Tree of Savior Forum

Dpk more difficult than before?

Grape mentioned how @STAFF_Yuri may be posting the info today.

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved:
IMC: ‘to post or not to post’

1 Like

Hahaha sorry @Fuwaro now its up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yuri: I see. I see. Then can you tell me – when does this top-down system reset?
P: Haha! When the item drops, of course! :smiley:

Y: It’s a secret but… it’s bound map-wise. For example, if there is a monster with 500 DPK on Map Z and User A kills 100 monsters on channel 1 while User B kills 100 monsters on channel 2, both players have a 1/300 chance of an item drop.

If it’s map-wise and it resets when the item drops, if I’m farming on channel 1 and a lucky guy enters channel 2, kills a mob and gets the drop, that screws me more than before.

At least you could switch channels and hope no one entered, with that system you can’t be safe anywhere.

4 Likes

Thanks @STAFF_Yuri for keeping your word !
Nice interview, we would have like a bit more formula and numbers, but yeah at least we know how it works channel wise now !

oh, it’s mean if we unlucky, we’re farming for other guys in other channel, nice system :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you so much @STAFF_Yuri

But there is a problem that 500 mobs for 1 item of 100 is still insane…
I can understand an Equipment (weapon, armor, accessory), but not this way…
DPK is good if isn’t sharable.

And, yes, it is true that the drop number has become higher but, when looking at the data, the actual drop rate has increased about 50%. For example, in the previous formula… let’s say DPK is 500. This means you must kill 500 monsters to get an item. But with the new formula, each time you kill a monster starting from 1/500, the drop chances increase.

Okay, so, we can confirm that the devs don’t actually know how their own drop system works if they think the rate has increased by 50%. Good to know.

7 Likes

It’s pretty hard to argue with “we looked at the logs and 50% more items dropped than before.”

1 Like

WTF!!! DPK shared between channels and diferent players?? the developer is insane?? so i can farm in chanel 1 and the player in chanel 2 can get my drop??
why can’t made DPK personal??
@STAFF_Yuri

4 Likes

yeah idk why they dont make dpk system based character, it’s solved anything lol

That isn’t what I read at all. They don’t actually talk about number of items dropped, I interpreted ‘the data’ as them looking at the new formula, since that’s what they go on to talk about. But “With the new formula your droprate starts at 1/500 and the drop chance increases” is wrong from everything we’ve observed, because the DPK values have increased dramatically, so it’s not starting you off at 1/500 but more like 1/5000.

Now, in THE FIRST WEEK, there were definitely more drops happening. This leads me to suspect that we got yet another undocumented iToS only patch that ■■■■■■ our droprates, while kToS kept the increased rates, and that’s why the devs are saying droprates have increased.

1 Like

Oh dang…i’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope the devs mean “it’s 1/300 for both of them but if one gets the drop, the other doesn’t reset. You’re helping each other out by farming at the same time!”

…or am I being too optimistic?

1 Like

Because this is suppose to be an MMO, not a solo game.

You are being too optimistic :smile_cat:
In hindsight, I can now understand why I didn’t get my drops on an empty channel (people were on ch1, I was on ch2).
I’m not going to farm anything until this system gets changed. Not that I don’t want to help others, but it has to be a choice of mine and not a result of a damn bad drop system (probably one of the worst I’ve ever seen).

1 Like

@STAFF_Yuri

The problem with the “improved top down DKP” is that it doesn’t work the way you guys apparently think. If a DKP value is 500 the first item is 1/500, next is 1/499, 1/498 etc… the problem with changing the denominator(bottom value) is that you are making a drop initially 0.2% chance to drop, and at 1/250 it’s 0.4% chance to drop. So you won’t see a meaningful drop chance until you get within 10 kills of the DKP value 1/10 for example.

Now, when you increased DKP numbers you only make it where people still have to kill until DKP is within 100 of the max. If the DKP is 10,000 you start at 0.01% chance, 5,000 kills only double your chance to 0.02% chance and so on until you get within 100 of the DKP value.

This is further compounded if it is indeed shared in a map, as you have no idea if the item dropped on another channel, and since it is DKP, you are literally wasting your time if you cannot dedicate the time to kill up to that number WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR COMPETITION.

For example, if DKP is 10000 and 20 mobs are killed every 30 second, that means an item will drop around the 4 hour mark. Now, that is per map, without considering unknowns about when values reset. What if you get disconnected, channel crashes, maintenance, have to step away for 30 minutes, etc…

I hate the DKP system, it encourages unhealthy behavior for the player and the community. It literally means that someone can (intentionally or accidentally)steal your effort. This encourages bullying of players and incentivized “DKP stealing”.

If you just have percent chances it doesn’t matter how long you can stay on without break, when the server reset, calculating when a drop is likely to occur, etc… you just play the game.

5 Likes

Thank you for your efforts, @STAFF_Yuri ! i appreciate it a LOT.

(Now to the pitchfork part. )

What Aegrus mentions is the exact reason this system is “worse” compared to the previous “dpk on channel” system.

It’s not about the amount of items that drop, but the satisfaction the players get when obtaining the item. When this information was unveiled the first thing i got were sorrys from my friend who was using my Squire shop and hunting on a different channel that day i got 4 hours straight without a drop.

See that? What is the logic applied to make scenarios like that possible. It wont be someone competing for a channel anymore, but everyone competing for the MAP itself. This just makes it worse.

Once again, thank you Yuri.

4 Likes

I feel dirty now. IMC doesn’t want us to have friends!

edit: At least now the numbers add up. Thanks for the information, Yuri!

1 Like

@STAFF_Yuri

the idea of farming is that your effort should be compensated, instead in tree of savior your effort are compensating others, your dev implemented the worst farming system of any mmorpg

3 Likes

Is our DPK system the same as jtos and ktos?