Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Mage Builds General Discussion 💥

Wait wut? [pass] is a buff? It’s not classified as a buff in tosbase. I was under the impression that [pass] simply reduces cd by x seconds on skills that are already in cd. Is the skill description in tosbase wrong?

Some one can test about lethargy attribute effect earth element like rune caster skill or only earthquake effect it?

is there any point in investing more than 5 skill points in superspell ?

As far as I can tell, it does not count as a buff. See this video…

It might have changed, though.

Hey guys. I’m torn on what to make my build. I love the summoner aspect, so I’d like to have my build centered around it. So what I’ve been considering is…

Wizard C1
Pyromancer C3
Sorcerer C2
Necromancer C1

Or

Wizard C1
Pyromancer C3
Sorcerer C1
Necromancer C2

Or

Wizard C1
Pyromancer C2
Linker C1
Sorcerer C1
Necromancer C2

Or

Wizard C1
Pyromancer C2
Linker C1
Sorcerer C2
Necromancer C1

Or

Wizard C2
Linker C2
Sorcerer C2
Necromancer C1

Or

Wizard C2
Linker C2
Sorcerer C1
Necromancer C2

I’m sure you’ve noticed a pattern here.

I’m very indecisive on what to do.

It is difficult to have maintain 2 summoners together,

1. You need dozen of cards to max the evil card
  2. You need manage your SP, Sorcerer Summons block your SP regenerate, and Necromancer skills consume good amount of SP

Linker C2 is your best friend to compensate Summoner due to SP saving and AoE Improve for your pets.
Cryomancer C3 also good combo, especially Necromancer need to stay in melee range often, and you need to help your pet to lure, but make sure you have enough SP to sustain.

Wizard C1 > Cryomancer 1 > Linker C2 > Sorcerer C2 > Sorcerer C3 / Necromancer C1 / Chronomancer C1

• If you play this build, Necromancer don’t use shoggoth yet but only use flesh hoop / flesh cannon / dirty pole, until u maxed your Sorcerer Grimoire. As mentioned, this build spend SP a lot, in normal leveling only use Link and for Temple Shooter to shoot. Chronomancer add a bit speed to your summon, Linker C2 share buff with Deeds of Valor is fun.

Wizard C3 > Linker C2 > Necromancer C2

• I think Wizard C3 quick cast attribute will improve your raise dead damage, and link mobs together will deal good dps, sadly their AI is stupid at the moment.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’m not worried about early game. I’d like to build for end-game.

Solo ability is my highest priority. Which makes me want an army of summons to fight for me. With DPS.

Necromancers C2 ability to summon 5 skeleton warriors is very
appealing to me. I’m just not sure how they’ll hold up in boss fights
and whatnot.

So maybe…

C1 Wizard, C3 Pyromancer, C1 Sorcerer, C2 Necromancer

Necromancer summons let me still regen SP, right? So I can have my army of skeletons and still use all my Pyromancer skills?

erm… have you even read what fitzfeliz wrote?

Of course I did. I’m still getting C1 Sorcerer because it’s how I want to play. I’m asking about the rest of my build.

You could go C3 wiz C1 Pyro too for [sleep] and [quick cast]. Basically you want classes that do well with no SPR and don’t cast very often.

And I’m curious, which summon will you be using [summoning] from the sorc or [create shoggoth] from the necro? Sorc can only use devil type cards while necros use animal, plant or mutant type cards. Can both be used at the same time?

Wiz C1 > Pyro C3 > Sorcerer C1 > Necromancer C2

It is not that bad, but few circumstances that you might face.

After lv220, monsters hit seriously hard. Pyro ground magic need u to lure around circle n u hv risk to be hit, and pyro c3 dmg probably outdated. Sorcerer C1 only help u regenerate sp but u r not using grimoire because it block sp regenerate. Necromancer C2 Raise Dead AI is wonky and unreliable, flesh hoop need u in melee range and flesh cannon need u stand still.

At the same time Wizard C3 is as good as Pyro C2 in leveling.

If you main Necromancer to dish damage, linker c2 is your best solution to Raise Dead / Shoggoth bad AI, flesh cannon small aoe and flesh hoop melee range.
If you use main Sorcerer, temple shooter is ur best damage source, but need sp management in casting pyro other class skills. Grouping mobs like linker and cryo are welcome.

1 Like

[flesh cannon] was changed to allow moving. https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3lfg9l/new_kcbt3_skill_additions_and_changes_summary/

[flesh hoop] is actually pretty good with [flame ground] with the way [flame ground] is used. You have to actively lure (and keep) targets to the area. [flesh hoops] radius is just right when circling [flame ground].

ops, i missed that flesh cannon is changed.
It is good stuff :wink:

for flesh hoop / pyro, the main problem is lv220 3 stars map is no longer okay for wizard to lure in melee range. linker is good to keep you lure 1 but hit 5-8 at once, it make leveling more efficient.

At the same time, Pyro make boss hunting more efficient, but higher risk to expose damage.

Pyro/Linker is trade off.

Inb4 rank 8 ruins the synergy of the class combination everyone worked hard on :<

Hi guys I tried to find out the answer in the forum and reddit but I haven’t found anywhere. My main question is: Reflect Shield is worth points? I’ve seen lots of builds with 0 points in it and a lot with 15 points, I’m really confused about this one, same thing with Lethargy(1 point or more) and Energy Bolt(5 points to 13). Another question: should i max Pole of Agony or Dark Surge?

Hm… Thanks for all the input, guys.

Sounds like:
C1 Wizard, C3 Pyromancer, C1 Sorcerer, C2 Necromancer

Might work for me.

But I am curious about something somebody asked: CAN I summon my skeletons and whatnot as a Necromancer and then summon my Sorcerer things? All at once?

Reflect shield protects you fromknockback. But it is not a must have skill, do as you like.

Lethargy is only worth putting 1 point in for double strike damage. This is the only good thing about the skill and it is not worth putting more points in it.

Energy bolt - the bigger its level, the faster ypu can charge lvl1, because the cast time is the same at all its levels. If you go wiz3, better put at least 5 points in it. If you go Pyro, it is up to you. You can skip this skill completely if you go Pyro. Putting 1 point in it is a bad idea, it is either 0 or around 5.

1 Like

Thanks for answering, I’m going wiz 3 so should i go like 5 points Energy Bolt - 1 Lethargy - 1 EQ - 15 Sleep - 3 Reflect Shield or 8 Energy Bolt and 0 Reflect Shield?

Personally I’l take 0 [energy bolt] and dump what ever is left into [reflect shield]. The damage that gets reflected = damage you don’t take AND it scales with a stat (SPR). Sure you won’t go pure SPR, but what ever SPR you do have (maybe from items or whatever) contributes to damage you don’t take (even magic damage).