Tree of Savior Forum

Failed To Download List File , Pls Run As Administrator (HELP PLS)

Things to try:
Adding ToS to the exceptions list of your antivirus
Turning your antivirus off while you launch the game
Running ToS in Administrator mode
Restarting your computer
Reinstalling ToS

The problem you stated is the same problem that I’ve had with Skyrim, I don’t exactly remember what fixed it but I did run through that list.

I had this problem before and this is what i done , my tos is in my antivirus exception and it worked

But somehow its happening again idk why D:

my problem solve it my internet problem , other web can run just tos cant lol , it a bug

Huh i dont understand how did u fix it?

helppppppppppp plssssssssssss T.T

This page might help you. Since you said you can run the game when using vpn, I’m guessing you might be able to fix your problem if you restart your router. Turn it off for a few mins before turning it on again.

Ive seen that thread and actually tried out every method =/

But its still isnt working T.T

I dont have the manual patch updater in my tos file weird =S

And when i use VPN it directly opens the game it doesnt have any patch to download at all

And i did restart my router , in fact i was actually napping earlier with my router off to give it a rest

Theres another thread tht has methods A/B/C/D

Which i tried all and worked 1st then reopening client and im having the same problem again T.T

Though i appreciate ur help tho it means alot when ppl comment suggestion tyvm hope u have a nice day <3

the patch updater is in Steam\SteamApps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\patch\tos.exe
You must be logged in to steam first.

bump, having the same issue here as well. can’t play the game at all the error came out suddenly,

i’ve tried the options in the link,
verified game cache,
redownload the entire game but it all fails. Would be great to get some replies to fix this issue :frowning:

1 Like

I had this problem as well, but for my case is ISP problem.

what I do is:
open VPN
get into the game with it (until your char login)
disconnect the VPN (cause ping sucks)
wait till the game kick you back to the char selection
and select char again

@random19201 so are u opening vpn everytime when u wanna play then disconnect it everytime?

yes, I keep the vpn on until my char login to the game, then disconnect it

the game might freeze for awhile, when it does I just leave it there, and after awhile i’ll be kick back to the char select screen, and i’ll be able to play the game without the VPN running

out of curiosity what are your current internet service providers?

TM streamyx, this kind of problem occurred quite a few times before lol

TM Unifi here lol, i have another guildmate on Unifi and streamyx but they are able to go in without any issues.

have you tried restarting your router?

@random19201 im streamyx too but then tht means ur problem isnt fixed ur always relaying on vpn to log game just to dc it to play ? thts troublesome T.T

yup, done that a few times already, maybe it’s depend on area as well.

@Jaddin just temporary, cause I had this problem in the past as well, usually the problem will be gone the next day :sweat_smile:

haha let’s hope so! i’m eagerly waiting to go in and play as well but this is just upsetting from our ISPs :frowning:

yup, sometimes my maxis broadband will have problem as well, the one that will remove newly download patch for some unknown reason lol :sweat:

but so far none of these problem that I encounter had occur more than 1 day, so just bare with it for 1 day then the next day the problem will be gone

Have you tried manually changing your wifi/lan adapter DNS?