Tree of Savior Forum

Exploit in Miner's Village

Ok, so I was wondering around Miner’s Village and, by now, most of us know about the spots where the Big Red Kepa spawn at; in my opinion, at ridiculous fast rate. So it seems that people are taking advantadge of the fast spawn added to the fact that they spawn at the same place. People are gathering in front of the spot, somehow start auto-attacking and go afk. Needlees to say, it’s an easy way to get a lot of money (as this mini boss drop equipment all the time) and exp.

This should be fixed imho. At least, make the Kapa spawn at different spots. I also don’t know if the fast spawn rate was supposed to be like that, but I think it should be reconsidered.

you benefit far more by not relying on this method.

you gain very little exp doing this and even the raw amount of silver made can lose out to other things

I wouldn’t say the benefits aren’t small. Getting pieces of equipment worth around 200 silver each minute or so is quite a deal, especially when you aren’t even in front of the computer…

200 silver a minute is actually really bad… what I am more concerned about though is the fact that one of the first things someone sees when they start playing, is a bunch of afk people camping a mini-boss :worried:

4 Likes

200 a minute is alot.

Imagine you slept for 8 hours.

200/min x 60 x 8.

You gain 96000 after you wake up, with no effort at all.

Though tbh more than half of the time the eq dropped will not be picked by you.

1 Like

A system that was implemented in some other games I’ve played in the past that had the exact same issue was that if a player were to autoattack for too long, eventually, the animation MOTION of doing the autoattack will still occur but no damage/projectiles would actually come out. Thus, they’d just be sitting there auto attacking for nothing.

There’s no need to change any of the boss mechanics but this method obviously doesn’t stop real botting programs, only autoattack afkers.

Once you level up past level 30, you can find much better places to afk farm silver though… Big Red Kepa is one of the very first monsters of the game. His drops are really not worth a lot.

It’s not just that particular spot, or the amount of silver you get there; is the fact that you can get a profit while not actively playing the game. You could do the same thing in any area crowded with monster, and I don’t think this is good for the game.

I completely agree. It is definitely not good for the game. Something really needs to be done about this before the release. I was just pointing out that the people doing this are not very efficient. Lol.

1 Like

a random spawn location would be better?

1 Like

But there is weight system.
You cant pick more item if it too heavy.
And if i remember correctly a equipment weight should be around 200.

Didnt see much problem but yes. I agree that miniboss should have more randomly spawn range.

That’s a paltry amount of silver. Before even reaching 100 you’ll be vending things worth 10-20k alone in bulk whenever you return to town. And then you’ll turn around and spend 150k on skill upgrades or item upgrading.

this is how much you can get in no more or less than 12min including around 200-300 pieces of 2 kinds of leaf (those garbage) can b used to enhance your GEMS to level 4 in no time. the amount of items untill you been overweight and your inventory will no longer accept anything, you will earn around 20-30K silvers… that’s every 12 min as long as your character has an AOE mass murdering those mob in one shoot. …

Note : the 12min style only works that fast by jumping to channels once you murder all of the mob on your current channel… don’t wait for them to respown… jump as … murder them, loot everything switch channels over and over.

I got my first achievement here 10k monster title [hunter] in less than 4hours and almost have done the 10k overkill achievements too. I have easily created over around 700k silver and use it to upgrade my skill attributes to up the highest I can get. (well after that everything is easy from lvl 30-75 since I can buy anything I want on the market to make sure I’m powerful enough for the any quest.

3 Likes

then your inventory hits full and you cant loot anymore.

In my opinion, this kind of thing is common specially if you are a ragnarok player in the past. you know that this is some kind of silver making place, but … yes it can be abuse but spending time farming is part of the game and as your character leveled up the higher your cost of living too. (well I’m at lvl 60+ now and enhancing your weapon cost you around 25k each, pots cost is getting higher attributes cost getting higher… everything…)

I believe the market of TOS is balanced and this place is for helping noobs gets money for their next adventures. once you pass lvl 40 you wont go back at kepa to farm unless you are in an emergeny situation where you are totally bankrupt and need to quick cash to buy atleast potions haha

2 Likes

This is happening in other maps as well. This may become a hindrance if every high leveled player decides to clutter lowbie maps with afk autoattacking and keeping low leveled players from having access to content.

this is not a exploit

20characters

Good. Was going to post a video about this. Hope they fix it…i mean cmon we are in beta and ppl are already exploiting this things…

Yes, please randomize their spawn locations. People are abusing this with simple macros.

one would need to be really in deep to resort to that kind of thing at that point

but hey, it was kind of funny messing around with people just leaving a paper weight on their z key on top of the general place they spawn by hitting the kepa with zaibas and dragging it outside their range