide this information from my limited 180 hours of gameplay. Someone might find a way to make this work better than I can, or provide other information that I have missed.

Good luck grinding.

1 Like