Tree of Savior Forum

Dear Tree of Savior

Remember those long feedbacks where people used to write because they care about the game? well, here’s another…

I think it’s about time you devs/decision makers adjust to the low and getting lower population of TOS.

We can start with…

Quests

Pre-200, seems easy ain’t it? This isn’t really bad, it allows anyone, everyone to progress however they want. Newbies can keep going on despite being overleveled to get through the storyline, Old players/rerolls can rush through doing important quests and dungeons only. 200-280, still okay, nothing too hard, a little more effort is needed, this is fine.

But what happens after 280? (or some 270+ maps like khonot?) Total disaster.

Remember when R8 First came out? A bunch of old players came back and did some questing here and there, starting around Khonot Forest. Then the map after that, they met Centaurus. This was fine, people were willing to party to bring it down. Some classes can solo it, most can’t, specially undergeared ones. This was still okay only because there were still a surge of old players doing the quests…

Now what? People do one quest each map (the hard ones, like tevhrin/etc and give up) some just do quests to get backspace warp and don’t even finish it.

This is the case for what most of my grinding parties are. They did Little to none of the latest content. It’s pure b/s. No one likes doing tevhrin.

The problem here is that YOU HAVE TO PARTY TO DO quests. Yes I know as I said some classes like Scout/Diev3/etc can solo them, but a lot can’t. Maybe with a lot of barrier scrolls and a lot of time you’ll get to finish it eventually, or whole box of soul crystals, this destroys your content, no one really likes doing them anymore, it’s a big waste of time.

You may at least want to tweak the damage these monsters do. Even with 1k Pdef and 1k Mdef, they still hurt, A LOT.

Yes, the core problem is you have to party up or group up to do these things efficiently on a DYING/LOW POPULATION GAME.

It’s fine to party for ET, it’s fine for Saalus,it’s fine for hard-mode grinding, It’s fine for other end game content, but the standard quests alone? No…You can already see the result.

Instances: Dungeons/Missions

Surely we appreciate what you guys did with the new dungeon UI, it’s a great improvement from what we had before, no problems with that.

But don’t you think, it’s time to make the queues global? we can have /indun show the number of active people queuing and queue from there for starters.

Then we have this level range and penalty for missions specifically, like those in Fed and Saalus.

There is absolutely no valid reason for “increase damage received” penalty when you are underleveled in these instances. If it’s on fields where you are underleveled, we understand the penalty. But for these missions, it’s just making people feel inferior and annoyed, to die most of the time getting 1 shot because they are 15-20 levels under.

Maybe remove the penalties for underleveled people, at least through queue. This also opens the level range where successful queues can happen, yes, we have to do it, population is dying, at least for non-sea servers out of the “after-reset queue” prime time.

TP: Exchange Shop

What bullsht is this? WHY ARE MEDALS CHARACTER BOUND? WHY can we NOT buy costumes that do not match our class, while the medals are character bound?

Did you guys even thought of this through before implementing it?

Why were we able to buy them on TP shop before despite not being the “said” class for the costumes?

Why even show wizard/cleric/archer costumes on my swordsman WHEN I CAN’T BUY THEM? Is this a fraud? bait? Really? I sent a ticket about it, they said they can’t do anything about it, at least make those medals account wide like TP.

TP: TP items

Why aren’t all TP items tradable? Don’t you think this would reduce the number of illegal RMTers?

For example, I need a certain hairstyle on the TP shop, or a penguin “egg”. A cash lord could spend TP (giving you money instead of gold sellers) and sell it to me. This is an effective method for you to earn money AND make F2Play players happy.

Events

No complaints here, I think you guys are doing a good job here, but please stop repeating your old mistakes. Do some deep testing to prevent possible abuses in the future (remember that seed event?).

DPK

Argued with several times before, maybe your support team even lied about this (or maybe just not having the knowledge of DPK, sorry if that’s the case)
I’m sure most of us know by now that DPK is real after 315 requirements were out.

Why does this system exist? Why not pure RNG? Why not Pure RNG+Personal DPK? Or maybe…Why not the current DPK+Pure RNG? I don’t know why you guys are doing this…because this system being real ONLY CREATES HATE AMONG OTHER PLAYERS ON THE SAME CHANNEL.

It’s this bad that people ask other people on the same channels to move. Did you guys design this game for us to hate other players? Really?

Oh it doesn’t end there, remember, population is getting low, you can see the pattern clearly, even those Blue Faragas gems are getting rare. Rodelin Gems are still on the market because the bots are “doing” it, well, at least not as rampant as before.

If a channel crashes, good bye to your dpk count.

AFK Macro/Bots

I think some constant patrolling around DP2 and Dina Bee Farm would mostly solve the problem here, but…you guys seem to be understaffed?

Remember what you did to the white grolls in vedas?
Increased HP, Increased EXP, Slightly increased silver?
The known bots that farm there (specially k**j) in Telsiai moved to another map right away. The map is still profitable, but no longer for a macro/bot due to the monster having higher hp.

And what’s wrong with the silver? These trash mobs in DP that die in 1 hit give a decent amount of silver /per kill/. (IIRC was around 100±)

But what of those 300k hp monsters on high level maps? Only 400-700 silver per kill range? really?

That’s it for now, I think not many people would bother reading this anyway now that the game is in this state, but hopefully you devs do, because it feels as if you don’t even know your own game at all, and how we feel with the changes you have done for the game we love.

Supported the game since CBT1,2 and EA, but…

I really still love this game, this is why despite all the hate and punishment it does, I stayed in hopes for some improvement.

I’m growing old too, I’m sure majority of the people are, I was expecting TOS to be my last memorable MMO, because WOW Clones aren’t really my fit, sadly.

40 Likes

Very well said, these are the kind of threads we need. In regards to questing they should mix hard party required ones, and easier soloable ones, that would be the kind of variance we need to make quests stand out more. This is used in almost every MMO, and the difficulty is rewarded with EXP and loot accordingly.

3 Likes

that works too, so far only practonium was able to bait people doing the quests for one map.

I don’t really see people shouting for tevhrin parties unlike before, I kept nagging about tevhrin because It’s a main quest, I’ve done upto floor 3 solo and that hell I had to go through wasn’t even rewarding for the effort. With a sage/diev party it’s much easier, but people just choose to ignore the questline anyway.

I thought I was the only one. So frustrated on that stupid map. I dont understand why inner and tevhrin should be on the earlier rank 8 quest. If this is a good way to greet returnees who want to cap their characters then I have a good news for IMC. Most of them rage quit on those maps. Kakaka

2 Likes

The loot could even be things like abrasive or decent silver, just make it worth the pain.

this is true to the dot
a lot of people ignore the quests wherein its easy to level and yet continue to be masocists and grind

Some quests/maps are actually pretty ok for difficulty…
Like, Lhadar, Nheto, City wall district.

Monsters still hurt a little, and have ways to outdo highdef (such as bleed)

but the other maps are just terrible, it’s like on a whole different level.

Mage monsters on R7>hits 1k
Mage monsters on R8>Hits 3k-5k

I really wish people like you was the ones tweaking and working on the game instead of IMC, they have no damn idea how to run this game properly. I lasted in ToS til around October before throwing in my towel, I’m still upset with how the game turned out…If they did somehow implement all the stuff you said and fix some things regarding a bunch of classes, I’d redownload ToS in a heart beat.

2 Likes

Bump this good post and weekly reminder IMC doesn’t play their own game.

1 Like

Greetings @Lostac !!

Really thanks for your valuable feedback for us.
We will update this feedback as the situation develops.
Once again, thanks for reminder :slight_smile:

8 Likes

dont forget the power creep in r8 content
u need to craft new purple 315 weap to beat that
u need practo and high lvl trans to do nice dmg
p2w to the max xD
most of my friend quit after this come lol

1 Like

[RESOLVED] all over again

yes, I included it in the “Quests” section

having to party to do those “unrewarding” standard quests just seems wrong on a…

game with low population.

1 Like

a lazy n easy fix would be

grant 1k silver per main quest completion

lv1 map give 1k
lv100 map give 100k
lv200 map give 200k
lv300 map give 300k

we got too many silver sink anyway…

lv50 plate mastery alone cost 500k+

2 Likes

Yes, not a bad idea to dramatically reduce the silver gains from DP2 and bee farm, and giving the quests more silver for the newbies.

face it, IMC didn’t expect DP2 to be like this.

1 Like

I heard there’s a KR patch (and applied on jTOS) where you get 10% more def and mdef per rank, I guess this “fixes” the R8 map problem, but…

it also affects 1-200 and 200-280, making them more easier than it already is.

that def increase will make more places viable for cheating too. the lower lv content of the game has thus far been pretty ez especially after the gem and enchant scroll buffs. well things like world bosses are hard to solo or fight with a few others… you have to not be dumb/lazy.

if they wanted to quickly patch the difficultly in the rank 8 areas then they should have added zone wide buffs to people in those zones :S

yea, I was only expecting them to weaken the damage R8 monsters deal.

having this only means that R9 content will be much harder to balance off the def and mdef we get.

Please explain to us why you cant do anything to fix the current gameplay of the game besides adding ridiculous costumes…

3 Likes

MAP CLEAR VOUCHERS coming to a TP store near you.

[RESOLVED]

2 Likes