Tree of Savior Forum

Fanart Contest: In the spirit of fairness

You can trace art if the art being traced is original work. Like… I’m really bad at drawing faces, but I can sculpt a face really easily in zbrush, then I take a render into photoshop and trace linework over the contours and continue working that way.

Anybody looking to try to the same thing (and not willing to dump $400-800 into zbrush or some other software), try using Scupltris as it’s free and fairly easy to use (it’s totally water testing software).

1 Like

tracing your own work is obviously not plagiarism lol, animators do it all the time. Tracing your own photographs are fine too, mangakas and even anime does that. I guess the key word is “your own”

4 Likes

Is it this all over again :haha:

3 Likes

Usually end up deleting plagiarized art in my loadscreens directory too, after they get officially implemented.

At least this time the results aren’t out yet. I mean surely IMC would do something before they announce the result riiiiiight? Well that’s the point of this thread, to see how IMC will act.

2 Likes

This is what I’ve been thinking all this time. If these accused cheaters manage to get away with this, it would be VERY unfair to that person that was disqualified previously. And to be frank, I can’t tolerate that BS.

What I told them last time. As long ANY forum account can vote, expect this kind of abuse to happen every single time. I personally have 3 forum accounts (this one, an e-mail I mistakenly signed-in, and my FB.) I can make more if I wanted to. The thing is there is no way of knowing if these accounts are from actual ToS players, or are just alts or “facebook fans.”

Pretty much. In my experience, any kind of contest with this kind of “user vote” system ends up being a popularity/who-has-the-most-alts contest.

facebook fanclub

Wasn’t the previous entry disqualified because of this? Letitia said last time that this contest is for ToS players therefore only players’ votes should count. But again, there is no way of knowing if the person behind a forum account is an actual ToS player. >u>"

Edit: Just wanted to leave the exact quote from Staff Letitia here.

We really want all the artists to have a fair chance and since the art could become an in-game loading screen it is important that people who are playing TOS and those who check the forums regularly are the ones making the choice.

Full: ([Fan Art Festival] Official Monster Mash Voting Thread! 🎃)

I know it’s common sense but again, I guess it wouldn’t hurt you to be more specific with the rules.

4 Likes

Don’t ya all worry…

7 winners will be pick by votes…
6 will be picked by staff of IMC.
Correct me if Im wrong.
But even, if you don’t have much vote simply think that IMC staff will be the one picking your ART.

well, for example the staff picks Kumagzter because he got removed from top 7 by padded votes, then there will be one less winner from staff pick because someone who should’ve won by votes ends up winning there. The multi account padded entry still manages to win and deny one other artwork from winning

EDIT: or even if kumagzter doesn’t win by staff pick then that just means his entry was denied the vote win directly by multi account padder guy

1 Like

I see, so you mean to say that staffs will still get those art with high votes? Or within the top most votes?

in the previous event they picked outside of top 7 for staff picks

1 Like

Understood thanks tho…
well we see how it goes.

you chucklfcks and your botting!!! No wonder were beaten by the asians even in the art department.

1 Like

[Nov 23 0:00 EST]
Voting period officially ended! No additional sketchy and suspicious movements, as well as no major changes in rankings that affect who will receive prizes so the bullet points above still applies

When exploiting in-game is not enough, they chose to exploit in fan art contest instead. Haha, these ppl are ridiculous.

4 Likes

Thank you for your hard work in making this report @Kihseki.
We will take it into consideration before making the final announcement.

13 Likes

Great investigation!

I found out that those new account names look likely being from Vietnamese guy(s) because in Vietnamese we have the name Nguyen Ngoc Tai (a name for a boy btw). It is the same as other names like nguyenhai (Nguyen Hai). This is totally a shame. Free TP drives people mad and doing shameful thing.

Well the 6. GreenTangerine - 101 [49 + 6 new account votes]. This guy is Vietnamese player too… :tired:

1 Like

I ran across the prime suspect’s FB account (it’s not the actual participant) and he actually advertises and runs bot programs for a living. It wasn’t a joke when I mentioned that, unfortunately.

EDIT: Yes the participant and account duper is vietnamese and they seem to be FB friends (relatives probably). Good thing he started off with making multiple accounts with the same name, it made it obvious that it wasn’t just a bunch of relatives pouring support but instead one person trying to compensate for something.

I see so theres a shout previously on telsial regarding this matter…

#JustIMCthings :woman_facepalming:

Best if IMC could trace the ip address of these new account owner before make any justification

@STAFF_Letitia

1 Like