Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Musketeer Indept Thread

sapper3/ scouts3 works. esp with a falconer r6,

Just depends on what is your objective , or focus on this character.unless you are aiming for AOE master SR.

Pretty much this is musket in a nutshell

No musket thread without the popular double headshot snipe shot vid.
100% HP to 0% :smirk:

My focus was always a bit more on pvp however especially with MissileHole and all sorts of other broken sh!t I kept away from it, no GVG since I play solo mostly.
The QS3 based build is ā€œokā€ for PVEā€¦ sure itā€™s single target but I could work with it so far (no ET beyond 5 and Dun315 might also not be possible).
The KneelingShot/RunningShot setup sadly doesnā€™t work that well against later bosses duo high magical damage attacks - Not to Mention I mostly use Musketeer skills anway.
Obv. Cloaking/Pavise made my solo-player live A LOT easier.

Sapper3 and Scout has the problem with Traps revealing me when someone steps into them (I assume the physical damage can be blocked/evade but this wouldnt break cloak at least)

yea if your focus in PVP then all this is an issue

QS build are fine with 315 and ET (1-10).

donā€™t worry traveling far . IMO only 10 > 20 you will face issue without linker or falconer.

Sapper 3 has itā€™s problem but excel in PVE. Same goes to scout(scout3).
Generally scout 3 is a ultra farmer build but still works with musk for single target burst + scout split arrow for aoe.

More normally sapper and rouge pair together for capture ( though itā€™s nerf).

First of all, thank you for taking the time to create this guide.

After playing around with SR for awhile, I would like to try an infantry marksman and musketeer is the closest thing to it.
I have a A2-R1-Scout3 and almost reach rank 7 advancement.
I also have A2-QS3-Falconer1 that almost reach rank 7 advancement.
I have no idea about musketeerā€™s playstyle.
Out of those two, which one is more effective in PVE? It seems like Scout3-Musketeer2 is not that common and Iā€™m afraid that I will lose my combat effectiveness.

When I play my scout, I havenā€™t found a quick way to fight high HP enemies. My QS on the other hand able to handle it easily thanks to running shot. My expectation when I choose Musketeer on my scout, it will make fighting that kind of enemies easier.

My QS havenā€™t found another way to fight several enemies beside using caltrop, and circling+multishot. I havenā€™t see circling+volley fire yet but in theory I think it will greatly increase my AoE capabilities. Scout 3 can handle multiple enemies quite good with split arrow but if the enemies hp is more than 25k, itā€™s kinda difficult.

volley fire sucks. if you want a honest answer.
Itā€™s more of circling + covering fire or circling + snipe for the aoe.

Scout 3 is fine for musketeer it cover scout lack of single target burst.

Only issue is itā€™s double weapon and swapping at times might have a slight irritating delay. It also means you need invest in both 2h bow + musket.

Your only form of aoe is split arrow. This have 0 cd.

Circling have 35 second CD. itā€™s a burst and run kind.

As for QS3 there is a few showcase of me up there on bosisng. Mobbing is absolutely horrible without falcon.

Hey guys. I need some advice. My current build is a2>qs3>falc1>musk2. I want to resetā€¦ this build a2>sapper2>wugu2>musketer2 is good ? Or sapper3 is better ? Or maybe wugu3 ?

I dont know if you ever played wugu or sapper before i reccomand you try them out before even thinking of resetting.

Because good here is extremely subjective especially when you have zero experince in that class. The playstyle differs extremely from each other.

Hmm, it looks like QS3-Falconer variant will be more optimal because it can control mob with pavise-circling-covering fire.
I havenā€™t gone past Inner district yet, but some enemies on those maps already has more than 30k hp. I imagine later on enemies hp will be much more higher which will makes circling+covering fire very useful.
Iā€™ll just make the scout into mergen instead and make my QS3-Falconer to be a musketeer.

Technically correct. Pavise is actually extremely useful. Even now at 290 rush. Block shiet tons of range (esp in TSC)

It can instantly tear down the orb. @_@ā€¦

The good thing on QS3 for musket later is , running shot investment is no longer a ā€œrequirementā€

You can just opt to use musket and over boost it. While swapping with a DGC/GC just for running shot buff extension time

Do note that the +2 to all QS skill will not work as intended like most buff (running shot buff does not snap shot). So using a level running shot buff while swapping later, the damage will drop back to level 5 but with the duration of level 7.

That musket rider, soloing new dungeon 170

Hey there, sorry to jump in and suddenly ask advice but I was wondering if I could get some feedback from knowledgable musketeers.

So far I am aiming for something silly: A1-QS3-Hunter2-Musket2. A bit random, not exactly good at PvE but the main idea here was more focused of PvP.
While I know that Plague doctors can pretty much cancel Stuns, the main concept was to build a Disabler-DPS. With the spammable Stone Shot giving 5s stuns, coursing/retrieve from hunter and the numerous stun attributes of the Musketeer, I believe it could hold itā€™s ground.
After reading the thread, Iā€™ve come to realise a few worrisome things. While the Hunter skills can be used with pretty much any weapon, most of QS skills require at least a crossbow and everybody so far aggreed that the weapon auto-switching is terrible. Is this going to handicap me severely considering the spammable skill or is it mainly just a nuisance that slightly annoying?

At the same time, I was curious about the stun chances of the musketeer skills. Do people use them? Do they feel somewhat common or more a once in a blue moon kind of thing?

Thanks for reading the small wall of text.

qs skill will handicap you severely. when i use bow and snipe skill, it needs 1 second freeze screen to change to rifle, after i use snipe, it needs another 1 second to revert back to bow. you can reduce the swap lag by inserting your rifle and bow to your hotkey/skill shortcut.

If you experience weapon swap lag I highly recommend to get rid of all unnecessary items in your inventory. When I had heavy weapon swap lag I pretty much sold most Stuff or moved it to the Storage (I had to extend it). The Lag got better afterwards. You should ā€¦ however check if they items are part of a collection or rare (Addons can help here - I used to play vanilla, I canā€™t recommend it).

Iā€™ve currently both Headshot and Snipe stun attribute max level active but they arenā€™t really reliable. The Headshot knockback is nice though.
If you want to Lockdown someone use Stone Shot or your Pet.

With that kind of build you also need high survivability since you wont have Scout cloaking. Not to mention if you go 50-100 Con + all Dex youā€™ll get pretty much blocked all day by Wizards and Clerics if not some buff screws you anyway.

Also, youā€™re giving up A2 and thus the Swift Step: Critical Rate Attribute. Iā€™ve seen some players claiming an Archer always should have it.

Stuns are somewhat worthless the moment you have more than 2k Pattack.
Itā€™s more towards to stall out austrine.

As for headshot/Snipe stun i quite frequent see it about 30% ( i have both upgraded)

Headshot/snipe normally 1 shot any one unless they have 5k pdef or more than 60k HP. (or a combination of both)

Head shot does have a displacement knockback

The only issue are blocks/invul in terms of PVP. Also missile hole.

Headshot/snipe will effectively kill any one in PVP without invul/shield.

Since you are a all PVP build so itā€™s ok.
Yes Swapping a pain that includes in PVP but bearable since you are not focus on dealing damage during Time limit or Race down DPS war.

So in terms of PVP it is still ok and bearable, just hold snipe or head shot delay it longer before canceling it off.
Clearing of inventory/anything doesnā€™t help solve the weapon swap delay. This is a skill weapon check issue. With the game engine design meh.

Only way to bypass the lag is manual swap

There no point in A2 if you are not a PVE Toon any way.

Remember Archers can only choose 1 side. Most of the time.

I didnā€™t mean the ā€œNot required Weapon Equippedā€ bug. I was revering to the rendering related lag. Howeverā€¦ not sure since Iā€™m relative close to the EU server anyway so my problems havenā€™t been that big lately.

Build relatedā€¦ Since I considered rerolling
With the love for Hunters at the upcoming patch Iā€™ll probably reroll from A2>QS3>Scout>Musk2 into A2>Hunter3>Scout>Musk2 with Growling lv1 or 3 max for PvE.
For Boss monsters I mostly use Musketeer skills anyway with running shot for killing the time between CDsā€¦ PVE is Pavise and Full Draw with Snipeā€¦ Running/Kneeling Shot combo is nice for Worldbosses but otherwise.
My biggest Problem currently is that my Penguin is only Lvl 163 which might be an Issue.

As alternative I considered A2>Hunter2>Scout>Rogue/Falconer>Musk2.
However the Falcon would only reveal me and cost another Slotā€¦ and I donā€™t like Rogueā€¦ Fletcher C1 seems to be underwhelming.

Ignoring the fact that Scout3 is the best silver farming class. Do you have any tips on how to optimise an A2-QS3-Musketeer class to make money?

add in falconer for 290 solo rush

May I ask what is the optimal stats build for a1-ranger3-rogue1-scout1-musk2? Is rainbow musk better than this build?

go full dex because you dont have a2.
30 con is minimal
rogue is not very compatible with musketeer