Tree of Savior Forum

FalconerC3 thoughts

Sap3-Fal3 does fine but plays a little bit differently from the QS3 variant.

I needed more attack power for my QS3 when clearing mobs because even with Kneeling Shot + my DEX, it still feels slower in terms of mob cleanup. In single target situations though (like bosses), I just lay down one or two [Deploy Pavise] and in most cases, that’s enough to root the boss in place and I just pew-pew away.

Jumpy or finicky bosses are not friendly with Sap3 as they tend to waste a lot of your ground skills when they move away. Like the Lv290 boss Lavenzard for example, or Armaos, who not only jumps but also pushes you around a lot.

At the end of the day, when I use Sonic Strike or when my Hawk does it every 5s, it bursts down any target (IIRC my QS3’s SS and auto SS hits for +/- 26K per hit x 6).

Nawp to all. I don’t have Hacka or SR3, I don’t like mounted gameplay in ToS. I have never entered ET.

I solo a lot though, so I guess nawp to most.

Any opinions about A3>Hunter2>Falconer3 build? I’m waiting for the free slot to use the leaf penguin egg, so I didn’t test hunter yet, however both CD and damage seems reliable, and archer base class by itself seems pretty solid (Multishot’s enhanced charging time, Twin Arrows seems useful now, Oblique Shot viable).
I guess it could deal with both single-target damage with the first two classes, and Falc3 would deal with the AoE role. It would have around 150 DEX for some basic ASPD, about 40 points in CON and the rest in STR (this, too, is pure theorycrafting).

I’d trade that Archer C3 for Scout C1. One-circle wonder. Flare Shot works really well with Circling. Fluflu is quite bursty now though just single target but the debuff is good CC for tight mobs. Cloaking is always nice to have. Camou always comes in handy in clutch situations (your Falcon will still auto-attack even when in Camou mode as long as Pre-emptive Strike is up).

You can use skills during Hovering, e.g. Sonic Strike and Pheasant. I always do this if there’s no more enemies in the range of Hovering to get my Falcon out of it. Using those skills will automatically end Hovering.

That’s because the value in the tooltip is affected by your attribute. If you have attribute level 0, it will show 1186%, if you have level 40, it will show 1423% :slight_smile:

I already stated above that I’m planning to get both skills[Hovering and Sonic Strike] at max level and just test which skill is more effective for bossing. That was the whole point, because people said that leaving Hovering at level 1-3 to up Pheasant was a “better” alternative.
The “contest” was just going to be which skill can deal better with a boss.

@white_hand: I’m currently running A3>Hunter2>Falconer2, waiting for some more levels to cap my Falconer xD
Archer C3 is pretty solid damage, the only hindrance is the stupid aiming system and the target lock function that’s total trash [that’s my impression from playing with a controller; if IMC allowed us to configure the controller setting it could be a lot better, especially since the companion riding and target change is not working for me at all…].

Twin Arrows is probably one of the best skills ingame to deal damage, at level 6 with 40% damage attribute you get nearly 3800% damageoutput every 7 seconds with minimum SP consumption. Oblique Shot and Heavy Shot also do nice damage at a certain level, but Multishot is ± garbage. I have it at level 1 and it takes too long to charge and execute [that long skill animation wastes ~2 seconds]& deals bad damage (540% at level 1, 810% at level 10 and 960% at max level).

Just getting Heavy Shot at level 3 provides you with 1280% damage every 10 seconds, and level 10 provides 1835%, which is ± as much damage as 2 overheats of level 15 Multishot.

I think I’ll just reset the point into Heavy Shot to spam as it fits better in my rotation and has a higher possible damage output[Heavy Shot has some hidden damage multiplier (I think it was against plate armor?) of +50% damage; don’t know how it works, but sometimes you see Heavy Shot +50% above the enemies head]. The SP costs of these skills are a joke anyway.

The problem that I have with my rotation is that the Hunter skills interrupt my rotation.
Especially Rush Dog is not really reliable when casting (good thing I only have it at level 1) and often requires several button press attempts, wasting precious time that could be invested into casting other skills.

With my ~200 DEX I can reliably spam all overheat charges from Twin Arrow, Oblique Shot and Heavy Shot within 7-10 seconds, so I mostly never run out of skills (if I do I can just use Full Draw for some defence reduction) to use actively.

Pretty consistent single target DPS, most people just don’t like going Archer3 although I believe that it’s pretty awesome (Kneeling shot 10 and Swift Step 15 help a lot with dodging & clearing trash mobs e.g.) and deals high% for low costs[especially getting 40% on the attributes is pretty cheap, just 3-10m, depending on the skill].

3 Likes

Circling + Multishot is still a thing (one of the few AoE you can throw in there for your build), also Multishot being a rank 1 skill vs Heavy Shot’s rank 2 makes it a bit cheaper to enhance.

Fellow falconers what would you say about wugu/falc? I want Falc 3 (falc 1 currently )
Anyone tested A2>W3>F3 or A3>W2>F3?
Thanks

Guys an important question: for Falc3 (either sapper or QS3) is circling:expand mandatory to max (25m for a full attribute)? if not how much do you guys get it? this attribute itself is hindering me to main a Falc3, because 25m for an attribute could be well spent in any other archer builds and have decent skill power or achieve even higher power than a Falc3 right? How are you guys managing it?

Also, If it’s not that important, what attributes should I focus first?

Circling:expand is most important for falconer3. Without this there’s no difference between falconer12 and falconer3 circling. 25m is cheap compared to mergen’s attribute

25m atribute is nothing … i put almost all i need in max atribute when i change my build qs3>wugu3>mergen to qs3>scout>facl3… very cheap compared with other classes

Well, Wugu is rank 4 so you can only do A3-W2-F3 out of your option.

Tried it, pretty high tick count (great with Blessing around) but also nothing particularly great either.

1 Like

I see, guess ill try it out, im qs3 atm but i’ve also tried sapper 3. Both good at their own style. So far i prefer qs due to the more mobile, rush style. Thanks forma replying!

The Aoe of Multishot is too small to be worthwhile the charging of the skill,though.
During the charging+ skill animation, I can ± put out 5 overheats of Twin Arrows, which have the same hitcount (5 x 2) but higher damage (251-271%, depending if you have the skillgem).

By the way, are you sure that the skill really is a true AoE skill? I disliked it because it seems to be a fake-AoE skill that hits enemies within a certain area, but one arrow hit will always just affect a single enemy that’s chosen randomly, not all enemies within the AoE (similar to how Dievdirbys’ Carve Attack works).

I could be wrong, but this is what I perceived when I used the skill…

The money difference between Heavy Shot and Multishot attribute is so small that you can pay it easily if you’ve got the money to pay the Circling: Expand - attribute.

The only reason to go for Multishot is if you don’t want to have any DEX (not even Ellaganos cards) and the crit chance increment attribute.

As I like to spam skills rather than watching my character charge and fire for like 3-4 seconds, I prefer spending my points on the Archer skills that are spamable.

Multishot is indeed a true AoE, it just has a small hitbox. Aiming helps a lot in that later on at c3.

It being a true AoE combined with circling’s attribute means that it deals more damage the more targets are around. But, I find with the new changes I’m a lot less reliant on it. It used to be my only damage source, that changed with the update.

I’ll probably retake it once they fix the attribute. Right now with damage being that crazy there’s no need for multishot that often.

Are you still talking about the current [multishot]? It charges incredibly fast now.

Multishot will only hit 1 ennemie whitout circling and aim does help to overlap hitbox but won’t help multishot to hit more than one target whitout it.
With circling, multishot will hit everything in is hitbox and that where Aim shine with it.

Yes it is AoE, but like with most AoE it scales with your AoE Attack Ratio, which Archer starts with ZERO, hence unless you use Circling or use some +AoE gear (don’t, you can’t stack enough to be worth while) Multishot won’t naturally hit more than one target.

Just from my experience though, having AoE options is usually better than having higher single target DPS unless your build is meant for single target only (which Falconer is definitely not)

Also, I’m not sure why not wanting any Dex would be a reason FOR Multishot? Sure you can spam those other arrow skills faster with Dex but I don’t think you can’t spam them fast enough to rotate them between their CDs even without it.

Can Falcon use other skills in Circling ? I mea i noticed it kinda uses sonic when i command it but im not sure if it using other skill cancels Circling or Circling stays in effect ?

Hey Sir can i ask you about bracelet too? Sissel or Gladiator band

Hello there. Im kinda new to the falconer class. I wanted to try one because of its AoE capabilities. My char is right now A2 - Sapper3 - Falconer 3, w a Maga Bow +6 w 3 lv5 green gems.
Up until now, my main source of damage has been Broom Trap, and I found my falcon abilities to be useless. But, I know of this new attribute called Circling Expanded, but I don’t understand quite this class works and the synergy between Sapper and Falconer 3. Is it because of every hit one does, there is this new % chance of the falcon attacking? Im unsure on what to do since my budget is not huge. Ive got 10 mil saved and Ive got a Fencer lv320 waiting for his sissels hehe.
All Im asking is some breef explanation on the Falconer 3 class, what skills to use, and its purpose. Sorry for the trouble.

which one is your main char? fencer or falconer?
you should prioritize one of them first.
anyway, with circling: expand there is X% ANY PHYSICAL damage be COPIED(magic/poison not working) to 1 OTHER enemies. For example
your skill has 10k damage
there are 3 enemies under circling named A,B,C
you attack A, it will be copied to B with X% chance, and from B it will be copied to C with X% chance

1 Like