Tree of Savior Forum

Game Feedback after a long hiatus

Good Job, I see a lot of improvements done to the game.

It took very long, but at least you’ve made important changes, such as finally getting rid of DPK, that was the most horrible thing I’ve experienced in an online game.

Now let’s get serious, there’s still more improvements to be done.

*Not claiming that these ideas are mine, but what I think would be great for the game.

Daily "Chores" (Instance Dungeons mainly)

Look at what you’ve done to Saalus,

Good Job here, instead of doing two annoying runs to get our shards, we only need to do one.

Now let’s move on to dungeons. Right now, we’re doing 3 runs to effectively farm silver, 3 runs per character. This takes up most of our game time, or playing the actual game. It’s turning the game into a chore. Even new players stopped trying to explore other content like ET or at least trying out. 3 runs out of 300 dungeon would take 15-20 mins average per character. Not doing it means you lose 660k (w/token) per character, lots of trash cards and tradable silver(talt).

Possible Solution:

Change maximum dungeon runs to 1, not 3 or 2.
Token users get triple EXP and rewards non token users get double.

It’s the same thing, just done with much less time. What do we do with instance multipliers then? Compensate them with something else, like changing them to clear vouchers.

Give people more time to explore the game/content, Yes I know it’s old and repetitive, but at least we get more time such as participating in game events or do other things like hidden quests or…anything else really. Even my friends just log in to do 300 dungeon and saalus, no more time to even do CM.

Quests

Since getting exp just by killing normal monsters is much faster, veterans or older players tend to ignore majority of the quests that give nothing but low level exp cards or low amount of silver. New players do it maybe once or twice, then we skip everything aside from those that give specific rewards(like practonium or stat points), or unlocking quests for a different area.

I get it, and agree that these quests are repetitive and boring, I do the same.

Possible Solution:

Remove/Lessen more generic quests (mostly gathering) and move the rewards to the main quest on the same map, or a different quest.

Same amount of rewards, less quests. Changing the rewards would also be a good idea — What rewards?
Attribute Points would be great, retain the silver and add attribute points. This way new players could purchase potions/get squire repairs/pardoner buffs and have more character growth.

Lastly, enough with the timed hidden quests, a much better idea IMO for hidden quests would be those similar to what we currently have where we kill monsters, get a note/item related to it and show it to a key NPC.

Events

I’m a bit salty on this since I missed out 12 days of rank reset event back in december, but when you’re giving out rank reset ONLY to returning players, that even makes me more salty. Think of everyone else, not just returning players. You need to maintain your player base AND attract new/returning players. At the current state of the skilled savior event you’re just making your current active players mad.

Instead of just giving a rank reset to returning players it wouldn’t hurt to give current players one as well. It’s like you’re telling us to leave then play after we get qualified (because some people need the rank reset) because of your dumb mechanics.

AFK Macro/Bots

I see no improvements here, are you even trying?

BEFORE YOU DO MORE SILVER SINKS (I’ve been seeing discussions where you get less silver the higher your level is on dungeons)

Please do something about this first.

Remember, the goal is to kill the bots/afk/macro/script not hurt real players, WHY CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND?

Trade Counts

Just remove this crap system, I notice I’ve been trading a lot with my friends every time I get a slightly better HG gear to give to him. I don’t see the point of this anymore, it’s not even countering bots, again, you’re hurting real players, not bots.

Just maintain tradable items after trades without trade counts when you have a TP token. Remove the damn trade count.

That’s all, it’s a much shorter version of what I wrote since I just came back.

Here’s my old feedback:

No class balancing feedback, that’s a different story. But just a reminder when something’s really broken beyond sht tier, you have to fix it sooner. Look at matador for example.

8 Likes

I feel weird when I read people don’t like doing quests cause I loved doing them :smiley:

I have done the same quests more than 8 times and hopefully more in the future :blush:

I just noticed this thread and i would like to say something on the Daily chores.

Since you mainly spoke of instance dungeons i would like to see a mercenary missions revamp too.
I just run catacombs and crystal mines to get some Boss cards but with no success, it’s really frustrating, then i kill the last Boss and it drops a useless cube (the best thing i got was vubbe blood).
Why not granting a random card when finishing the dungeon? It would be perfect, since after the dungeon revamp i can’t farm them anymore from the lvl50 dungeon and with legendary cards’ introduction the number of cards required will rise.

3 Likes

Daily chores

An update we will get soon will reduce that, and sadly not in a good way for dungeons. Money will be nerfed for characters that are X levels above the dungeon’s one. It will be completely pointless to farm silver there.

On the other hand, ET becomes weekly. One run (two for token users), and a lot more stuff from the cubes (at a higher price, but you have to imagine that cube is like more than 7 cubes we get now as far as I know)

Challenge Mode is also a daily chore, but I find it actually fun and it gives good money as well, especially if you sell the raid stones (I actually craft them for myself to try my luck in raids, but you get what I mean)

Quests

YES, they need a huge overhaul. They should be drastically reduced, even though they’re an unexpectedly good source of silver, exp and starting items for people who just started the game and want to explore ToS’s world fully at their own pace, as I did in 2016/7. If you do those alternated to dungeons for your first character, you will really enjoy the game. Of course, alts are an entirely different story…

Events

How I wish rank reset was a normal feature and not a ‘premium’! I agree though, prizes for events should always be as beefy as they can, or people will just ignore them.

Bots

We need GMs to be continuously active in game ._. or at least, that’s my opinion.

Trade counts

Welp, I see why they restrict trades but sadly it’s not doing much against gold sellers.

1 Like

Same about challenge mode, I didn’t complain or have anything against it because it’s kinda fun.

You can see several classes shine here again and a little more team work at later stages compared to dungeon shtstorm where everyone goes their own way to 100% and kill the boss ASAP. Happens in dungeons because we just want to “get it over with”

I wanna see stage 7 sooner but hopefully not more crashes

1 Like

There’s some decent feedback right there, good job. I wouldn’t touch dungeon entries too much, Multiply tokens, reset vouchers and clear vouchers are silver sink items and somehow you need to keep the economy healthy. Instead i would make these items i mentioned more available in-game through dungeon cubes.
Aside that, i would like to see a rework on imagen rename that cube on Mercenary missions similar to what they did to Saalus cubes.
Create a :
Siauliai Cube (Rewards : Blue type cards, Multiply tokens, Reset/clear(1,2 star) vouchers, talts)
Crystal Mines Cube(Rewards : Red type cards, Multiply tokens, Reset/clear(1,2 star) vouchers, talts)
Seven Valley Cube(Rewards : Green type cards, Multiply tokens, Reset/clear(1,2 star) vouchers, talts)
Catacombs Cube(Rewards : Purple type cards, Multiply tokens, Reset/clear(1,2 star) vouchers, talts)

I would rework the daily quests as well from Receptionist Donnes and make it similar to the Monster duty event. Kill X amount of mobs in Y map get {Pirate,Golden Note,Pledge,Believer,Keista} potion of your choice. Daily quests were forgotten due to time consumption and crappy exp.

2 Likes

Right, those cubes.

the very least they could do is add R8/R9 materials on the cube table, I don’t really see any point in mystery cubes other than completing some random collections.

Before IMC does anything related to silver I’d want them to at least regularly clear out bots. Then we get to see actual silver being generated.

The number of bots I can count go over 50+ total on maps that give 500-700+ silver and level 3 gems.

Solitary Cells - Timerys - etc. Totaling around 50+ isn’t a joke with the number of silvers they can generate.

"We have plans to update the rewards and frequency of the Mercenary Post’s daily quests.

First, we’re going to make these quests playable 2 times per day, per character. The quests will consist of simple monster hunting (adjusted to your character level), without the current item gathering component."

I guess they listened to what i said, it was faster than i thought haha. Silver is still good though!

Source: https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1266

2 Likes

Glad to see that, I think it’s also their way of compensating dungeon silver nerfs that they have been planning