Tree of Savior Forum

[Fan Art Festival] Official Monster Mash Voting Thread! 🎃

all them less than 24 hour accts popping out of the woodwork like woah.

Suspicious accounts have been checked and action taken.
If there are any other concerns please contact me via PM :smiley:

And please continue to support our hardworking artists!! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you Flamerage :smiley:

that’s sounds sarcastic.

So, @STAFF_Letitia could you elaborate and define what is suspicious account??
did he breach any rule of fan art contest by the way? :thinking:

I heard from fan art discord that he is green tea neko, so what’s wrong with him if he ask his fan to vote for him? So my friend ask me vote for them, will their art get removed too as well? :thinking:

2 Likes

this is really cool, dude ! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

As I explained to Green Tea Neko:

We really want all the artists to have a fair chance and since the art could become an in-game loading screen it is important that people who are playing TOS and those who check the forums regularly are the ones making the choice.

This why if you go to our Monster Mash announcement under Contest Overview you will see this:

Please keep in mind that vote selling of any kind is discouraged and could result in disqualification.

Asking a few friends who play TOS to check out the Official Voting thread is fine :smiley: (of course) however, asking “fans” to vote or asking for specific votes in return for something is frowned upon.

11 Likes

Alright, now it make sense and thanks for your clarification!

3 Likes

/Popo cute/ is one of the best entry this contest, @STAFF_Letitia pls give it another chance @ A @

Great looking art! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

jia you corfee chann

1 Like

goodluck.
love the art

:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

Hi @STAFF_Letitia

It has brought to my attention that you took down a good-natured artist’s hard work because you felt obliged to act on someone’s post, WHO also happened to be a participant in this event?

Below was what I read from Coro_lin a.k.a GreenTeaNeko’s PM with you @STAFF_Letitia

Insensitive. I would imagine this as a slap in my face after a day of hard work.

tl:dr; After digesting my post, please reinstate GreenTeaNeko artwork into the event i.e. a 2nd chance OR simply compensate GreenTeaNeko for the time devoted.
GreenTeaNeko has produced a polished artwork which I would dare say that it trounced some salty participant’s artwork.

I don’t have to remind you that a post in the forum does have its weight on community staffs like yourself, @STAFF_Letitia

But you must judge and act fairly, not only to act upon someone portraying that there are false votes in the contest.
You are feeding your attention wrongfully to the lesser educated part of the community that continue to comment senselessly just because, it catches the staffs attention.

As community staff, you have to be a cut above the community and educate the younger audience who does not understand the gravity of this event. Not join them in beating up GreenTeaNeko.

Did it not occurred to you that you are asking for the community here to submit free artwork for your loading screens?
That you don’t have to hire actual artists for your loading screens?
Wait, you might say no, I do reward the 13 people who actually made it.

Do you see the resemblance in GreenTeaNeko’s action? GreenTeaNeko has an active community that are willing to support her artwork and she only made them happier by rewarding or thanking them for voting it.

In addition, removing a reputable artist’s participation and closing it with an apology without proposing an alternative is simply going backwards!
GreenTeaNeko’s fans were actually introduced to TOS under her influence and might even join a game that they never heard of.

Right now, GreenTeaNeko had to regretfully tell her fans that their time were in vain as her submission was removed.
If you investigated thoroughly, do you think that a meager 500 likes margin is considered vote selling compared to her 250k community? She is hardly selling.
She even released the so called “reward” to thank the 250k community for even paying attention to her TOS post. Source: https://www.facebook.com/gtn.moe/

Your action only backfired causing misrepresentation that TOS is managed by staffs who are swayed by empty vessels.

To add on, this is GreenTeaNeko’s first participation in FanArt event for TOS simply because the reward this time is an exclusive costume in the next Goddess Blessed Cube.
She would spend to support the costume artwork each time Goddess Blessed Cube is released and will not stop until she collected them all by purchasing them again and again. (You know how much that means judging by the rates of getting a costume from Goddess Blessed Cube).

GreenTeaNeko dedicated her time to this event even though she could enliven her 250k community further with this time spent, so please do not tarnish the effort spent.
Take a good look at her artwork and from the bottom of your heart, tell me that this is not a loading screen worthy artwork.
It is not as if she just submitted a stick-man and arduously used vote selling techniques to win unjustly.

After all there is no placing or ranks, she is just securing herself an exclusive costume with her own merits.

GreenTeaNeko is simply good-natured and did not defend herself in response to your claim to remove her.
“Difficult people should not warrant the compromise of good people”

Do not push your weight on people who kindly accepted your conclusion because someone is making it difficult for you.
Do retract your last reproach and #bringbackGTN artwork.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,
From the bright little corner of community that is not so mental

9 Likes

Hmm, why is it that the screenshot doesn’t even once mentioned that green tea Neko is selling or forcing people to vote for their submission? And yet the judgement is to suspend the submission due to vote selling?
As for the reward mentioned, it still doesn’t mean that they are buying votes but a show of gratitude to anyone who voted.
Gotta wonder how fair it is when even the judgement doesn’t even seem fair…
#bringbackGTN

4 Likes

Could u define ‘hardworking’ artist?
If GreenteaNeko is not hardworking enough how could it possibly she had a freaking 250k fan behind her?

2 Likes

#bringbackGTN

2 Likes

There’s free comic offered when GTN get a specific likes (from comments on her post) so Staff’s not wrong. But pls give her another chance because I think this is just a mistake. I am sure she didn’t know what she did was not allowed.

Anyway just a few hour before deadline… it’s hard :confused:

2 Likes

@STAFF_Letitia
First of all
In this post from GreenTeaNeko, she doesn’t state that she will be paying who ever is voting for her. SO please explain to me how is she selling for votes?
She just simply asking her community to vote for her masterpiece, she has a freaking 250k follower on her page and a few hundred vote is considered vote selling?

2nd
It is very unprofessional to removed her masterpiece without thorough investigation, If you are going to create an event purely just for players in TOS, why is it that the forum is accessible by anyone outside the community? Everyone can just login to this forum simply by connecting from Facebook.

3rd
GreenTeaNeko is a reputable artist participating a TOS event and dedicating her time to make an artwork for TOS and her community to enjoy, she is not only creating a masterpiece for in game loading screen, she is also reaching out and promote this game to her community.

4th
Why create such event if you are going to listen to those complain from some salty people and make such politic events here? This level of judgement you made, what makes you a GM and different from those people?

Please do not make such conclusion due to some complains on some narrow minded people. GreenTeaNeko has put in effort on this event even though she don’t have to spent time doing it.

#bringbackGTN

2 Likes

– Screenshot from Green Tea Neko’s FB post.

So, in conclusion, she should have been more inconsiderate and just asked her fans to vote for her without saying she would make a free comic to show them her gratitude, her entry would still be valid regardless of her votes. Of course, we could also argue that if no free comic had been promised, her entry wouldn’t gather that many votes anyway.

Why, all those fans must have liked and followed her page only because of her free comic for sure, it’s not like they want to support her in such events like this without anything in return - that’s too good to be true - I guess this is the staff’s logic when they deem her as violating the rule?

As for this claim:

Really, @STAFF_Letitia? If you want no outsider’s vote, you should have included it in the rule in the first place. I really feel like this is the main reason you want to cast her artwork aside, but since it’s not strong enough because it’s not officially mentioned before - you have to make such a lame excuse by calling her free thank-you comic a vote-selling.

And you know what bothers me the most? You simply stated that she has been asking “fan” to vote or asking for specific votes in return for something and make her seem completely the cheater, instead of being clear about what she exactly offered her fans so everyone here can judge it themselves. The final decision is still yours as this is your contest, of course - but it’s plain rude to shame her reputation as you please like this.

Oh and FYI, before this issue I didn’t even know her fanpage or any other work of her, but I still voted for her - both in this thread and in her original submission thread. It’s just sad to see one of my most favorite entries got disqualified for such a ridiculous reason.

P.S: Also, I’m pretty annoyed by the fact that the staff just went ahead and removed that entry without a proper explanation like it’s no big deal at all~. Though I voted for her before, but I had no idea what happened afterwards until someone else asked the staff about this case in the thread. That’s very, very offensive not only to the artist herself, but also to people who supported her like I did.

7 Likes

I am so glad to know that justice and maturity is still alive amidst toxic community.
Nice knowing you!

1 Like

What Staff_Letitia did was absolutely just and fair.

I can’t make sense where you people think it’s absolutely fair to have nearly 100 votes from accounts that were created after the voting started solely for the purpose of liking that one submission.

I totally agree that GTN’s artwork was absolutely amazing and the real shame is that it had to resort to this kind of activity as it would have most likely been able to place in the competition without the fan votes.

Other people put also hard work into their art and thus this should be fair for all the artists. I think the rule that people only from forums/in-game should be allowed to vote should be something that doesn’t even need to be mentioned, I mean that should be common sense.

:tired:

10 Likes