Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Musketeer Indept Thread

Recommend Wugu3-musket2 build vs boss. Decent AoE too.

1 Like

What would you take as first 3 classes? Archer3? And do you think wugu3>musket2 outperforms Archer2>QS3>X>Musket2 in bossing?

So I’ve finally reached Musket 2.

I have to say that it sucks. The buttstroke debuff isn’t enough to cover the glaring issues in this class.

I really like the gameplay but it really needs some changing. For some reason as well, chaining some of the skills are really hard. Don’t know if it’s an issue with latency or some of the inputs don’t really come together.

However, the greatest issue I have with the class is even though it’s a heavy hitter, I just don’t feel it. For a class with so much solo target skills it sure does the job really poorly. I really hope there will be changes to this class down the road because by the looks of the concepts of the class’ skill set, it’s not doing what it should be doing.

I’d say that Musketeer and Sapper have the most problematic designs in their skill set for PvE(for Archer class). A couple of cooldown reducitons or overheats might help but I don’t think it will be enough. It’s like Spike Shooter for Sapper where some of the skills have such a long cooldown even though the skill itself doesn’t really change the game at all.

How about Rogues burrow skill??? Can I cast Sniper shot while in it? Or any skills from Musketeer?

I dont know why musketeer is still not popular. The class perform very well against single target. Covering fire 6000+% in 15s. Headshot and Snipe are deadly. My build is archer2-ranger3-rogue-musk2 and it hits really hard.

My (soon to be) skill distribution is :
covering fire 10
headshot 8
snipe 10
penetration shot 1
butt stroke 1

I tested c2 skill during reset event and feel that they suck.

Here comes “I want your opinion part”.

How many hits [peneration shot] can averagely deal on boss? I can pull mostly 3 (sometimes 4) on boss without falconer [aiming]. I know max hit is 5. Maybe I’m not good at aiming.

Max snipe or headshot is better? Considering :

• [headshot : reload] attribute make headshot deal 75% x 2 hits (correct?).
  • headshot has bleeding effect .(How does it damage claculated?)
  • snipe has damage inceased from bleeding status.(How much damage increased from bleeding?)
    Ignoring cooldown here because I always use them with steady aim (25s rotation).

No. Rogue burrow cannot use musket skills.

@pathapol I have seen few musk do well at new worldbosses, though cleric sword mage chrono still most popular

You should always get minimum 3 penetration shot hits on bosses.

Headshot reload is 2x [50% of original damage.]
Headshot Bleed Damage = 20% of the damage dealt by [Headshot] per second. Headshot deals nice damage if you include bleeding.
Snipe +20% damage on bleeding targets.

Note from ktos

[Musketeer]
Covering Fire:
- (Late Addition) Overheat has been increased from 1 to 2.
- (Late Addition) AOE Attack Ratio has been changed from 2 to 7.
- (Late Addition) Charging speed has been changed from 1s to 0.5s

Headshot:
- A bleeding effect has been added.
- (Late Addition) Bleed Damage = 20% of the damage dealt by [Headshot] per second.

Snipe:
- Attacks on enemies afflicted with [Bleeding] will be increased by 20%.

Thanks. I forgot to check ktos patch note despite lack of itos patch note.

So headshot deal more damage if bleeding last full duration.
It is pointless to turn on [headshot : reload] then? Total damage is still the same.

This IMHO is because it is still a melee class despite the ranged skills and the over all lack of “identity” to the class.

Musketeers are melee (primarily) because of butt stroke: additional damage. The additional damage may have been nerfed but it is still 30%. Then there are the “obviously melee” skills like [penetration shot] and [bayonet thrust].

The lack of “identity” is seen in the skills. They are literally just “do damage” skills. Some are ground target, others are “auto aim”, some are ranged, some are melee. [volley fire] is basically just a “copy” of [covering fire]. Then there is [birdfall] aimed specifically vs flying when the kit actually suggests moving away from that because you basically move away from bow and its double damage to flying.

I totally agree about being melee. I also rely on feint + barrage combo so I stay melee most of the time.
But in my opinion, other single target archer (rogue, fletcher, hacka) are melee-oriented as well.
Wugushi takes up to rank 6 so it needs higher rank to fulfill.
Fletcher do best dps in melee range due to magic arrow aiming. If player plays ranged, he will waste time aiming (that is every 5 sec).

For identity issue, I think its concept is strong enough. Vary actions such as shooting ( snipe = single strong hit, covering fire = multiple hits ) , use gun itself for melee attack( butt stroke use gunstock, bayonet thrust use gun bayonet).They may feel all over the place but I like variety of them.

For skill functioning, covering fire is semi AOE so it is reasonable to have manual targeting (blue circle).
While snipe is semi auto target (I use keyboard mode) with unique crosshair.

Volley fire is nothing special, just shooting sets of bullet.
Birdfall damage is terrible compared to bow even before factor bow additional damage into. I tested it during reset so I’m not sure if it can afflict [falling] status like cannoneer’s shootdown (immobilize non-boss flying mobs). If it can, maybe that is its only benefit.

Personally, I like the ground targeting of [covering fire] and [snipe]. [snipe] in particular feels really good on mouse. It feels the same when I used to practice with my own gas powered rifle. To the point that I want the darkening effect of [snipe] on [covering fire] and [headshot]. These 3 skills in particular already define a pretty solid musketeer (ranged ground target dps).

The other skills just have their own thing going for them. The way I see it, skills like [penetration shot], [butt stroke], and [bayonet thrust] are there to punish anyone going in the musketeer’s face. The punish part makes it awkward to use because it’s damage and/or a debuff. If it were instead a defensive thing it makes sense. A better knock back on [penetration shot], a snare on [bayonet thrust], and a short movement buff on [butt stroke] work in a kit for “ranged ground target dps”.

Now [volley fire] and [bird fall] are just “filler”. A reloading skill to return 1 OH to all skills woulda been a better c2 skill. How about a buff to add OH charges to all skills? Head shot: reload shows IMC can add OH to skills.

Summoning @STAFF_Yuri in case IMC decides to revamp musketeer.

I agree that other skills than covering, headshot, snipe need rework so that they become viable. Adding utility for penetration shot, butt stroke, bayonet and adding damage to volley fire and birdfall are generic way to improve these skills. But I don’t worry about that much because skill point is already tight.

Wugu musket on ktos vs new worldboss zaura
issue is low HP vs big boss AoE

Well to be fair the OHKO killed even the Murmillo that had 58k of HP.

I tried that build on reset and it made sense since the skills were tagged “all” instead of specifying bow or xbow. I did a3-wug3-musk2 and could not use any a3 skills :sob:. That said hunt3 also did well because of it’s “all” tag too.

What would you suggest to r2-3 given how most skill at those ranks are specifically bow?

Arch2 to get swift step buff and crit attribute.
Options at c3 are Ranger (steady aim buff) or hunter (snatching attribute is great support vs flying bosses). However hunter requires 1 character slot and you will have to deal with pet AI.
Last option is arch3 longer swift step buff.

The musket on vid is arch2 ranger1 wugu3 musket2.

In archer tree hunter, wugu, sapper do not have weapon restrictions.

1 Like

After clearing 140 a bit with an app, I feel like [blindside] is worth the rank even on a non offhand user like a musketeer. Maybe a2-hu3-app-musk2 to minimize skills I can’t use, maybe.

A2 HU1 WU3 VS A2 SA2 WU2
which one cheap on attribute ?
can show me more hunter musketeer video?

I just wish the additional damage attribute were on Volley Fire instead of Butt Stroke, so I dont need to be in melee range every 10 seconds, and getting knocked back for 2-3s, because evasion is pretty much nonexistence.

1 Like

What would the ideal skill point distribution atm? I feel like I messed up lol

10 Covering fire, 10 headshot, 8 snipe. 1 into buttstroke, and 1 left point you can choose between volleyfire, birdfall or penetration shot for filler. Personally i prefer volleyfire

1 Like