Tree of Savior Forum

Dpk more difficult than before?

@STAFF_Yuri Thank you for your effort for the interview, it is really helpful.

However, the new system is way worst than the original system.

Let’s not talk about numbers but let’s talk about the time needed to farm 1 material.

In the original system, 1 hour was required to lock for 1 material, 1 hour you hold your breath and do your homework, you got 1 material, job done. All you need to do is to pick an empty channel and be silence about it.

But with the new system, i often have to lock down 2-3hrs for 1 material farming. According to the blog and my personal experience, getting drop at 800-1000 is happening more frequent than an easy drop to balance the average.

2-3 hrs non-stop farming is going to chase players away.

I consider myself really tolerant to farming and most of the time I find it more fun than doing dailies. I’ve farmed 12 orange weapons, 5 for myself and others to the guildies , and I’m on top 3 of the most of the orange-material-monster kill count in Klaipeda and I can tell you that 2-3 hrs lock down is too much. I have ever since refused to farm for any further requests from my guild.

This needs to be adjusted, if the devs want the value of 1 materials to worth 800-1000 DPK, that is understandable, but you have to make it bound personally and so I can farm for an hour and take a break and continue on later. Locking down long hours for material farming is not a good mechanism, it only chase players away, please understand that.

2 Likes

We have no way of confirming it 100% without positive results from staff and confirmation of those results. The problem is that publishers have varying degrees of autonomy to alter aspects of the game(costumes, custom events, dropratrs, exp, etc…). This is further compounded by changes that were made to iTOS that were reverted on updates to match kTOS.

The last is likely the case since it doesn’t seem like there are many native English staff that would be directly responsible or capable of altering the code once uploaded to the server. Partially, this is to limit the likelihood of source code leaks.

The biggest problem in IMC’s policy is they try to curve unfavorable behavior(bots,rot,hacks) so extremely that it majorly hurts the gaming expierence for normal players, and only only results in minor impacts on innappropriate use. This is evidenced from vague trade restrictions, market access to new accounts, removal of trade shops, taxes on service shops, the Reaper on maps where one person was afk causing collateral legit players grief, etc…

There will always be abuse and exploits. Measures will be taken to halt these actions. However, normal players will be caught in the crossfire, and exploiters will move on elsewhere. and IMC seems to forget that.

1 Like

Another point that ties to my post and your arguement, is that this is what incentivizes botting.

In fact, this is also the basic premise of the law of supply.

If you set an artificially high amount of time spent to aquire something, people will have to evaluate wether the time spent playing the game is worth the risk of paying real currency to aquire that item. The further you artificially lower the supply, you create a greater loss to both the players as the market is willing to pay exponentially more for what is available, this further makes a loss that no one gets, and you also give some of what you would of made off of subscriptions/shop items to RMT and botters.

Think about it. If someone makes $10an hour, and you are making a system where it take 14 hours to farm that item, you are essentially telling someone that they need to choose between one item in your game and $140. If that time spent isn’t fun or is less enjoyable than work, eventually a player will either quit or resort to automated bots or RMT.

There is a silver lining. If people are botting or buying RMT they find other aspects fun and these players can be retained and incentivized to play legitimately by reducing the burden. This can be lower drop rates, guaranteed rewards, or making it more enjoyable.

@STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Max

Edit: if you want a prime example look at RO. Some good cards were from very low level monsters that gave no expierence and very few players would farm mindlessly to get them. So bots were made, it increased the supply in the market, prices lowered, and players were happy. However, Gravity lost out, and if the simply slightly raised the drop rates, the could of accomplished the same thing, and gained the benifit that the botters would of gotten if they hadn’t.

If you want the most secure game in the world, unplug it from the internet and let no one play it…what’s the point in that?

1 Like

I feel disappointed as well. :sweat: @STAFF_Yuri Thank you for making this post and sharing it!

However I feel like this dpk is not only a problem at high levels. Even at lower levels when farming for the new hunting grounds cubes the drop chance is really low.
I also really dislike the map based dpk. HG 190 and 210 drop the same cubes (170) and we got them more often from 190 where the DPK is higher as a part since there were no other players in any other channel. However getting only 1 cube in an hour at that low level due to all the other cubes going to other parties in other channels was very discouraging.

Also, the previous system was a little unfair, no? If Player A is trying to get an item from a monster with a 500 DPK rate and they get to 499 kills, but Player B comes along and kills the last one… Well, Player B gets the item and all of Player A’s hard work is put to waste. We want to avoid this problem with the new system.

It’s still unfair when both Player A and Player B farm in different channel, both investing a lot of time. The other just happens to pull the longer straw and keeps getting more drops while the other gets barely none. It’s not fair. :sweat:

3 Likes

AFAIK KTOS and JTOS still have the previous DPK system. Our server is special because some people wanted to changed the 1st DPK system.

To RNG.

Not the bullshit DPK system we have now.

2 Likes

I think the dev when they said there is no stealing at all is because drops are independent with other channels. Only the condition is shared, then the item will drop not once but for every channels out there. People jump into conclusion that only 1 item will drop after you hit the DPK. Before the full implementation, DPK items actually drop 3x after you hit the mark, they changed this because they probably saw it was abusable. its actually bad if youre alone in the whole channel because you have to hit the DPK by yourself instead of having help from other players.

I really don’t understand why we can’t keep the droprates that came with the first Hunting Grounds patch.

Why is IMC giving us nice things then taking them away

2 Likes

Stop spreading lies. They have the same system as us.

1 Like

Only Ktest AFAIK. Unless youre playing in those servers and can confirm with the patch notes.

https://pastebin.com/U2a99QTm

KTOS has the same drop system, JTOS as well.

1 Like

I see, they also implemented the top-down weeks ago after months of being released here. I bet koreans and japs are scratching their head now because they got what they didnt asked for in the first place.

we tell them that we hate dpk what imc does is implent dpk in hunting grounds :innocent:

1000 dpk for a chest that gives random armor or weapon… oooooookay…

50% more drop? i just think that more players farming in believe the dpk is better, but as a result it is disappointing.

Well, i would say top down dpk is a good initiative but it is not perfect. Developer intended to replace Original 500 DPK with Top Down DPK 100-1100, which believe the average drop would be equals.
If the formula is 100*1/(DPKGenerated-KillCount)%, the below chart is actually what happened.

The difficulty to farm when High DPK generated compare to Low DPK generated is exponential and not linear, it yield extreme result same as previous atk-def system, hence this is why player feedback it is getting difficult. The only real “droppable chance” actually is just fall behind of the last 200, the upfront farming is very very meaningless. I also prefer Diablo-3 liked drop mechanic, although it is random stats but at least you feel happy when you see something in some comfortable duration of farming,

First Problem, the generated dpk range is within 100~1100? You will know how frustrated when u get the mat at 1000+ after farming 3h in the midnight. IMO 300~700 would be a fairer range, where estimated 1-2h for each mats.

Second, the Orange 315 recipe are not fair.

Why 2H Spear require much easier farming compare to said Mace/1H Spear? 2H Spear need 12 of DPK (Green Charog Horn) items while 60 Low Drop % (Green Walker Charcoal Horn), and they are on the same maps! I could tell you I can get 5 of Green Walker Charcoal Horns per hour, which resulted 122h + 60/5h = 36 hours of farming.
While Skull Smasher I need 72 DPK items which resulted in 72
2=144h of farming! This is insane number, TOS should not focus on sink player’s time with boring and tedious content, but instead more of fun various content.

7 Likes

I prefer 72 DPK with uber stats than waste 2 practoniums for a shitty 2handed-spear. If IMC actually give the stats of 2handed-spear to Skull Smasher and clerics cant use Skull smasher+shield, this game would be a little more balanced.

You wont be able to achieve 50% more drops if people are disappointed and not farming.

This is a great illustration of just a small DKP value and how bad it can be. I. Cannot stress enough how this will discourage players and destroy any large increase in the playerbase when it comes to hunting grounds 10,000 to 20,000 DKP cubes.

Personally. I think I am done now with this game. I love the concept, and the recent push to revamp ranks and skills, but items are also a core part of any RPG, and I just can’t abandon my family, work, and everything else to play a game like this encourages. The concept that you can spend 4+ hour sessions at a time and not even obtain one part of an item or one chance at a cube that has RNG in both item type and quality(hunting ground cubes) is just too much anymore.

1 Like

1000 dpk is for >BLUE< weapons. 500 dpk for blue armor.

Now purple? 20k for weapons and 10k for armor.

This DPK system on the HG is absolutely insane! Right now in the Silute server, a small crystara is almost 1kk. A pajoritas dagger is 3kk… they said they want to improve the chance of the players to get better/new weapons but this is the opposite…

its really sad to see these kind of changes in the system drop. Before this patch, everyone had the chance to get the item they want by simple going to the map and killing the specific mob… now, its ridiculous. They need to consider the people that cannot spent 15 hrs straight online just farming a cube to get a random thing. Cubes are slowly killing ToS.

The impossible RNGesus mystic cube to get one Prac., now the recipe that only drops from a guild event… I hate those limitations so much…I really try to understand what they want to do with this game. Why create this kind of item that can only be drooped if you get lucky! This is the favorite item for the RMTs.

3 Likes

Now everyone in every channel is my enemy and my super deluck says if someone appears anywhere I lose my dpk. Everything about the new patch is cool apart from that it dumpstered my Skull Smasher and I need to farm a heart. Plus this now.

I say it blunt: Screw you IMC.

2 Likes

IMC keeps shooting themselves in the feet. Took them more than a year to get rid of the old combat system, maybe needs another year to fix the loot system?

1 Like