Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Mage Builds General Discussion šŸ’„

As somebody planning to go pure summoner I was considering:
Wizard C1, Pyromancer C2, Linker C1, Sorcerer C1, Necromancer C2.

Iā€™ll go Sorcerer C2 when rank 8 is added.

But Iā€™ve been on the fence because apparently Wizard C3 is pretty good.

So maybe:
Wizard C3, Linker C1, Sorcerer C1, Necromancer C2.

What do you guys think?

@ocmodak

The first build is the best to up an alchemist, you can go that or Wiz3>Pyro2 or Link2 or Pyro1>Link1, itā€™s up to you, my alchemist, personally, will be the same as your first build.

Hereā€™s how I would use my skill points. Fireball is not as good as most say and Firewall is much better than most say.

@Vaeltus

I believe Wiz3 will always be better for the new classes than pyro or cryo.

But you can not get Linker 1, itā€™s like wasting a rank just to up easier, as in a party Linker 1 wonā€™t make that difference, if you go Linker, you go Linker2.

I would you suggest you one of these builds:

• Wiz > Pyro > Linker 2 > Sorc 1 > Necro 2

• Wiz 3 > Linker 2 > Sorc > Necro

Sorc doesnā€™t need C2, you can more or less control the summon if you understand how ir works, if you go c3 for damages is another story.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m fine with Sorcerer being at C1.

I do want C2 Necromancer for the skeletons though.

But will I even use Wiz/Pyro skills if theyā€™re both C1 at higher levels if I use:
Wiz > Pyro > Linker 2 > Sorc 1 > Necro 2

That build makes me worry a little about my damage.

Originally I was considering not having Linker at all and getting C3 Pyro. But I hear Linker is pretty important for Sorcerer C1. Blurgh.

This build would be fine then ?

@Lenzchen

Probably yes, pyro>linker2 is fine, I donā€™t like Sorc3 (sorc is more about temple shooter and buffing cat, which you can get at sorc1, bats at sorc3 are probably very good though) a lot, IMO Sorc1 Necro2 is better, but thatā€™s up to you.

Could I get some critique on this build? Itā€™s full support and I will almost always be playing with a group of friends.

I posted this build in this topic here.

Continuing the discussion from [ASK] The Linker's nerf:

But I was hoping to also get some insight here as well. The idea is to be full support and I really do like Linker and Chronomancer. However I am a bit worried about Linkerā€™s nerfs. They still look good, but Iā€™m worried that maybe I am spreading myself a bit too thin.

1 Like

I played pretty much the exact build in CBT2 and loved it. So, I have the same concerns as you regarding the linker nerfs, namely the CD increase for Joint Penalty and the bind duration reduction for Hangmanā€™s Knot.

Based on high level gameplay, the 22s JP CD probably is tolerable in fields. Itā€™ll slow down the leveling rate a bit, but it takes time to gather 8-10 monsters anyway. In dungeons though, the CD period would probably mean that you can only cast it once every 2 groups of monsters. If you are a support-oriented build with not much DPS, then thereā€™s really not much you can do during that downtime. The CC capability has also been reduced greatly. Even with maxed HK at circle 2/3, thatā€™s probably not sufficient time to hold things in place if theyā€™re elite monsters. Iā€™m thinking of testing it out in game to have a feel for it myself.

Keeping in mind all the recent nerfs, it seems like linkers would work mainly in a party with single-target DPS, like archers or swordsman classes. I still might go this same build myself, if my friends decide to play those classes again. Otherwise, the cookie cutter build of Cryo3 Chrono3 seems like a much better option if your partyā€™s DPS comes mainly from AoE.

Regarding your build specifically, I allocated my points differently, but itā€™s mainly based on personal preference. The only thing Iā€™d mention is Iā€™d move the points from Ice Blast to Ice Bolt. Having level 5 means you can cast level 1 bolts with a tap, while Ice Blast is pretty much useless. Backmasking is ping-dependent and caused crashes a lot in CBT. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s been fixed since.

1 Like

quite a strong and easy grind build - bet any party would love to have you in as soon as you hit circle 3 - shouldn have a problem in hitting circle 7 with a strong dps focused duo partner - even more benefits in a full party and also supporting any ā€œground skillsā€ from an early pyro and ele - choosing chrono 3 as circle 7 might sound weak to a couple people but considering youre going for a full support ā€œserviceā€ its better than taking feather or even warlock (feather might be a way better choice if you WOULD decide to do so)

1 Like

First and foremost, thank you for the feedback.

I agree with what you have said. I had completely forgotten that you can cast level 1 of a skill with a tap of a button if you invest more points into it. With that in mind, I will drop Ice Blast.

I was considering CryoChrono and my reasons for choosing LinkerChrono are a bit vain, but I feel like CryoChrono may be more played. I greatly enjoyed Linker during the iCBT and I really want to play one again. Chronomancer was chosen to supplement. If I had to say what class I am the least attached to in my build, it is Chronomancer, however I never played one, so I am likely very biased.

I will be playing with a Swordman (who wants to do Hoplite and eventually Dragoon stuff) and a Cleric (who wants to be Full Support with statues and such). We may have a pure DPS focused Archer joining us and maybe a second Archer, but for the most part, just the Swordsman and Cleric.

I also greatly enjoyed playing linker and only chose chronomancer to test it out. Now, I like chronomancer just as much (maybe even more). Iā€™m sure you will like it too, especially with Haste 10 and Pass 5. Indeed, CryoChrono will be played by many and Iā€™m hesitant to play it myself for a similar reason. Your build is still solid and will work well in a party.

Thank you. With any luck, maybe theyā€™ll buff HK later down the road. Iā€™ll invest in Linker and Chronomancer. I appreciate the insight and reassurance.

If your archers have good ping your linker is set. Otherwise go slow lord with cryo-chrono.

Yea, linker is god send angel for single target / small aoe dps class.
Else Cryo3-Chrono3 is god send angel for Earth Tower

Or

Wiz 2 > Linker 2 > Sorc 1 > Necro 2

Or

Wiz 3 > Linker 1 > Sorc 1 > Necro 2

Sorc 1 and Necro 2 will be in any build I use.

Canā€™t decideā€¦

Does wiz 3 have any synergy with summoner classes? i dont know much, but it seems like quick cast wont give more damage to ur summons (need to check). If summons benefit from quick cast in someway, i would probably go with option 3.

If wiz 3 doesnt ā€œworkā€, I think i would go with the first option (not sure what wiz c2 brings to the table in this case), so u would have some DPS classes to go through the game before reaching sorc-necro. Linker 2 Is awesome for summoners as u link up to 8 mobs and share the damage dealt by ur summons (and u also have spiritual chain), so linker c1 may be not enough specially after the nerfs (almost no CC duration with HK).

Yeah, thatā€™s all of my worries.

Iā€™d like to think option 1

Would work. But Iā€™m worried about Wiz C1 and Pyro C1 later in the game. I feel theyā€™ll both become completely useless and Iā€™ll have to rely on my Sorc 1 and Necro 2 only.

Remember pyro is not so good in pvp

u cant feel bad for wiz 1, as we have no option, is just the standard hahaha. Pyro may ā€œfall offā€ but is still a low cd class to be used beetween cds later on. Wiz 2 will give u absolutely nothing and cryo1 just doesnt fit ur build. Pyro and linker have good synergies so itā€™s fine (at least used to have some)