Tree of Savior Forum

Spontaneous framerate drops

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time : Nil

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Keyboard

Bug Description : Spontaneous framerate drops seemingly out of nowhere, although seems to happen more often during the execution of a skill or the spawning of monsters.
(letting us know what you were doing before, during, and after the bug happened will help us a lot)

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Run around.
  2. Framerate drops to 1 from 60fps.
  3. Control unresponsive during 1 framerate drop.
  4. Monsters surround you and you die.

Screenshots / Video :
(be sure to attach screenshots for graphic bugs)
Not applicable

System

• CPU : intel core i-5 4690k
  • RAM : 8gb
  • Graphics Card : GTX970
  • Mainboard : Asrock Z97 killer
  • Storage : 1TB HDD
  • Internet Connection : Can’t remember
  • Country, Region : Singapore

Same here.
Ever since the last “urgent maintenance for Klaipeda server” every 30 sec~2 minutes the game freezes for ~10 seconds.
No apparent reason. Freezes occur on all maps and regardless of action (standing around, running, combat, etc).

i5-3570k CPU, Nvidia GTX680 TI, 16 GB ram, 4 TB hdd, OS : win10. Country : Austria.

Yeah seems like the “urgent maintenance” ruined everything, even the dungeon is bugged.

Today I decided to quit the game because of this. Please check the topic below:

There are other topics in this forum with possible solutions that seem to work for a few players. I do think ToS has serious issues with nVidia GPUs though. Among possible solutions, there are:

-> Lowering all graphic settings in game and turning off VSinc;
-> Entering ToS properties on Steam and unchecking both boxes on the “general” tab, plus entering launch options and writing -dx11 (or -dx12 if this is your version of DirectX);
-> Entering user.xml file in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release] and changing the following:

• BitPerPixel => default is 32, change it to 16.
  • Resolution mode => default is 1 or 2, according to your in-game options, set it on 0 (true full screen, which doesn’t allow you to alt tab). Another issue concerning this: some GPUs won’t allow you to open the game with true full screen plus 16 bits per pixel, such as mine, so here you might have to choose between one of two suggestions above.
  • DrawActorPersent => default is 99, which is the amount of players that appear on your screen. Set it to 20 or 10 (you will have to take a look at this if you eventually want to play the GvG or whatever PvP with many players).

However, please keep in mind that the game is poorly optimized. It is far from using your machine how it should. You can not do anything about it, only the developers. This problem was already present in the CBTs, as you can see in this forum on threats from one year ago, but apparently nothing has been done so far.

Peace :v:

@Kadyr : The problem is not the hardware requirements or low framerate or too high graphics settings.
I have consistently ~120 fps on my PC. The problem is that, despite having more than enough hardware power to run the game at 100+ fps, the game randomly decides to freeze for 5~10 seconds every 30~180 sec.

My guess (made based on experiences from other games like Aion and RO) would be that the game tries to communicate with the server to fetch info and as long as the game doesn’t recieve an answer the game just freezes. And because the server response time sucks since the server maintenance we have these long freezes. Of course there could be some other problem, but hardware power-wise most people are well equipped to run this game.

Ok, my bad. My problem with FPS throws a big shadow on everything else. I also have the freezing you mentioned, but my biggest issue is the FPS. Users with exactly the same pc specs as mine have reported playing the game with 50~ FPS, so I am pretty frustrated. The issue that you are talking about will likely be solved in the maintanance tomorrow, assuming that you are right (and I think you are).