Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Musketeer Indept Thread

I’m in this route. How is this bad?

i assume your route is rogue musket too , the damage is bad because if you want to use sneak hit effective you must have werewolf card and say good bye to glass mole card ( if same gear glass mole have better damage werewolf )

What do you guys think about A3Wugu3Musk2 instead of A2Rng1 or A2Hun1 for world bosses? Judging from Tom’s video at ET, Twin Arrow as a filler doesn’t look bad. It’s better than having to swap Didel everytime with QS3 or ending up auto attacking a lot with Ranger. Hunter is worthless in world bosses unfortunately since nothing from them except Rush Dog (which is mainly for Wugong Gu spread) works.

Also, is it me or Volleyfire is 100% garbage right now, not even worth 1 point on it? Bird fall looks bad although the fall down effect can be handy.

I put 1 point into each musket skill, 5 in snipe, max covering fire and headshot. I feel they are all worth 1 point right now. Birdfall does big dmg just no enhance. If you TBL, you need it for featherfoots. Volleyfire is OK. 1 point for instant damage and almost no animation. Very useful when you need to get off damage NOW. Pen shot is a great filler with the speed attribute. Bayonet, well, 1 point for 900% dmg and anti heal attribute…probably the least useful.

I could end up skipping bayonet, but probably nothing else. Not to mention lolo/solmiki muskets have +2 musketeer skills which will benefit you more with more skills.

My circling not affect covering fire at all. i.e. 5 mobs touch covering fire range but each bullet choose 2-3 mobs at a time.Do you guys have same problem.

Your circling is lvl 5? You need to make the enemy AoE defense 0 to make it work.

i reach the musk circle…dont have manamana yet its worth to try buying the manamana? in theory with musk gonna use a lot less the running shot/kneeling combo right? the thing is i have doubts about my next upgrade dunno if going for a perovismas or manamana first.

My circling level is 5.

What is the new stat build for musk after the new stat mechanics? Is it still pure DEX?

is musket ping dependent class?
do u need to switch weapon often?

which build path you meant by full single target bosser?

How should I distribute my skill points in Musketeer skills for single target DPS?

So far I’m going with:

• Snipe 10/10
  • Headshot 10/10
  • Covering Fire 6/10
  • Penetration Shot 1/10
  • Butt Stroke 1/10
  • Volleyfire 1/5
  • Birdfall 1/5

Should I put skill points somewhere else? I don’t care about AoE DPS.

Thanks.

Recommend Wugu3-musket2 build vs boss. Decent AoE too.

1 Like

What would you take as first 3 classes? Archer3? And do you think wugu3>musket2 outperforms Archer2>QS3>X>Musket2 in bossing?

So I’ve finally reached Musket 2.

I have to say that it sucks. The buttstroke debuff isn’t enough to cover the glaring issues in this class.

I really like the gameplay but it really needs some changing. For some reason as well, chaining some of the skills are really hard. Don’t know if it’s an issue with latency or some of the inputs don’t really come together.

However, the greatest issue I have with the class is even though it’s a heavy hitter, I just don’t feel it. For a class with so much solo target skills it sure does the job really poorly. I really hope there will be changes to this class down the road because by the looks of the concepts of the class’ skill set, it’s not doing what it should be doing.

I’d say that Musketeer and Sapper have the most problematic designs in their skill set for PvE(for Archer class). A couple of cooldown reducitons or overheats might help but I don’t think it will be enough. It’s like Spike Shooter for Sapper where some of the skills have such a long cooldown even though the skill itself doesn’t really change the game at all.

How about Rogues burrow skill??? Can I cast Sniper shot while in it? Or any skills from Musketeer?

I dont know why musketeer is still not popular. The class perform very well against single target. Covering fire 6000+% in 15s. Headshot and Snipe are deadly. My build is archer2-ranger3-rogue-musk2 and it hits really hard.

My (soon to be) skill distribution is :
covering fire 10
headshot 8
snipe 10
penetration shot 1
butt stroke 1

I tested c2 skill during reset event and feel that they suck.

Here comes “I want your opinion part”.

How many hits [peneration shot] can averagely deal on boss? I can pull mostly 3 (sometimes 4) on boss without falconer [aiming]. I know max hit is 5. Maybe I’m not good at aiming.

Max snipe or headshot is better? Considering :

• [headshot : reload] attribute make headshot deal 75% x 2 hits (correct?).
  • headshot has bleeding effect .(How does it damage claculated?)
  • snipe has damage inceased from bleeding status.(How much damage increased from bleeding?)
    Ignoring cooldown here because I always use them with steady aim (25s rotation).

No. Rogue burrow cannot use musket skills.

@pathapol I have seen few musk do well at new worldbosses, though cleric sword mage chrono still most popular

You should always get minimum 3 penetration shot hits on bosses.

Headshot reload is 2x [50% of original damage.]
Headshot Bleed Damage = 20% of the damage dealt by [Headshot] per second. Headshot deals nice damage if you include bleeding.
Snipe +20% damage on bleeding targets.

Note from ktos

[Musketeer]
Covering Fire:
- (Late Addition) Overheat has been increased from 1 to 2.
- (Late Addition) AOE Attack Ratio has been changed from 2 to 7.
- (Late Addition) Charging speed has been changed from 1s to 0.5s

Headshot:
- A bleeding effect has been added.
- (Late Addition) Bleed Damage = 20% of the damage dealt by [Headshot] per second.

Snipe:
- Attacks on enemies afflicted with [Bleeding] will be increased by 20%.

Thanks. I forgot to check ktos patch note despite lack of itos patch note.

So headshot deal more damage if bleeding last full duration.
It is pointless to turn on [headshot : reload] then? Total damage is still the same.

This IMHO is because it is still a melee class despite the ranged skills and the over all lack of “identity” to the class.

Musketeers are melee (primarily) because of butt stroke: additional damage. The additional damage may have been nerfed but it is still 30%. Then there are the “obviously melee” skills like [penetration shot] and [bayonet thrust].

The lack of “identity” is seen in the skills. They are literally just “do damage” skills. Some are ground target, others are “auto aim”, some are ranged, some are melee. [volley fire] is basically just a “copy” of [covering fire]. Then there is [birdfall] aimed specifically vs flying when the kit actually suggests moving away from that because you basically move away from bow and its double damage to flying.