Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Mage Builds General Discussion 💥

Was hoping all secret classes (if rune master is 1) were all r5.

Rune master is Rank 6 from what I heard :\

There’s no real pattern really, Shinobi is R7, Chaplain is R5 and Runecaster is R6.

Why would you think that? the FIRST hidden class we got was R7.

These are the things I think about when I think “balance” (and not necessarily skill balance). It’s equal opportunity.

Wiz 3 Ele 3 (or even when you are Ele 2) usually don’t feel the need for JP and Hangman. You already have enough CC and damage against monsters anyway.

@elfochka The fun of Wiz 3 starts at Rank 5, where you have meteor for 255% overkill.

So…Rune Caster info was out and look like this is a very good class.
Things to note:

• Every skill has 10s cast time = > Wiz 3 is a must
  • Skills consume 1 rune (500 silver)
  • Attribute Rune Caster: skilled cast (max lv50)

If user has no quick cast, quick cast lv 1 will be applied => wiz 3 isn’t required for class change quest.

Inflict massive damage to multiple enemies in a specified location. Attacked enemies reflect additional damage around each other.
Look like a combination of Meteor (huge dmg) and Electrocute (?). More targets => more hits

Increases the damage of Ice magic of the caster and the party by 300%
Duration: 10s x level (150s max)
Attribute: Slow
Whilst [Isa] is active, 5% chance per attribute level to cause a 70% movement speed debuff for 4s when normally attacking an enemy.

Create a circle to temporarily increase the size of allies. Ally size becomes Large, and Attack Power and Defense increases.
Buff Duration: 30s x level
Circle Duration: 10s
Attack Power and Defense increase 100% (not sure if magic attack apply too)
Movement speed + 20
Attribute: Health
[거인의 룬] 효과로 거인화 된 동료는 [시전자 체력 스탯의 20%] × [특성 레벨당 60] 만큼의 수치가 HP로 추가됩니다.
Increase hp by [20% CON stat] x [60 x per attribute level].

A divine attack which is projected from the front line,
Seem like a bad skill, remind me of ice spike.

Raises the chance of resisting status conditions to yourself and your party temporarily.
Resist Chance: 10% x level
Duration: 10s x level
Attribute: Critical Resistance
Whilst under the effect of [Algiz], Critical Resistance will increase based on the Caster’s Spirit by 20% per attribute level (max 100%).

Btw, Warlock also got a huge buff today: the spirit spheres created by Dark Theurge and Invocation vanish after hitting a target based upon skill level.

1 Like

Nice skills… But those cooldowns are awfully long. And the cast times… Even wiz3 will waste 5 seconds to cast any of the skills, it is an eternity even to wiz3.

Can it really be a dps class withsuch cast times and cds? Or is it a buffing class for party members? How do you think guys?

What does the buff to warlock mean? I don’t get it.

Hagalaz has the same dmg formula and cd with meteor so i think its ok. Those buffs are really OP and very long durations so cd won’t be a problem (need lv10 for 100% uptime ). Especially Thurisaz, +100% dmg/def, 20 mov and a bunch of hp, this thing put all other wiz buffs in shame :joy:, need to be careful when using at field boss though since anyone can get the buff :sweat_smile:

its simple, those skills get more hit counts now. For example: Dark Theurge was 5 spirits = 5 hits before but in this patch those spirits can hit more than once according to level (lv 3 = 15hits, lv10 =50hits…)

1 Like

You’re forgetting it’s a hidden class so it’s c1 only, no lv10 skills.

Also I think runecaster will be just fine for builds without wiz 3 that quick cast attribute is pretty nice.

The cast times suck hard even with quick cast though, 10% and even 50% won’t help much…

Where do the devs say hidden class only has 1 circle?

We don’t know yet, nothing said hidden class has C1 only. They have “3 stars” like any other class too:

And unlike Chaplain (literally C4 Priest), both Shinobi and Rune Caster are independent class. [quote=“elfochka, post:139, topic:125788, full:true”]
The cast times suck hard even with quick cast though, 10% and even 50% won’t help much…
[/quote]
Its not that bad, 5s & 10s are a lot. I use lv 8 Meteor (4s) all the time in CBT2 :sweat_smile:

In theory the electric meteor rune caster has should just be better then meteor due to synergy with classes that boost lightning damage. I don’t think there is a class that boosts fire yet is there?

Hagalaz as far as I know is Earth damage though, not electric.

Kinda want to try something like wiz3/linker/cryo/runecaster/whatever now. It has alot of synergies.

Linked ice wall + isa for boss burst
Link lightening attribute + Hagalaz for massive aoe damage (seems to work like magic missile, meaning it fires additional projectile when you hit a mob)
Link + magic missile for somewhat spammable mob clearing.
Hangman knot last as long a rune casting time.

Earth is a element they use as a place holder, rune casters have a skill that says HOLY damage in the description but is listed as earth currently. They will be changed.

Edit: Also Magnus exorcisms was previously listed as earth when chaplin was new.

Well, I thought the same but look at it by yourself.
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4197&l=21895

I can’t see anything this page isn’t working for me :frowning:

Well, Hagalaz basically creates a big shockwave in a circular area (With a range along the lines of Frost Cloud) with a crater.
So it’s either Earth or non-elemental.