Tree of Savior Forum

Dpk more difficult than before?

Stop spreading lies. They have the same system as us.

1 Like

Only Ktest AFAIK. Unless youre playing in those servers and can confirm with the patch notes.

https://pastebin.com/U2a99QTm

KTOS has the same drop system, JTOS as well.

1 Like

I see, they also implemented the top-down weeks ago after months of being released here. I bet koreans and japs are scratching their head now because they got what they didnt asked for in the first place.

we tell them that we hate dpk what imc does is implent dpk in hunting grounds :innocent:

1000 dpk for a chest that gives random armor or weapon… oooooookay…

50% more drop? i just think that more players farming in believe the dpk is better, but as a result it is disappointing.

Well, i would say top down dpk is a good initiative but it is not perfect. Developer intended to replace Original 500 DPK with Top Down DPK 100-1100, which believe the average drop would be equals.
If the formula is 100*1/(DPKGenerated-KillCount)%, the below chart is actually what happened.

The difficulty to farm when High DPK generated compare to Low DPK generated is exponential and not linear, it yield extreme result same as previous atk-def system, hence this is why player feedback it is getting difficult. The only real “droppable chance” actually is just fall behind of the last 200, the upfront farming is very very meaningless. I also prefer Diablo-3 liked drop mechanic, although it is random stats but at least you feel happy when you see something in some comfortable duration of farming,

First Problem, the generated dpk range is within 100~1100? You will know how frustrated when u get the mat at 1000+ after farming 3h in the midnight. IMO 300~700 would be a fairer range, where estimated 1-2h for each mats.

Second, the Orange 315 recipe are not fair.

Why 2H Spear require much easier farming compare to said Mace/1H Spear? 2H Spear need 12 of DPK (Green Charog Horn) items while 60 Low Drop % (Green Walker Charcoal Horn), and they are on the same maps! I could tell you I can get 5 of Green Walker Charcoal Horns per hour, which resulted 122h + 60/5h = 36 hours of farming.
While Skull Smasher I need 72 DPK items which resulted in 72
2=144h of farming! This is insane number, TOS should not focus on sink player’s time with boring and tedious content, but instead more of fun various content.

7 Likes

I prefer 72 DPK with uber stats than waste 2 practoniums for a shitty 2handed-spear. If IMC actually give the stats of 2handed-spear to Skull Smasher and clerics cant use Skull smasher+shield, this game would be a little more balanced.

You wont be able to achieve 50% more drops if people are disappointed and not farming.

This is a great illustration of just a small DKP value and how bad it can be. I. Cannot stress enough how this will discourage players and destroy any large increase in the playerbase when it comes to hunting grounds 10,000 to 20,000 DKP cubes.

Personally. I think I am done now with this game. I love the concept, and the recent push to revamp ranks and skills, but items are also a core part of any RPG, and I just can’t abandon my family, work, and everything else to play a game like this encourages. The concept that you can spend 4+ hour sessions at a time and not even obtain one part of an item or one chance at a cube that has RNG in both item type and quality(hunting ground cubes) is just too much anymore.

1 Like

1000 dpk is for >BLUE< weapons. 500 dpk for blue armor.

Now purple? 20k for weapons and 10k for armor.

This DPK system on the HG is absolutely insane! Right now in the Silute server, a small crystara is almost 1kk. A pajoritas dagger is 3kk… they said they want to improve the chance of the players to get better/new weapons but this is the opposite…

its really sad to see these kind of changes in the system drop. Before this patch, everyone had the chance to get the item they want by simple going to the map and killing the specific mob… now, its ridiculous. They need to consider the people that cannot spent 15 hrs straight online just farming a cube to get a random thing. Cubes are slowly killing ToS.

The impossible RNGesus mystic cube to get one Prac., now the recipe that only drops from a guild event… I hate those limitations so much…I really try to understand what they want to do with this game. Why create this kind of item that can only be drooped if you get lucky! This is the favorite item for the RMTs.

3 Likes

Now everyone in every channel is my enemy and my super deluck says if someone appears anywhere I lose my dpk. Everything about the new patch is cool apart from that it dumpstered my Skull Smasher and I need to farm a heart. Plus this now.

I say it blunt: Screw you IMC.

2 Likes

IMC keeps shooting themselves in the feet. Took them more than a year to get rid of the old combat system, maybe needs another year to fix the loot system?

1 Like

I’ve actually gave up on everything related to DPK, be in HG or Orange. I will stick with Practo Purple weapon until Rank9 which is hinted might coming soon in 3-5months. R8 top items might devalue soon, I hope they don’t screw R9 itemization.

I will just use most silvers to update attribute for some really good skills, buy cards to equip on slots, and spend a bit money to upgrade armors. This way i’m more enjoying the game

1 Like

@STAFF_Yuri

Just to illustrate how bad the system is:
We decided to farm the new hunting ground with Friends. We have a corsair3 as our group leader to optimize our loot chances.
We killed nearly 3K monsters without having a single loot (no blue/purple cubes). To add insult to injury, the silver drop rate is insanely bad (100K for those 3K monsters :scream: ).

This has been clearly developed by a team that really hates players :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

5 Likes

>apply new patch

>player growth

>bad reception

>apply new patch again

>player growth

2 Likes

I want IMC to know, the upgrade and transcendence daily already feel very hectic. We don’t want anymore GreatGrindWall / RNGesus / DPKing set as a blockage on players path.

Yes, IMC can go with RNG on slot count or even special random attribute during appraise, but just not screw players with the drop rate.

I got an hour ago a purple 315 cube (https://tos.neet.tv/items/800016) after farming for hours on ch 1 and well… got a “crappy” cloth armor that gives 14 SPR. I got to say that it’s super frustrating that you can’t reroll the cube considering that, generally, people farm in groups. These Elite mobs are really annoying and their reward most of the time is garbage silver that doesn’t cost the supplies wasted to kill that “Elite mob”. I mean, these mobs will use stop on you, blind you, drain all your SP, knock you down, summon 6 mobs, and just for 700 silver LOL…

1 Like

If we stick in this crazy path that IMC is going rigth now we can consider that for the R9 the weapon are gonna cost 3 Prac, 1 new super rare item, 90 DPK random items from a new mob with 3k DPK count. Please @STAFF_Yuri let the dev team be aware of these feedbacks. We hate the fact that you guys make us HATE another player just for being in the map with us.

And please bring back the old drop system for the HG or at least make the DPK count for a weapon not be 20k but 200.

1 Like

Only 3 pract? It will be 6 Pract, 90 Artilonium and 800 mat with 3000 dpk.

2 Likes