Tree of Savior Forum

General kCBT3 Changes - Summary

Oh, I completely missed that, thanks for the information. :smile:

Interesting decision.

Seems like they are removing the class as a whole, I wonder if Fencer will be a permanent rank 6 class now. That would actually be amazing.

What source mentioned this by the way? I’m having trouble finding it, it’s not in the latest patch notes right? [size=12]I can’t be that blind.[/size]

EDIT: I found it, never mind! They ninja updated the notes. I guess that’s what the announcement was earlier.

Yes, from the looks of it characters with Centurion will be removed. I wonder if this goes for the class as well, or if they’re moving it to a higher rank.

EDIT 2: Refer to here.

Centurion is nice concept but most of their skill are just formations. It seems to be useless class now… Centurion class would fit better in Guild vs guild gameplay. So maybe they make it as hidden class or they are going to rework it…

Actually no, even for GvG clumping up for formation = everyone get hit by AoEs so that’s a bad thing.

I think they’ll remake Centurion, the current version simply have too many flaws and they’ll need to decide whether to add more things to fix the flaws (for example, giving Centurion ability to fill up formation with NPCs), or just remake the idea into something else.

@DiscKZee : You mention pure Dex isn’t that good anymore, but how about crit rate from Dex? or was that nerfed with evasion nerf too.

DEX adds 1 Evasion and 1 Crit Rate per point, so it is relatively fine. However, the Evasion bonuses of items have been reduced from what they used to be, so it is harder to reach high levels of dodge without building into it.

I still stick by pure DEX not being optimal, because even with Crit Rate you’ll still need some damage and crit damage. Though it’s how you build it, you can supplement this with items which give Crit Damage. Like wise, you can do the same for Crit Rate and Evasion.

Some more info from a recent Q&A from kToS’s Nexon page:

• Centurion will be added at a higher rank, Fencer will replace it at Rank 6. More information below.
  • The reason for Centurion’s replacement is that there is not much large scale content (i.e Raids) or guild features yet. Centurion will be added back in later to a higher rank once the time is right.
  • Cannoneer will use a Crossbow and Cannon. Cannon is a Subweapon as seen in pictures.

• Key customisation is being worked on, and is close to implementing, so you will be able to rebind keys soon.
  • They are looking to possibly re-open kCBT3 sometime in mid-November, but are still discussing with Nexon.

Some information that is not included on the website Q&A, but obtained from talking with other kCBT Testers:

• IMC’s Vice Chief held a Q&A in-game, which the website one was sourced from. Here are some other questions and answers which were given but not included.

• Another reason Centurion is to be moved is because they feel it should be higher ranked, and instead have moved Fencer which was scheduled to be a Rank 7 class to Rank 6.

• This is also why Fencer is the only class which is moved forward for the current testing phase.

• This means upon OBT, Fencer might stay on Rank 6 and Centurion may be added to Rank 7, but they are unsure.

• Cannoneer is stated to be added ‘soon’. It is unclear if this means it will be added at Rank 7 or will be added to Rank 6, replacing a current class.

• Rank 7 classes are looking to be released in 1~2 months time, but may be longer.

• Rank 7 will not be tested like Fencer. Fencer is an exception as it will be added to Rank 6, replacing Centurion.

• This means Rank 7 will be coming with these new classes.

• With the addition of Rank 7, content for above Level 200 will be added as well. This includes quests, maps, etc.

8 Likes

Here’s the more detailed information with the latest patch files (Oct 16th):

• Fencer has been added to Rank 6. It will replace Centurion eventually, as Centurion will be removed from Rank 6 and placed at a higher rank.
  • There is no date determined for when Centurion will be removed as of yet.
  • Wugushi has two new attributes added.

‘Jincan Gu: Evasion Decrease’:

When an enemy is under the effects of [Jincan Gu], Evasion decreases by 5% per attribute level.
(Max Level of 5)

‘Zhendu: Poison Resistance Decrease’:

When an enemy is under the effects of [Zhendu], Poison Resistance decreases by 7 per attribute level.
(Max Level of 5)

• General fixes to Fencer (i.e. Sounds added, animations adjusted, skill bugs.)

• A lot of animation data added for Shinobi’s skills.

3 Likes

Karjalainen its time for hype for fencer!!

Hmm very interesting…update… Now that Centurion added for later rank does this mean that Murmillo class might be in rank 7?? Murmillo has two skill icon… templar and dragoon nothing.

Just to clarify, Vertical Slash does increase in damage per debuff. Tested with Stiffen, then Cross Cut, then Zalciai, all increases. All of which do not reduce defense. :smile:

2 Likes

Is the damage cumulative? If the monster has three debuffes, the damage will be greater?

Yes, it’s increased damage per debuff.

2 Likes

Interesting… so a CC Rodelero with Vert Slash would punish the crap out of an enemy. Good to know.

I’m thinking about Skull Swing + Cross Cut + Barbarian Helm Chopper + Vertical Slash as a combo.

I just have one more doubt. Is Vertical Slash an “AoE skill” like Cartar Stroke? I know 2H Sword has a good range but the skill seems that only damage 1 or 2 enemies like Skull Swing.

Btw, in iCBT2 I wanna test how much Bleeding + Sky Liner deals. Would be great if we have the %s.

Basically, after Evasion has been nerfed, these patch notes pave the way to the full STR Archers and Wugushi…

1 Like

Well, unless it’s changed 1 crit rate is 0.4% crit chance, so you need 250 crit rate advantage for full crit chance.
Let’s take a positive stance and say it’s 250 Dex required (it’s probably more)
Having that much in Str at rank 6 would get the 50% bonus and turns into 375 Str.
At level 200, and a +5’d weapon of that level probably have around 350 attack average.

It’s fairly close, but Str wins out in damage increases, and if you’re using a shield the block increase probably balances out the lower evasion…

Now that Crit got ‘fixed’ to apply the multiplier after defense reduction and the 10% Str/Int per rank up, I can see why pure Dex isn’t as good for damage.

That said, depending on how Highlander’s 2H mastery works (whether it’s just 50% more Crit Damage stat, or actually make crits do more damage) I might still go full/high Dex build.
And the recent increases on attack gain past +5 might balance things out a bit at around +8-10.

1 Like

Is there stat that increase critical damage?

Stregth increases both Physical Damage and Crit.Damage

1 Like

It fluctuates especially as enemies have different Crit Resistance values which modify your overall Crit Chance, but I’ve heard that ~300 Crit Rate is a good ballpark to have almost permanent crit on most things. Possibly not bosses.

2H Sword Mastery is +50% to your Crit Damage stat.

Right now, you can easily get weapons to +8~+10, and for a good enhancement to ultimately aim to (but requires some good luck) is +15, mainly due to the special visual effect you get, it makes it a good milestone to aim for.

Now that fencer is rank 6 its make sense why they buffed Doppel with new skills… Falconer are pretty meh class too… they should rework it… I have feeling that they are gonna replace Cannoneer with Falconer.