Tree of Savior Forum

General kTest Thread

You can only kill monsters as fast as you have HP/SP. Running around otherwise could trigger un-necessary monsters to drop from the sky when you aren’t ready.

It won’t really save you as much “Time” as you think it will.

Then again, you already pay to play at the cafe…

1 Like

If you have to pay for every hour you play at the cafe, then the bonus is not really a big deal.

No game breaking benefits like +bonus exp or +bonus silver/drops or bonus dungeon runs.

When you factor in

• transit time to get to a cafe and back
  • they charge hourly so you can’t play as much as you could from comfort of your home
    -idk if they are open 24/7 , but if they aren’t you are constrained by opening/closing hours
    -most people probably would not want to play late at a cafe and then have to find a mode of transportation back home late at night.
    -if you stay at cafe for long time, you will have to eat so then people would have to decide if they want to eat out (expensive) or drive/ take bus home and eat for cheap then come back (costs time)

Looking at the cost-benefit analysis, it is not really worth it unless you have no time obligations and tons of extra cash.

A normal player can more than make up for this disadvantage in the time that is wasted getting to a cafe and back.

In the 1 hour+ it takes for someone to get to a cafe and back, you could run through almost every map, farm up the lost silver from auction house, level up a couple attributes,etc. all from the comfort of your own house which basically negates all the benefits from playing at a cafe and at no cost.

6 Likes

37 Likes

Hauberk works at a net cafe? Cool. O_o

1 Like

You underestimated Asians, especially Koreans, where there has been cases that player died while lodging at net cafe for days…

Also like I said above, it’s not that cafe has a bonus that is problematic, it’s the kind of bonus it gives. There’s nothing to help you topple that bonus if you don’t play at net cafe.

Also, again, the game was just made vastly inconvenient in order to promote this kind of bonus. Now if this bonus is the norm for every players (5 slots on market, 10% tax etc) then I wouldn’t worry about giving net cafe bonus like 10% extra silver, 2 additional market slot, 1 additional attribute learning.

And from other games I played with the same kind of cafe bonus (Asiasoft), there will be premium subscription that give even bigger bonus and can stack with cafe bonus. That’s more worrisome for me.

7 Likes

Group hug, followed by crying. :sob:

2 Likes

Assuming this hits iTOS as a premium service, I agree with some of you. I don’t mind the advantages except for the movement speed bonus… Especially in PvP instances, movement is like the primary, most used mechanic of the game. This would hit melee classes the hardest considering how easy it is to avoid melee attacks as it is… Combine fast(er) movement with the jumping mechanic (that damn OP jumping mechanic) and one can avoid any melee attacks 100% of the time. Assuming target can move and not cc’ed.

But then again, I don’t plan to play kTOS so I think most of us are in the clear until further notice.

1 Like

damn, this recent topic makes me really worried since the publisher for Indonesia ToS provide same net cafe bonus thingy for their other games.

its just the situation in the net cafe is mostly super cramped, non-aircon and ppl can smoke as they wish.

so i gotta pick between lung cancer / throw my money to super exp vip net cafe or standart movespeed eh…

4 Likes

PCbang stuff is normal in KR …
wont happen in International for sure
unless we have PCbang as well
it could happen in Japan though

Won’t happen to international yes. But what about premium and subscription bonuses? They may implement it that’s why we are all so eager to know

2 Likes

No no. Instead of a portal, its a closet! You enter the closet and battle yourself, once you win you get out of the closet. :joy:

@pcbangwtf new threads plz.
in another light,character creation is today, excited?

I still don’t think people understand PC bang/cafe buffs in Korea. As OP as you may believe those buffs are, your paying for a period of time in a cafe to do this. This is extremely common practice there, and it’s pretty big what you can do with any game.

If you play WoW in a PC bang cafe in Korea you get:

“Increases damage done by 10%, healing done by 10%, health by 10%, and income of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune by 100% while playing in an Internet Game Room.”

If you play LoL in a cafe in Korea you get:

Every champion unlocked + 10% Bonus IP.

If you play Blade and Soul in a pc bang/cafe you get:

150 crit + 10% hp, special cash shop privelages, etc.

And there’s plenty more games that do this, usually the very popular ones.

They’re gaming culture =/= ours. You may believe this is disgusting, but you are not the one paying every single time at a pc bang that splits profits w/ the publisher. This is common practice, and I don’t mean just having the buffs, I mean just how good the buffs can be.

13 Likes

Well, whatever the Korean are okay with I guess… just don’t bring this crap to the Steam version.

3 Likes

Well Im still optimistic, I feel like lots of interesting Roles are headed our way at least. Im not too worried about the netcafe bonus, I hope the steam server remains pure ._. but if they give you mspd for premium account I would just want that removed. Unless its “In Town Only” then id say that falls under convenience.

Saw someone mention a “Bounty Hunter” as a proposed class to fight bots hahaha (love it)
Imagine in game politics with a “Judge” class- bwahahahaha dreaming

I do see them adding more utility skills like "Gender Change "…Im hopeful they do. --Imagine a Marriage Pact from the Bishop class that can only be removed by a Judges skill “Divorce!”

Give me that good stuff IMC, I’ll role play all day.

6 Likes

pcbang in korea…

pcbang in my country…

btw can we bring this cafenet/cafebang conversation into another thread? someone make a new one please

2 Likes

Thank you very much dude

4 Likes

I think you’re assuming I don’t know what it is. It is intended as a light hearted jab, nothing more.

ITT:

• Idiots who don’t understand Korean culture where netcafe bonuses are normal, claiming that the practice is “disgusting”.
  • Idiots who have no understanding of business thinking Nexon KR exploiting the common netcafe practice to make money is “lazy”. LOL please stop posting whoever said this.
  • and lastly the biggest dumbasses who think international version is at risk of netcafe bonuses LOL. Do you fools even have any understanding of your own culture?
2 Likes

Best reply to this thread ever :smile: