Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Psychokino C3 - The Esper (discontinued)

This is what am going to do with my main but I’ll be taking Warlock instead of Cryo 2.

Am looking at a support angle to my build but I think cryo 2 is too underwhelming and my CC from Psychokino 3 and freeze from Cryo 1. So I guess I’d be more versatile if I’ll include full on burst damage from Warlock.

Is the difference between Full Con and 1:1 Int/Con huge or am I still able to deal pretty good dmg with a full con wiz3/psycho3 build?

won’t you lack damage with cryo3 kino 3? I mean you got tremendous amount of cc but where does your damage come from? icewall + PP is 1min CD, PP and pole has heavy cool down too, won’t it be better to go cryo2 kino3 then warlock1? so you have a vast rotation of dps skills

@OtterTamer

Why is it you feel that chronomancer has no synergy with kino?

You get max. only 2 Circles in Chrono (with psy3) so you will miss out on Pass, which leaves you only with a medicore lv 5 haste (it’s fast! but it’s better if a chrono 3 casts lv 10).

All in all, there are better options than Chronomancer for a Psy 3

@Excenmille

Wiz 3 kino 2 so far and i feel really useless on bosses and missions. Will take kino c3 next. Which rank 7 is good for bossing?
Seeing party mates doing ice wall + pp combo to melt bosses is making me regret taking wiz c3…

Kino 3 is bad for bossing as stated in the Guide, but if you want a 1 Cricle wonder for more DPS take Warlock (But beware that Pole of Agony as a 2 Minute cooldown !)

Icewall + PP isn’t that great for Boss’n either (speaking from experience here) you have one strong burst and after that only your channel spells, so you can’t contest for Top Dps anyways.

@nuttapoj11

What about Wiz > Cry > Psy 3 > Rune ? Is it ok for PvE ?

if you want to do the burst Rune>Ice>PP combo i would strongly recommend you to take Wiz 3. Not only do you get 50% more damage with quickcast, it also let’s you cast the Runes faster kub~

But if you still want to play it for PVE, you might be a little disappointed since you will often get canceled out of the channeling since you don’t have surespell.

@tampon

If you’re getting Cry+Rune for the Icewall combo, then you might want to add another circle of Cryo because Lv5 Icewall breaks easily. If it’s not for icewall, then I don’t see the point of getting Rune with Kino

1 Circle Cryo is enough for The Icewall Combo, since you can get 3 More levels of it From Audra and a Hammingbird Gem, making it level 8. Maybe you would need a Second Circle later on, when Audras damage fall off, but we aren’t having that contend in the Game yet.

@Nerocian

Is the difference between Full Con and 1:1 Int/Con huge or am I still able to deal pretty good dmg with a full con wiz3/psycho3 build?

It’s not that much. i’m running a 500int 80 con Psycho right now, i don’t think that my damage would be much lower if i only had 250 int (and around 180 con, i guess?), which gives about 300-450 damage less on each PP/GP tick. Since i have a stat-potion from the pack- i think that i would respec to 1-1 con-int later on, or even go full con.

If we are talking PVP in a 1on1, you wont even need that damage since you can CC you opponent to death or just toy with your pray for minutes till your Mana runs out.
In Group PVP you just AOE-CC their team and let your mates do the rest.

In PVE, if you are taking Psy3 for pure-damage then you have gone the wrong path. Psycho is like the Balance between Cyro (CC) and Ele (DMG), making us not dishing out that much damage, for the Price of increadible CC wihle doing damage.

You can rotate PP & GP with almost no downtime (but your mana will run out hella fast). But yes, Warlock gives more damage than Cryo 3, but for the Cost of a good grouping-skill (ice-tree) and 5 extra levels in SubZeroShield (OP OP!!)

1 Like

The only way to be competitive using this combo is making:

• Full INT
  • Wiz3(+50% dmg)
  • RuneCaster(+300% icedmg)
  • Psy1+Cryo1(PP+IW combo)
  • 1Rank more(Cryo2 for more shards?)

cryo2 for more shards and freaking sub0shield.

I think PP5 can’t hit all the shards of a cryo2(IW10).

I have a question. IF for PvP content of the game, how much Telekinesis, Swap & Teleport is optimal. From this thread I have read that:

• max PP, GP, Raise, 1 MF are things staple for PvP. This leaves me with 19 skill pts. to distribute among the 3 skills.
  • minimum of: 3 Telekineses for the hold, 5 Swap for group displacement, 3 Teleport for those repositioning situations… leaving me with 8 skill pts for the same 3.

My thinking goes like:

• will putting more into Telekinesis be beneficial since it does root me into place yet have more time to ready spells with more skillups and at the same time be vulnerable in that state?
  • will putting more into Swap just be real beneficial in gvg too while sacrificing teleportation distance as well ad single cc lockdown?
  • will putting more Teleportation be great only in pve content, dodging & iframe while keeping the utility the other two skills be in the lower side of skill levels?

Planning on going wiz > cryo > kino c3 > sorc c2 or maybe a wiz3 > kino > sorc3

So, I’m mainly a cleric player, but I’m interested in wizard and psykino seems really cool. I just have a few questions.

How desirable are PKs in PvE content? I know they’re better in PvP, and no one’s gonna actively search out a PK for PvE ever. But will I still provide enough DPS + utility for PvE stuff? (It’s not a huge deal if I don’t, my main is a Paladin, but I tend to do more PvE than PvP)

Builds. I don’t really like the idea of starting classes later than they’re available. So, I was thinking about either going wiz > cryo > PK 3, or wiz 2 > PK 3. Which of those starts is better? What are good follow ups to that? Is a wiz 3 > PK 3 > war build just better? Because if so I’m willing to do it, it’s the build listed that I like the most, I’d just like to consider my options.

Stats. So, not sure if I’m misunderstanding, but PK seems to have a lot of high multi hit skills, right? So I would imagine they’d scale really well with INT. I get that they need enough CON to not die, but am I overestimating their INT scaling?

As far as I saw, for PVP it is more worth to go full CON.

If you wanna to do damage with Wizards with an INT focused build i recommend going with things that scales with your matk more than just a simple flat addition, like the Wiz3 +50% dmg, RuceCaster +300% Ice dmg, Elementalist’s Meteor(400% matk).

It was stated by other high level players that the dmg isnt scaling well with INT for psys.

PKs are great with controlling mobs lured in by a tank. Yes, they won’t blow all the mobs in a single spell, but it quickly sets up for your team’s DPS to take them out without taking damage. And if things didn’t go well, you always have Raise.

For bossing however, you are quite situational and benefit from bosses that don’t move too much.

To all they Psychokinos out there: How important (or unimportant) is Surespell to your DPS?

If you took Wiz 2, how often do you get extra ticks of PP / Gravity Pole due to not be interupted from damage?

If you didn’t take Wiz 2, how often are you finding yourself losing ticks due to errant mobs / players smacking you in the face while you are channeling?

i just love your tutorials!! keep going

So i just have a test with my plague doctor friend + dispeller scroll to see which skills can be resisted:
Resistible: psychic pressure, magnetic force stun attribute, telekinesis.
Irresistible: raise, swap, magnetic force hold effect (as described in 1st post), gravity pole.
Gravity pole debufff efffect (-30% def) can be resisted and it consume dispeller scroll but can’t runaway from it XD.

1 Like

Similar to what I concluded in the other thread, its a nice-to-have but not a must have.

And yes, you lose damage ticks when you get interrupted ^^. If you do not have Surespell, this is where your other class comes into play.

I usually get interrupted in PvE if I dont time my channels correctly or I didn’t aim right. For PvP, it’s really archers that am looking out for before setting up. In party play, Clerics can use Safety Zone so you don’t get interrupted :slight_smile:

Just wanted to add that Psycho 3 works pretty well with Necromancers. Necromancers need CC in order to land Flesh Cannon properly + Shoggoth/Skeletons to land their attacks.

I don’t have a Necromancer tho. Just figured it out after reading a lot of Necro threads. Someone may pop up and give proof about it.

V_v

Don’t mind the Haste lvl20.

This would just be my “superstition” (as I don’t have another word to better describe it) but here goes.

People have noticed that sometimes, spells don’t get interrupted when getting hit (they should, but they don’t). Does it have anything to do with the damage being small enough compared to your MHP? The highest I’ve been able to reproduce this is around 10% ish. Can anyone coroberate?

Question: does Cafrisun set + arde dagger not grant an extra attack to every PP tic?

I’m testing them right now but on every PP tic there’s only a single damage number coming out. Meanwhile each auto-attack does give me an extra 165 dmg attack.

Cafrisun Set gives u only a second AA with earth damage.
This second attack works with every property damage like Arde,Ledas Shield,Hair,Blessing…
Its not working with Skills.