Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Musketeer Indept Thread

I totally agree about being melee. I also rely on feint + barrage combo so I stay melee most of the time.
But in my opinion, other single target archer (rogue, fletcher, hacka) are melee-oriented as well.
Wugushi takes up to rank 6 so it needs higher rank to fulfill.
Fletcher do best dps in melee range due to magic arrow aiming. If player plays ranged, he will waste time aiming (that is every 5 sec).

For identity issue, I think its concept is strong enough. Vary actions such as shooting ( snipe = single strong hit, covering fire = multiple hits ) , use gun itself for melee attack( butt stroke use gunstock, bayonet thrust use gun bayonet).They may feel all over the place but I like variety of them.

For skill functioning, covering fire is semi AOE so it is reasonable to have manual targeting (blue circle).
While snipe is semi auto target (I use keyboard mode) with unique crosshair.

Volley fire is nothing special, just shooting sets of bullet.
Birdfall damage is terrible compared to bow even before factor bow additional damage into. I tested it during reset so Iā€™m not sure if it can afflict [falling] status like cannoneerā€™s shootdown (immobilize non-boss flying mobs). If it can, maybe that is its only benefit.

Personally, I like the ground targeting of [covering fire] and [snipe]. [snipe] in particular feels really good on mouse. It feels the same when I used to practice with my own gas powered rifle. To the point that I want the darkening effect of [snipe] on [covering fire] and [headshot]. These 3 skills in particular already define a pretty solid musketeer (ranged ground target dps).

The other skills just have their own thing going for them. The way I see it, skills like [penetration shot], [butt stroke], and [bayonet thrust] are there to punish anyone going in the musketeerā€™s face. The punish part makes it awkward to use because itā€™s damage and/or a debuff. If it were instead a defensive thing it makes sense. A better knock back on [penetration shot], a snare on [bayonet thrust], and a short movement buff on [butt stroke] work in a kit for ā€œranged ground target dpsā€.

Now [volley fire] and [bird fall] are just ā€œfillerā€. A reloading skill to return 1 OH to all skills woulda been a better c2 skill. How about a buff to add OH charges to all skills? Head shot: reload shows IMC can add OH to skills.

Summoning @STAFF_Yuri in case IMC decides to revamp musketeer.

I agree that other skills than covering, headshot, snipe need rework so that they become viable. Adding utility for penetration shot, butt stroke, bayonet and adding damage to volley fire and birdfall are generic way to improve these skills. But I donā€™t worry about that much because skill point is already tight.

Wugu musket on ktos vs new worldboss zaura
issue is low HP vs big boss AoE

Well to be fair the OHKO killed even the Murmillo that had 58k of HP.

I tried that build on reset and it made sense since the skills were tagged ā€œallā€ instead of specifying bow or xbow. I did a3-wug3-musk2 and could not use any a3 skills :sob:. That said hunt3 also did well because of itā€™s ā€œallā€ tag too.

What would you suggest to r2-3 given how most skill at those ranks are specifically bow?

Arch2 to get swift step buff and crit attribute.
Options at c3 are Ranger (steady aim buff) or hunter (snatching attribute is great support vs flying bosses). However hunter requires 1 character slot and you will have to deal with pet AI.
Last option is arch3 longer swift step buff.

The musket on vid is arch2 ranger1 wugu3 musket2.

In archer tree hunter, wugu, sapper do not have weapon restrictions.

1 Like

After clearing 140 a bit with an app, I feel like [blindside] is worth the rank even on a non offhand user like a musketeer. Maybe a2-hu3-app-musk2 to minimize skills I canā€™t use, maybe.

A2 HU1 WU3 VS A2 SA2 WU2
which one cheap on attribute ?
can show me more hunter musketeer video?

I just wish the additional damage attribute were on Volley Fire instead of Butt Stroke, so I dont need to be in melee range every 10 seconds, and getting knocked back for 2-3s, because evasion is pretty much nonexistence.

1 Like

What would the ideal skill point distribution atm? I feel like I messed up lol

10 Covering fire, 10 headshot, 8 snipe. 1 into buttstroke, and 1 left point you can choose between volleyfire, birdfall or penetration shot for filler. Personally i prefer volleyfire

1 Like

10 covering fire, 1 penetration shot, 1 volley fire, 1 buttstroke, 10 headshot, (optional 1 birdfall), rest in snipe.

1 Like

Help me deside, who is better for musk2 - sap3 or wug3? In terms of universality and dmg.

both is good. i think wugu have better dmg vs boss, since sapper only has broom for dot.
but sapper have more available class at r6, while wugu locks you into ar2 ranger.

both build suffer from high CD, no OH though.
muskeeter skills also have high CD, and high SP consumption :frowning:

The Sapper one can get Rogue for capture and Sneak Hit or Falconer for circling at Rank 6. Sapper is really good killing flying bosses making up for the lack of Bow with detonation and Broom trap have a really big area.

The Wugushi will cause more damage specially in bosses and have less setup time than Sapper, the lower cooldown compared to Sapper makes the rotation really good to kill bosses too.

Or you can get both, Sapper 2, Wugushi 2.

they do same dmg? i heard that sap do more dmg, especially when crit.

so full str or full dex a3 qs3 musk2 is better now after revamp ( for boss kill only)

With the coming R9 changes, need your thoughts with my planned build:

Archer 2 > Sapper 2> Rogue 1 > Falc 1 > Musketeer 3

Archer 2 - Swift Step for crit rate, Kneeling Shot for those lazy moments
Sapper 2 - Broom Trap for AOE, Stake Stockades just because I love this skill :3
Rogue 1 - Sneak Hit (Not really familiar how this skill works. Do I have to stay behind the boss?), Capture (also with this, all I know is it lets you keep a skill tile), Feint (even this XD)
Falc 1 - Circling for AOE (hoping itā€™s still good ā€œenoughā€ post patch), Pheasant, Hovering, Call, Roost
Musketeer 3

I havenā€™t played Rouge nor Falconer before so any insight will be appreciated. Thanks!

My main is a Sapper Musk and i prefer Sapper 3 over Falc 1 due to:

1. You get best Sapperā€™s attribute on Sapper 3 (50% flat crit rate for Broom trap).
  2. Circling is nerfed to 1 AAR now, so basically you still have to spend load of money for AAR gear to truly make use of Circling.
  3. Broom trap - main AOE source, the core reason you wanna get Sapper - can hit unlimited targets and doesnt require AAR.

My build doesnt have Falc 1 and i only have 3 AAR thanks to 2 Phada and Emengard musket and still, it works 95% for me ā€“ i dont have any issue about AOE in PvE. Should the free rank reset come along with r9 patch, you can see it for yourself and get your own conclusion on which is best :satisfaction: