Tree of Savior Forum

General kTest Thread

Can you link me to the working english patch if there is a link to it please?

Just made a character on Vakarine. Hope to see everyone there :smiley:
Eagerly awaiting the English patch.

Here is just a temporary link for the English patch before the official one comes out.
https://mega.nz/#F!9V8FiZqR!m5eeyUQt__cs53gjD2pvXw

All credit goes to GitHub English translation team and others that helped them.
Also Ishanah from the Taiwanese forum.
The link contains language data Folder along with client.xml and user.xml.
Make a copy of Nexon\TreeOfSavior\release beforehand.
Then drop everything into Nexon\TreeOfSavior\release
replace the original client.xml and user.xml with the downloaded ones (on your own risk).
It should work afterward.

just got done with all the quests in the tutorial area in orsha
i noticed in the stats tab that there is a fourth one

is that LUK lol? did they decide to split dex in half.
sorry if i sound ignorant i didn’t install the English patch.

EDIT: checked back with English patch, turns out i just derped lol, no new stat.

1 Like

Thank you @LimeQQ :slight_smile:

i just started on the OBT server and the exp rate is really low. I get only 1.8% per Kepa at level 2.

Great news more grinding is always welcome rip casuals tho lol

1 Like

I do remember getting around 10% per kill at level 2/3 on our server lol.

How much experience is the overkill giving? Rip solo play if it’s only extra 1% rofl

Overkill is still 255%

Lots of people though. Look at the red circles.

Explore Keith Sim

Sorry if you were waiting for a translation guide, I’ve only just gotten back and will test it out now that the client can be opened. I believe a few people have already added guides, but I’ll make one as well just in case.

Just a heads up, please make a backup of your user.xml and client.xml if you’re going to apply the patch. It can save you a lot of trouble in the future! You can find these in the ‘release’ folder. Just make a folder called ‘Backup’ and copy and paste those files into there.

1 Like

It seem like stress test to me.

Am I the only one who can’t use the exp cards? :frowning:

Might be disabled to keep people below level 15?

EXP Cards have been intentionally disabled for the Preview Tutorial, yes. The level limit also should be Level 11.

Is there any way to manual update please , i got no trouble with the client but the updating speed is killing me slowly :frowning: . I kind of stuck with “18723_001001” at 23% and 10% total

Just keep going^^ the first 1 or 2 files took quite long for me too but then it was really quick

The delay feels like it’s more than it should be.

Other Korean games I have at most 160, same as NA really (playing from Europe)
kOBT is giving me 300~500ms. Not UN-playable, but the double z attacks and slower skill chaining is a bit annoying.

Hope it’s just the servers for now. 38 completely full channels on Kleip + 30 on Orsha would make any server take a hit.

#kOBT Translation

Download the ZIP file here!
Fixed the error, it should connect to the Live server. Sorry!

Inside should be a guide on what to do, which I will post below.

Guide listed in the ZIP file.

This folder contains both an ‘EN’ and ‘KR’ folder.
Inside each folder should be a ‘user.xml’ and ‘client.xml’.
The EN Folder additionally has a languageData folder.

• The ‘KR’ folder is a back up of the original files, please keep them.
  • The ‘EN’ folder has an edited version of the original files, please use these.

##Applying the EN Translation Files

1. Copy and paste the ‘user.xml’ and ‘client.xml’ from the EN folder into the ‘release’ folder.
  2. Drag and drop the ‘languageData’ folder from the EN folder into the ‘release’ folder.
  3. If you wish to disable the English Client font, delete the ‘font’ folder inside languageData/en

##Updating the EN Translation Files

It’s wise to keep a copy of your current languageData folder before updating the files.

1. Go to: https://github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation
  2. Click ‘Download as ZIP’ to download the files.
  3. Extract the files, then copy and paste the contents of the folder into languageData/en
  4. Overwrite any files.

##Removing the EN Translation Files

1. Remove the edited ‘user.xml’ and ‘client.xml’ and ‘languageData’ folder from the /release folder.
  2. Add the ‘user.xml’ and ‘client.xml’ files from the KR folder included in the Translation ZIP.

Issues and Solutions

Q) I get '$NO_DATA$ appearing, how do I fix it?
A) In game, open the Settings (Press ESC then the Cog), and at the bottom, press the ‘Select Language’ dropdown box and select EN. It should fix the issue.

##Please keep backups of any file you delete, simply just make a ‘Backup’ folder! It saves you trouble if anything changes.

12 Likes