Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Musketeer Indept Thread

I don’t know if some are Archer 3 Quarrelshooter3 Musketeer 3 but there seems to be a random bug.
When a thaumaturge 3 joins the party, the damage can be reduced a lot or you can’t do damage at all if you don’t remove one of the swells.
Also when I’m in raid with thaumaturge 3, despite sniper serenity, the auto attack critical damage range is from 22 000- 70 000.
I don’t know if it’s only me but there is some serious game breaking bugs related to sniper serenity on top of thauma 3 random bugs in this specific build.

2 Likes

I have pass by this yesterday, my auto ataque cannot do any damage, just my skills…

Yes there are alot of bugs when it comes to using sniper serenity , at times it doesn’t fully charge which casues u to lose the 50% critical dmg buff , theres times whereby u will encounter damage bugs & 30 secs freeze bugs as well .

Mind telling me your gear build for that character? Like armor stat and weapon enhance and trans and gem, etc.
Thanks in advance.

When you are glass cannon you literally can die in one hit in some situations.
I didn’t get all the status points from quests yet but I’m full dex, so I can survive I use Ausura chest / leggings / boots.

Because of the serious current issues of the class in my case I hesitate to invest into it, I’m not using gems until I reach 0 potential of good weapons. I already have 2 ancient golden sockets from raid, I need the update to use team storageable transcended gear. For the armor part I’m planning to use blut x3 and trans 10 plate armor chest / legging / boots in the future.
It’s not hard to get 600+ dex and using monstrance scrolls but I can do “fine” and still survive.

2 Likes

Uh huh, i see, so you use plate armor instead of trying to stick with leather. What gem you plan to use on the weapon?

Thank you for your time, that grants some insight.

For this build, you get almost 200 critical rate from archer 3 and 200 more from kneeling shot attribute, and since sniper serenity is the strongest buff, it’s the only class where red gems is good.
Red gems for weapons isn’t interesting unless you don’t intend to transcend a weapon and are a musketeer.
I just had a challenge with a thauma3, I did 0 to 50 damage for like 4 minutes, I thought I had no weapon, I removed weapon, I equipped it again, I removed all buffs and damage was still between 0 to 50, then I had to go town and come back and we could not do challenge 6 because of me.
Sniper serenity worked only 1 time properly for the entire duration of challenge, for now I’ll just stop playing musketeer until they fix the interaction with thauma and sniper serenity.

2 Likes

This has happened to me on my Musketeer multiple times as well . Relogging should solve the issue , but of course … in most circumstances we won’t be able to do that . Example of this was when we were hunting Rexipher , Dmg got bugged half way through the boss & relogging would mean i lose First Hit Buff . Serenity is a great buff , but it’s also the most buggiest one right now sadly …

1 Like

At least we can be thankful we won’t die by reflect damage when it happens xD
Since a moment there are random bugs in challenge, you cannot always come back:
Relog not always working / Dying and coming back / warp scroll/
Only when you use town portal scroll it seems to allow you to get back in challenge most of times.
I wonder if ktos have everything fixed already :o

Which Musketeer skills should I max for pvp? Snipe lvl 10, and what else?

Grooving muzzle seems like an obvious choice for the Armor Ignore. Not sure if you would want to max it though. Headshot also seems like a good choice.

Does Grooving Muzzle work with skills? I tought it worked only with basic attacks.

The extra Critical line only works for Auto Attacks , however the 15% def ignore works on all skills , Maxing it depends on what build u are playing , typically musketeers are the definition of “One Shot” you can Kill clerics & tanks in one hit even if they have revive . Serenity already gives u 50% armor Ignore & Block ignore , so keeping grooving at lvl1 and timing it well with snipe is all u need honestly , Unless you’re a auto attack build then maxing Grooving would be good .

Wait whaaa why does it ends here ;–; Was holping to find stuff with the new class changes. I know next to nothing about archers now but got interested again on playing musk. So today, with ranger changes for example, does anyone thinks something changed?

The ranger changes would impact musk builds slightly if you decided to roll ranger. Critical shot is excellent, spiral arrow is still good, but remember one thing: If you switch to a 2h bow to use any ranger skills, sniper’s serenity falls off. This means that if you want to incorporate ranger (or wugushi, which is also a popular choice), you need to be cautious about your rotation in either scenario so that you don’t have armor break fall off the target.

edit: Removed ranger from the latter part, swapping to bow makes the armor break fall off completely.

1 Like

Well we could hope they become usable with rifle (like with oblique shot). They are basically the same.

With the new Ranger rework, has anyone tried to use Ranger’s Critical Shot critical damage bonus with Musketeer skills? I imagine the +50% critical damage bonus is a huge boon for Musketeers, but you seem to need to swap to a bow to cast the skill and considering a) Sniper’s Serenity gets canceled upon swapping weapons and b) the +50% crit damage buff only lasts ~10s or so before needing to reuse the skill, is it worth it to go at least ranger1 in a musketeer build?

crit shot needs the same treatment IMC gave oblique shot (usable with rifle).

Auto swap to xbow or 2h bow still cancelled SS?

Yeah, anytime you swap off musket your SS will be canceled.