Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Mage Builds General Discussion šŸ’„

Does anyone have hell breath footage? Whats its max duration?

http://tos.vod.nexoncdn.co.kr/skill/obt/20106.mp4

it works like P.P or a summon on icbt2ā€¦ it drains sp (3%) while active

as far as I know :\

Yes, it works to summon both. But things to take note:

1. you need farm lot of cards to level up Summonerā€™s Grimoire and Necromancerā€™s Shoggoth, but if u invest the time, it is very powerful outcome.

2. The AI is broken, they will stuck in stair, they r not synchronize and hit everywhere unintended like trap in boss especially u hv no Sorcerer C2 to command it. If single target they work well, if regular mobbing it pretty headache. Good if you hv at least linker 1 to solve the problem. At the moment Temple Shooter > Raise Deads + Shoggoth, because it is Range, AoE, x2 hits and Critical.

3. Manage your summon and sp, dun 100% up time everything.

What would you recommend I drop to squeeze linker in there?

C1 Wizard, C2 Pyromancer, C1 Linker, C1 Sorcerer, C2 Necromancer?

Donā€™t go Sorcerer C1 aloneā€¦

Would someone mind suggesting a solid Linker build idea for me? Maybe something with Linker C2? I have a couple of builds but no idea if they would be successful: Sorc/War: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/wdme42jdar/ Pyro/Feather: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/pdwob5jnu8/ Cryo/Chrono: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/ce88msdm0b/

BONUS Alright I know this isnā€™t Linker at all, but how well would this work? Cryo/RC: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/rbp46xguk6/ just curious really!

Thanks!

Wizard C1
Pyromancer C2
Linker C1
Sorcerer C2
Necromancer C1

Thatā€™s what you want. And rank 8 Necro c2 Because you will be missing out a lot if you donā€™t take that next. My answer is because you say you want it to be centered around summoner

@Vaeltus

That looks like the best build for what you want. Just know that people are trying to tell you that you may not even want your sorcerer summon out most times because it will drain your SP and not be doing what you want. But I say try it, looks strong other than the lack of control.

@ileh_rekab
In my opinion the only viable build out of those is the first one, and it would probably be even better if you chose Pyro instead of Cryo. Pyro just has more synergy with linker because you can pull your fireballs together onto the monsters. Along with MaxMisaā€™s, hese are some of my favorite linker builds:

@williammomeara thank you for your input! Just curious, why canā€™t the Featherfoot build work? I had considered it because of the DoTs that Featherfoot can provide, and if I can apply those DoTs on several enemies along with the Fireball and Flame Ground damage I thought it would stack really nicely, but I may be misunderstanding how well this could all work out (I never got to rank 4 in the last CBT so my knowledge is a bit lacking and I donā€™t know how well things scale and stack and the like)

Iā€™ll be completely honest, itā€™s really late and I didnā€™t even see the Featherfoot build in there :joy:
Itā€™s a really really good build. Get Lethargy for the slash damage bonus when partying. You may want to consider Linker C3 instead of Pyro, but I donā€™t know which is better. Up to you.

i dont agree with the linker necro build. for at least 2 ranks you have neglible dmg. once you get necro 2 it might be mediocre at best.
the second one is okay.

i made my own few builds out of this variation after seeing some ktos vids.
featherfoot is really good with linker, the blood looks really cool

Thanks for every ones helps on my build. Iā€™ll get either Necromancer from C1 to C2 or Sorcerer from C1 to C2 whenever they add in rank 8.

What about stats? Pure int? I know mana regen sucks and itā€™s almost pointless to get spr.

Maybe pure int and I can focus on defense/spr on my gear? Hmā€¦

@williammomeara hahaha np, I know your feel xD thank you again for your advice! I will edit the build now :slight_smile: @WorldisMine ah i see, thank you for your reply! :slight_smile:

Almost full int and good amount of CON to survive

Hey! I have some questions for you people =D

Iā€™m planning a wiz build with fire and ice skills (mainly for the Role Play aspect), but i donā€™t wanna make a wiz3ele3 becauseā€¦ Wellā€¦ Just because seems thatā€™s what everyone is making. So Iā€™m thinking something like WIZc1-PYROc3-CRYOc3, to have both damage and control. On ICBT i couldnā€™t test PYROc3 so my questions are basicaly about it.

1. Howā€™s the damage of PYROc3 skills on late game? Iā€™ve heard ELEc3 is the top tier wiz damage dealer late game, how they two compare?

2. Hell Breath seems a lot like P. Pressure,with longer range and no AoE ratio but higher SP cost. It has the same interruption problems that P.P. have? Would the control of Ice Pillar be enough to use Hell Breath? Can Reflect Shield be used to prevent knockbacks from interrupting the channeling? Would i need also WIZc2 Sure Spell to keep it up and make it viable?

3. There is any kind of ā€œhidden comboā€ or synergy with PYROc3 and CRYOc3? Maybe adding PSYCO would help with PP+FireBall+IceWallā€¦

Thatā€™s it for now! =D

Does bloodbath work on multiple mobs after together? Maybe bloodbath against hangman knotted enemies could heal a large portion of hp
I was thinking of going cryo2+linker1 sorc2 featherfoot but I feel kind of selfish with only lv5 link and a self buff shield with low chance of freeze.
otherwise i might just wait for rank 8, hopefully its released before I decide a rank 7 in iOBT :l

pyro3 and cyro3 dont really have any synergy. psycho does but difficult finding the best build between the three. ive seen an interesting wiz>pyro>cyro2>psycho2>rune caster build

pyro dmg falls off and needs link2
hells breath is 0 points

I believe Blood Bath does indeed heal from multiple targets, as seen here. As for a build, check out the thread I made here regarding Linker ideas! Some neat builds have been suggested so far!

Thats awesome, I can probably give up subzero for that usefulness of linking with featherfoot,despitr being my favourite skill, since im going sorc2.
I hope at some point they allow featherfoot skills to affect players otherwise theyre just purely for pve and maybe guildwar

Beside full DPS Wiz3>Elem3>Warl1
Full Support Wiz1>Cryo3>Chrono3
There is actually Full Tank Wiz1>Cryo3>Thau2>Featherfoot1, Thau2 to shrink reduce dmg, swell right arm to add def, and Traspose to full CON, reversi also great fun skill to anti ground magic.

Wiz is very diverse and fun.