Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide]Necromancer: dissected

Necromancer is a class which collects the dead bodies of the monsters.
The dead bodies will be stored in Necronomicon and they will be used for various skills of necromancy. It can form a protective shell or attack monsters using the dead bodies. Among different boss monster cards, beast-type boss cards can be inserted on Necronomicon and this card will influence stats of Shoggoth when it gets summoned.

##Flesh Cannon
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

• :+1:
    DMG
    Debuff (decay)
    Cooldown - 20sec
    Range - 1 screen

• :-1:
    Hard to Hit
    Hitbox

• :point_right: You do not have to wait to finish casting to launch
    This ability applies decay more than once on the same target, in addition to ignoring any resistance effect to stats ailment

##Flesh Hoop
:star: :star: :star:
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

DMG
    Debuff (Attack Weakened)
    Debuff duration - 20 sec
    Instant Cast
    Easy to hit

Range (melee)
    Number of hits (Each hit is eaten by each nearby enemy)
    You need to step back and go back to the target to stack the debuff.

• :point_right: With 10 stacks the enemy loses 50% of their total attack power for 20 seconds.
    Each hit renews this time.

##Flesh Strike

:star:

Casting animation (It’s fun to watch)

DMG - flesh cannon does more damage for the same amount of corpse
    Long cast time - 5 sec
    High corpse cost - 100 corpse each
    small hitbox - 1/8 of elememe meteor
    Enhance expensive after of 50%
    You blow up your shoggoth (If you can hit him :trollface:)
    cooldown - 54 sec

under construction

(max 900 corpse)
(Working in PvE, reducing the maximum HP by % (50 + skill level * 2) )

- (does not work on PvP) -reduces the maximum HP by 10%

1 DMG on rank8 but, it protects you from the inquisitor’s traps, even if you conjure after the traps

[Skills and Attributes that work on past rank]

##[Obsolete skills in rank 8]

(IMC bonus: lose your card in map 4 :star:)

##[ShitSkillsAttributes or Buggy as hell]
â– â– â– â– :

(100 corspe is a joke)

(R.I.P shoggoth)
(does not work with your skeletons soldier)

buggy:

(does not work/does nothing) - not working visually
(does not increase attack)
(does not fill HP)

12 Likes

TL,DR : only FC is viable past 300 content, my skeletons warriors deals 2k or less damage per hit on an 500k 600k hp mobs, my archers sometimes deal 800 damage to mobs, I only use them If i need distraction, other than that never.

I forgot to warn that the damage area is currently less than the gif below
https://treeofsavior.com/img2/news/developersblog/20160715/pic2.gif

comes to be the same size as the FC (now) --edit-- @Raspy “you have to sacrifice your shogg to get that radius”

This is a big lie ^^^^^^^^^^^^

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s worth going Necro c2 or not for my rank 8, current build is Wiz c3, Linker c1, Sorc c2, Necro c1.

Hm… I would normally say go enchanter… I don’t know if they can make flesh cannon scrolls though.

There is sage… It would let you solo zones other players would say no way to. And give you some party utility. But the duplicate skill doesn’t work with the bats correctly right now. Duplicates weren’t exploding and would just despawn when the bat they were duplicated from exploded.

Such a tough decision, I really wanted to go Necro c2 but if the skeletons aren’t going to deal much damage and be really brittle I’m not sure if I really want to rank up for that. Sage looks alright and has decent damage though Enchanter can make me that much needed silver for all those refining and attribute costs. Might lean into sage since there are things to help keep you alive longer and I’m actually starting to have some trouble solo’ing things now, forced to keep Temple Shooter out and moving him ahead so I don’t get mobbed to death.

I did just test that… you have to sacrifice your shogg to get that radius. I might put up a vid after work. Application still only seems useful for PvP after corruption is fixed… Think it’s really just novelty. Doesn’t have much practical use outside of a big pack of linked mobs with high mdef that you could probably just shred with a card buffed QC flesh cannon anyway. Though it’s poison so you do get poison attrib from JP…

Feels like the elementalist meteor… Novelty…

I had not noticed it (perhaps shoggoth is never close)
one more reason to avoid this ability …

Yeah I don’t know… Not practical for PvE… I guess PvP you can just sleep a few guys… Then link them together and one shot them… Assuming your flesh cannon is down? That’s only practical use of it I can think of.

whats the cast time of it? I haven’t put skill pts in it yet, was waiting for others to try it out, how is the damage? maybe imc would give us an item to increase summon damage nxt time lol, corpse tower, skeleton warrios and archers are basically useless for damage in 280+ content. That’s half of necros kit already

the enhance archer attrib doesnt work? :cry:

It does not work for now. But (800+int) damage even with 80% attribute is still too low.

jus t tried it on a friend from lvl 0 attribute with 750 int they were doing around 1.4k with lvl 31 i saw around 1.7k

I got a question fellow Necromancers, does having all four cards equipped in the necronomicon do anything? I can take and put them in but the stats remain the same unless I change the 1st card.

it seems that only works in ktos

No, not that I know of. If I remember, I wasn’t able to summon Shoggoth until I put in a second non-demon card

Hmm I see, I wonder if they’ll ever fix it to where it does work. In any case, I suppose I can sacrifice the other more useless cards for exp.

@aforsakenbird It’s always worked as long as I had a card is slot 1, well for me anyways.

Just test with a friend the attribute “Enhanced Corruption”. And I realized that it is already working, but its effect is not what we expected.

First I removed my staff and almost all other equipment. I hit him using the basic attack, which hit 351 damage.

then caused decay with shards of dirty pole, and attacked one more time. This time hit 441.

he just had a little DEFM in equipment (coming of the Rings), so the difference can be much higher than this if test against a character with full DEFM

The same can be seen when attacked with the dagger.

After that, we tested with the skill flesh cannon, and had no effect. with or without decay caused 2982 damage per hit.

So it seems this attribute is effective only in basic attacks.

~I am using the help of google translator, so I apologize for any errors~

but it does not make sense, since the description in the post about the wizard rank8, they said would help the summons (not anything like reporting no increase in their damage)

“The effect of the original Necromancer Decay debuff was limited to weakening the enemy to arrow attacks, but in Circle 3 it becomes a lot more powerful, momentarily neutralizing the effects of all the items equipped by the opponent.”

“▲ The new debuff is expected to open up more diverse strategies for Necromancers, like enhancing the power of summons, or using Shoggoth/Dirty Pole to widen the area affected by Decay.”

source: https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=518&vp=2&c=31

##momentarily neutralizing the effects of all the items equipped by the opponent.

@Pazzolino0 Thank you for testing

1 Like

I’m expecting this too. based on its description. like additional HP from plate armors would be gone, +int +con of equips will be gone and so on.

maybe a little bit reaching but maybe null character equip cards also for a moment. lol