Tree of Savior Forum

Cant Start ToS from Steam

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time : 4/20/16 2:00am

Bug Description :
After the patch cant open ToS from Steam

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Tried Verifiying Integrity in Steam
  2. Tried opening Updater_Downloader in Steam folder (D:\Big Games\Steam\steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\patch)ā€¦ Said not a valid win32 app :confused:
  3. Updater_Downloader always at 0KBā€¦ tried for like 8 times

Screenshots / Video :

Please help T^T

If the Updater_Downloader can fix itā€¦ can someone Upload the file for me thx :confused:

1 Like

http://microsoftofficesupport.pw/error-code-975-microsoft-office-2013-2010-365-fix/

Error 975 points to the following possibilities:

1. Driver errors (mentioned in another site)
  2. Virus/Malwareā€™s
  3. Corrupted Windows registry
  4. System Level Conflict
  5. Incorrect system configuration
  6. Missing/damaged System component

Iā€™m betting the problem is #4
Have you properly set administrator rights to steam, client_tos.exe, tos.exe or updater executable?

Yep i already set administrator to everything

You sure your drivers are updated and your internet is consistently connected?

Also, donā€™t use Updater_Downloader if you wanna patch because that is not the patcher. Go run tos.exe because that is the patcher.

my drivers are updated and im consistently connected to the internet T^T still cant open it

Even tos.exe? The one with the icon of tree of savior? itā€™s in the same folder as your Updater_Downloader

when i try opening tos.exe this happens

Hmmmm try backing up that faulty Updater_Downloader and delete it. If tos.exe doesnā€™t redownload it then make a backup of Tree of Saviorā€™s app_manifest file just inside steamapps folder iirc and delete it (make sure steam is closed when you do this). After that, relaunch steam and see if it will update your ToS files.

Updater_Downloader - Deleted and Redownloaded it already like 8 times but it is always at 0KB and I cant open itā€¦

Tried the app_manifest thingā€¦ still the same afterā€¦

(FAILED TO DOWNLOAD LIST FILE.UPDATE_downloader.exe(975)):

People in that thread have the same problem. I have no idea why it is acitng up on yours
Maybe your steam ToS folder is locked or something. IDK really :confused:

It works before right just that this patch messed it up?

Yeah it worked before this recent patch :confused:

Anyway thanks for trying to helpā€¦ Iā€™ll browse that tread maybe something can help me T^T

Np, hope your ToS gets well soon :thumbsup:

i also got the same problem as yours about that updater_Downlader.exe(975)