Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Musketeer Indept Thread

Hi all
I have a1r3rogue1scout1 and i think use reset int a2r2rogue1scout1, coz r3 now give only 5% SA bonus, spiral and small barrage dmg.
What u think about it? For hight dex muskteer a2r2 or a1r3?
and what about Havy Shot (a2)?

a2r2 is better than a1r3. i rarely use heavyshot in pve. btw, why rogue if you go high dex?

ty
im not sure about rogue. anyway i didnt get top items so +70% buff is cool. And feint+barrage combo. + capture even after fix. If not rogue then who? r3?

if you pick musketeer, the weapon swap lag will discourage you to use feint+barrage. It is better to use rifle only.

i hope they fix it :wink: Anyway no other choice.

Hi, i’m new and i’d like to have some advices about this two builds.

QS Variant Musketeer

A2/QS3/Scout1/Musk2 -> So i just have to spam buff and autoattack between the cd of Musk skills? You need to weapon swap every times you want to use QS skills?

Rouge Rainbow Variant Musketeer

A2/R1/Scout1/Rouge1/Falconer1/Musketeer

This build seems more fun, but really weak. Can you really solo farm/pex with it? I really wanna try this one but i feel like it will lack some damage.

Can you help me to decide between this two builds? Thanks

is better because has more combo in it, but because of weapon swap lag, any musketeer build must be prepared to use rifle only and abandon their Rank1-6’s offensive skill

My question is , wich is better, volley fire lvl 5 and a lvl 5 headshot 1 cast, or headshot lvl 10 with double cast ?

HS 10 without any doubt. VF is fake multihit

Damage cap is 199’999.
So if your headshot single cast damage is more than 199’999, use double cast headshot.

For example:
-headshot 250k damage (cannot happen) => reduced to 199k

Now use double cast:
-headshot 125k
-headshot 125k
=> 250k damage. You get more damage than 199k capped headshot.

Quick calculation:
Everything is done without a calculator. If there are any errors, I apologise.

Headshot level 10: 300% + 6110 (level 5: 3953)
Volley Fire level 5: 5437 (+ 100%, since it still uses base attack)
Let your average physical attack be x.
I will assume no damage cap.

For level 5 Volley fire + level 5 Headshot to surpass level 10 Headshot:

(x + 5437) + (3x + 3953) > (3x + 6110)
4x + 9390 > 3x + 6110
x > 6110 - 9390 (which is always true, since x doesn’t go below 0).

Which means, headshot lv5 + volley fire lv5 will always win headshot lv 10.
In fact, with enough PA (lv5 headshot dealing 199k each reload), you have an extra damage skill as a bonus.

Now comparing Snipe:
Snipe level 10: 400% + 9503 (level 5: 5997)

For level 5 Volley Fire + level 5 Snipe to surpass level 10 Snipe:
(x + 5437) + (4x + 5997) > (4x + 9503)
5x + 11434 > 4x + 9503
x > 9503 - 11434 (again, always true, since x doesn’t go below 0)

Which is to say, taking level 5 Volley Fire will still out perform just taking either Snipe or Headshot, assuming you can fit the skill in your rotation.

Of course, I’m assuming your volley fire doesn’t go above 200k.
If it does, more things need to be considered I guess, however I’m too lazy to consider that scenario.

Edit: Doesn’t matter if Volley Fire hit damage cap. If it does, both your Snipe and Headshot will be hitting damage cap, which means having 1 extra skill will always deal more damage.

Edit 2: For completion’s sake, will do one more for Covering Fire.

Edit 3: Wrong tier multiplier used. Refer unicorn’s post below.

On a side note, Birdfall’s base attack power is almost double that of Volley Fire, thus it should also be relevant, since both are considered single hit.

There should be an optimal point distribution among these skills to maximise everything.

Sadly the fact is covering fire will never be out-damaged. In this case

As compared to any one of the skills combination until you can hit that amount of PA on scenario 1 VS scenario 2.
By how much PA do i mean in this scenario. At least when you have emegard 550 with glass mole x8

Level 10 covering fire will do way more than volley + covering fire 5 all together.

Especially when your PA goes higher. With glass mole + butt stroke.

The gap gets heck bigger.

Until you can cap out covering fire with 12k PA. Then the extra skill will be relevant. Adding volley fire to the rotation then will increase your DPS.

Else kinda impossible. lel. Not in R9.

Also skill calcuation are wrong. the 1.5x + is actually behind not infront.

SKill mods goes like this.

(X (you pa) + Skill damage * SKILL mod) * 11

in this case Covering fire = ((X + 1404) * 1.5) * 11 = (16.5 x + 23166)

( X+5437)+ (((X+ 863 ) 1.5) 11) = (X + 5437) + (16.5x + 14239)

So covering fire 10 = 16.5x + 23166
Covering fire 5 + Volley 5 = 17.5x + 19676

so the difference you can see = -1.5x + ( 3490)

1.5x must be 2326 PA ahead.

10 CF , 10 HS , 7 Snipe 1 buttstroke 1 pen , 1 volley.

HS reload should deal 400k . Especially when you hit near cap 350% emengard. You will need 8x GM to max it with 100 attributes.

If it is any lower still HS because no one is stupid enough to dump 300m on volley fire to deal the same damage HS can only dumping 1/4 of the price of it.

HS 5 vs HS 10 is a big difference. Unless you are able to successfully dump 100 attr to both HS 5 + volley fire.

HS 10 will win it with just 80m on 1 bank 400k verus (400m to deal as much or higher a little.)

Bird fall is only relevant against aerial units.

Else it is trash. literally as garbage as bayonet thrust.

Forgot about Covering fire having different tier multiplier.

I take it Volley Fire is fake multi hit. It’s only better because it has enhance attribute, while birdfall doesn’t. Else birdfall trumps it as long as it stays fake multi hit.

All I’m saying with my post is in reply to tom’s case of lv5 Headshot + lv5 Volley Fire vs lv10 Headshot, which will always be better no matter your PA, as long as both attributes are the same.

Yes volley fire is a fake multihit i had it at attr 50, it does about only 70k with 2k PA. The only issue is birdfall doesn’t have attr and is also a fake multihit iirc.

It’s extremely disappointing.

No worries i just pointing out the investment and if two musketeer meets. Who will be the winner on those skill allocations. And equal PA.

Which you already did highlighted. i thank you for that.

As of now volley fire is literally worth 1 point due to fillin. Nothing better to add. Snipe caps at level 7. Pen shot can be the next contender though. Hits up to 4 true multi hit. On bossing.

Birdfall does one single hit and comes with 2 Overheat. If you don’t have any Autoattack skills (e.g. Hunter) it does more than your normal attack even on ground targets. The Casttime is also very short.

Birdfall can be very useful in PVP against Levitation and Hanging Shot but both are used rarely. It’s obviously not worth more than 1 point.

I had Volley Fire maxed out pre-reset for PVP. There is a difference between 1 and 5 (maybe
 20k, max 40k difference in PVE, far less in PVP). However those 4 points are better spend in Snipe, Headshot or Covering Fire.

• Monster Cards: Players will no longer be able to stack the effects of the Golem Card, Glass Mole Card, Chapparition Card and Manticen Card.
    They didnt fix this?

By stacking they mean getting over +80% by using pots with different CDs so you can use one after the other and stack the effects

1 Like

Pretty much
 Birdfall have no place in pve unless. There will be more aerial mobs on R9.

volley fire 1 and 5 difference is 3.4k PA

Just raw itself will translate to a 10k damage ± actually. At max attr.

Unless it turns into a real multihit then we can consider to drop some points from head shot next time for volley.

Atm due to the fact birdfall doesn’t have attri, it will be out damage by volley. so lulz.

You can take bird fall at 1 for snipe at 6 as well if you want to max snipe attr.

So you will have a huge rotation.