Tree of Savior Forum

FalconerC3 thoughts

I’m sorry, you’ll have to check the whole thread. I don’t have expertice with quarrel shooter.

Even then, I’m inclined to belive since the fix to aiming + caltrops + flying enemies bug, there’s probably no synergy between quarrel and falconer.

@Hexxy As @Composition says, Sonic Strike by itself is a dog poop skill. It only begins shine when you get pre-emptive strike. It essentially becomes free auto strike damage every 5 seconds. This is great because it allows me as a falconer to worry about other things when fighting enemies/bosses.
Now, that isnt to say that Sonic Strikes is totally bad. It has a pretty good attribute that is very effective on non-boss enemies.

I say non-bosses because bosses cannot be blinded.

We should also not forget to mention that there are many ways to increase a pet owners damage.
For instance:

1. Leveling the Pet
  2. Increasing the Pets stats
    http://www.tosbase.com/database/attributes/310015/
  3. Equips on the Pet
  4. Attributes
  5. Equips on the Owner

Yes I know this is more work than normal, but that’s what pet classes are always like. If I had to say, having a circle for your class that requires a pet, that character should be your main character. This is only because you would have to sink more into that character to get similar or better results of your peers.

What I should also mention is that you should not always compare your character to others. There are many ways in this game to get :radioactive: levels of damage that are not available to every class combination.
For instance, when I party with a wizard and rodel, their strike debuffs make me do top tier level damage that always leaves me #1 in damage ranking. But if that same wizard was a pyro, just having an agni necklace is good enough for them to get similar or more damage. Another combination by myself is if the boss is flying type, I just use Snatching and watch the numbers fly.

Oh right, so you know I’m not talking out of my butt, my character is this combination of these circles:

I don’t know what to do with the 16 left over points I have from my Falconer circles…

I’d get hovering to lv 3 to have its attribute.

I also have circling lv 15 just in case, lets be honest, pheasant is not good as a damage skill and why the heck would you want to be over 15 seconds without skills (hanging shot)? and hovering only seems to deal auto attack levels of damage regardless of level.

There’s only circling left…

Anyway, personally I wouldn’t upgrade the hawk stats, that seems like a huge waste of silver, instead I’d keep waiting for them to add another bird, there’s these birds in the database since the beggining of time and we’ve not heard of them from any official medium yet. These other birds hopefully will have weapon slots.

On an unrelated note, in which server do you play? in silute no mague ever uses lethargy, they’ve maxed reflect shield and no point in lethargy!

Hovering is only good if you pvp… Pheasant is good to knock down large mobs that are attacking or stun them if they are resistant to knockdown…Pheasant is TRUE aoe. Hanging Shot is good for people who unfortunately takes qs3 with running shot you wont be attacked by Melee but take additional dmg from missile. And there are hidden mechanics for pheasant as well…

I find hovering to be a great aid when destroying structures, that’s why the attribute would help for that endeavour.

Pheasant, yes it is unlimited aoe, but, it still deals auto attack levels of damage.

Hanging shot, why can’t we use other circles skills <.<? I mean, hunter just whistles and if you’re any other class, well you’re still able to shoot your bow! featherfoot is superior when it comes to flying sob

Despite being a crap skill, you can reach cap and look cool with full draw.

You also can with circling attribute, but it requires to be a flying enemy, Nothing agaisnt boosting damage but that requires a setup in comparison to some skills that have a single button press to be amazing on their own.

We got the short end of the stick until our bird can achieve like 3K or more damage, I’m sad. Hopefully in the next balance talk they touch on falconer, sure is an amazing support, but, we’re a red icon class.

-Edit-

Remember rangarok for a bit, the auto blitz beat divided damage on the targets, while the casted one hit every target for the same damage, we could have something like that here, like perhaps turn sonic strike into a true multihit and have the auto casted one be fake multihit (or eliminate the fake multihits of the game, that’d be awesome, I don’t like having to press f4 to know how much damage I dealt)

Orsha
I’ve just been holding the points since no point in raising Circling’s sp consumption, Hanging Shot is better as 1 point with my build, Pheasant is only good for stun or knockdown, and Hovering tries to attack other things other than whats needed. So I might as well hold on to them since adding them to other skills is more seemingly con than pro.

@Nukella I feel ya, but sadly you can do a lot of broken things with Full Draw. Pheasants not worth more than 1 point in its current incarnation.

I disagree and agree with the circling bit, I’m neutral then?
Yes right now and in the foreseeable future there’s no point in rising circling beyond lv 5, but the sp cost I think it’s alrite for thing you cast once every 34 seconds be it on lv 5 or 15 <- that’s my vision of it atleast.

My major concern with circling, or be it all skills for that matter, is: they get the same resist chance be it a lv 1 or 15 skill, surely if it got better chances of not being resisted at lv 15 it would be more appealing. -and if it lasted longer-

Agreed, but for now its a con.
Mabye in the future they may add some kind of bonus for leveling by adding an some kind of amplification for the Falconer only, to gain bonus damage/crit/ or something else against enemies under circling. That way it would be useful for single target as well as multi-targets.
Think of it like eagle eyes, your hawk showing the weak-points of your enemy/enemies. Of course this becomes exponentially better at higher circle levels.
Heck add it to pre-emptive strike to make it a Falc 3 exclusive bonus. You and your hawk are now one, bonus damage increase to targets your falcon hits with sonic strike or hovering. This also makes hovering more useful since hovering hits more enemies in a quicker succession than sonic strike.

DARE TO DREAM!

There’s this person I know that has 24 AoE Defense.

I maxed circling just because of him.

1 Like

That my friend is a true tank. Respect to him :thumbsup::no_mouth:

Man even if it were too complex to code directly to the skill, they’ve already got an infraestructure to support attributes. So far there’s no reward for carrying a class to c3, there’s only the skills you get. is it enough? your starting skill get more skill level but that doesn’t inherently make them more powerful (there are exceptions).

Attributes on the other hand, they’re game changers. just look at circling’s attribute at c3. and they didn’t add any attribute to c2, and just one to c3. (an attribute for aiming for it to work on flying enemies would be sweet)

The one attribute that I see would make pet classes stronger as they progress through circles would be the obedience one, unlocking additional levels to be purchased through the circles. I mean, at 90% of 600 for a hawk that’d be 500 extra skill damage (if it is truly added to the skill as the attribute says)

Heheh, why would you? He’s the primary target of all aoe skills he in theory should be the first to die. Nevertheless that’s an interesting reason as to why increase circling’s level.

-edit-

Is anyone around him damaged by meteor?

That would be nice, but since we can increase the stats of pets, that would turn broken for anyone with a good silver income. You could essentially just go fun SPR or CON archer and have your pet carry you all the way. Which can be currently done with hunter. :sunglasses: Not optimal though.

AoE Def works weird in PvP. Can’t really tell which the meteor targets first.

But yea, I was super triggered so I just maxed circling.

1 Like

Yes and no~
Yes it would make pet skills scale to inifinity, but upgrading a pet through silver is expensive. they increase the silver cost exponentially, just to increase your pets attack to a 1000 base attack it would take all the silver from everyone across all servers, great system!

I’m a a1-qs3-ro1-fa3 so allow me to chime in.

Yes, fa does have synergy with qs. But rather than “synergy” I would say fa “fixes” qs instead.

As you well know, the qs is basically STD (single target damage in case someone wants to say sexually transmitted disease) with a focus on AA. The closest thing to an aoe it has is [pavise] -> [teardown] and [caltrops] but those are mostly used for their utility. [caltrops] can be used for bosses though due to the usual large boss hitbox.

fa gives 2 things that “fixes” this.

I’ll start with [aiming] (because it amplifies the other 2). [aiming] increases a target’s hitbox (well beyond the purple circle indicator) to the point that all of [caltrops] will hit vs just 1 or 2. [aiming] also allows for each caltrop to hit multiple targets due to overlapping hitboxes. Add in [circling]'s c3 attribute and this is quite a nuke.

[pre-emptive strike] + [sonic strike] ([hovering] if you want the cc) is the next “fix”. This near passive combo provides that which qs doesn’t have, true aoe. It is fairly small, but with [aiming] it becomes very decent. This is however, “useless” for anything you can kill in 1-3 shots (due to [running shot]). A very big con to this is it is fake multi hit.

Lastly you have [hanging shot]. Wuuuuuuuuuuuuut? Yes [hanging shot]. The only skill I know that works while using [hanging shot] is [running shot]. So there’s that.

How do you fare on r8 maps? Do you do enough damage with caltrops/sonic strike to at least somewhat effectively clear out groups? Exactly how much does your Sonic do in particular?

Overall, how do you feel about your AA strength? I’m asking because I was suggested to go Hacka instead (a2>qs3>falc>ranger>hack), so I could have another 3 yellow gems + arrow def debuff. Falc3 just looks more fun though.

Well, my AA’s are at 15k (crit so, meh) at svalphinghas. You have to understand though, these are AA’s with no skill damage to modify it. My auto [sonic strike] is at 12k I think (at 40% att). You are completely dependent on your weapon. I’m still using my DGC. It might get better if IMC lets us use MGC but until then… DGC.

Going fa3 means you are relying on r1-5 for damage. That means prepare to invest on your qs (meaning roid up your DGC). Some guy can probably math out when to switch to silver hawk. Either way, you need a roided up weapon.

Is it enough? For me it is, but I mostly do pre 300 content (because I find “I get nothing” in later content). The high profile “mass production” items are all in this lv range. Stuff like phada, archmage bangle, grynas (can even farm grynas on a lv1 alt), vista cannons (no one wants to buy em though :sob:) etc.

About gems. As weapon damage gets higher and higher, gems become relatively lower and lower in damage contribution. To the point where you see these +15 stage 10 315 weapons start holding green gems again. The meta shifted to “gems for damage” because at the time there weren’t that many of these weapons (on steroids).