Tree of Savior Forum

Dpk more difficult than before?

Having 16020 kills for 45 tails means an average of 356 mobs killed per 1 drop, so even assuming you always doubled the drop with swell body (and it’s safe to assume you didn’t double every single one, right?) it still means 1 tail every 712 monsters killed, I see nothing wrong there, the OLD dpk number was somewhere around 450-650 monsters killed for one, so assuming it isn’t changed (even tho I think it is) you’re just slightly above the average, nothing wrong there related to the dpk system per se imho.

Also, take into consideration while reading above that I assumed you successfully swelled every single drop, and with the current system being so unpredictable it’s a very hard thing to do compared to the old one, so if we tweak the numbers a bit and presume you doubled only half of them the average goes even lower than the previous old dpk value.

I’m currently farming the same monsters for my second orange weapon (I finished my Astra Bow months ago) and i’ve noticed that even if sometimes I get one at 800+ monsters killed, sometimes I get one as low as 100 monsters killed, it still averages 450 in my book, so: yeah, farming orange materials is a huge pain in the ass, but it’s nothing out of this world if you consider that before the balance patch, most of these weapons were better than Solmiki’s and they don’t require you a 5man setup running every day for X weeks/months (and even post patch, they still remain insanely good).

To all the guys here complaining (not talking to you obviously) I can only say you should get to it IF you really want it, or stop complaining, you really are not cut for things such as these and you shouldn’t even pretend to be.
If you don’t like games were heavy grinding is involved, clearly ToS has never been the game for you! Sorry if this may sound rude (it surely does) but this games has always been like this, farm/grind heavy, and even tho I myself still complain sometimes about it, you need to accept that’s the nature of this game and if it’s not to your liking or if it’s not fit to your gaming schedule, then you need to accept this and move one, you can’t ask to change the game entirely to fit your tastes.

2 Likes

MMO no longer have the luxury to be hardcore.
Because there are a lot games and the funniest one take a big community.
What means “funniest”?
Funniest is a no stress game: I log in, I farm, I drop what I farmed in few hours, and log out for a day.
No sense to spend an entire day/hours for nothing.
This game should be:

• I want to do the Orange Weapon, I have to farm (for example) 100 materials
  • drop 10 materials in X time
  • log out
  • drop another 10 materials
  • log out

Now the game is:

• I have to farm 100 materials
  • farm an entire afternoon for 1 or 2 materials
  • log out
  • unistall the game

This is my point of view…

13 Likes

Its the best weapon in the game (not taking Solmiki in consideration). While you farm you get money to buy more mats from market as well.
(For example, 3 runs dg 170 with thauma, gets you a granted 315 weapon material in much less time, every day, think about it)

seems the dossier is up but once again no mention on drop rate fixing. The promised system is not working there is no personal dpk the chances arent increasing the more we kill a mob. What are the asnwers you are promising.

DPK is worse than before. You cant predict when it will drop anymore, cant even call a thaum as before because i dont know if it will drop in the next 30 minutes or 2 hours.

4 Likes

They can’t even explain the drop rates how will you comprehend with that?

1 Like

We’re having internal discussions about making things more clearer with as few miscommunications as possible. Since this is One of the biggest pillars supporting the RPG genre. - and this means there will be a lot of ppl will be interested - and we don’t want a too vague answer for it. - as long as it’s not ‘restricted’ So, I’ve conducted series of feedback between the team with this one. Sorry for keep waiting. right now, I am waiting for a final answer - which I can’t speak at this moment what is it - and approval. But I will see this article posted on the Dev Blog.

10 Likes

that’s the holy truth of mmorpg nowadays

No problem, at least you are alive that’s good :smile:

We know things not gonna be clear and almost sure people gonna proves system isn’t working as intended (if intended at all). However it’s already a big step there’s some communication !

1 Like

Again, I don’t wanna sound like an elitist jerk or something, but this game has been like this since the very start, it didn’t suddenly became like this when orange materials for the weapons were introduced, so no one is forcing you to play the game nor you can enforce your point of view on the devs or other players that are currently playing the game, just move on a game that better suits your taste or gaming schedule, it’s simple as that.
But if you want to keep playing then you have to accept this is not a game where in two days you can have your “end game” weapon, and honestly I’m glad it’s not like this, because that’s the very reason some players play games “hard core” like this.

Currently I farmed/been farming two of the most time expensive weapons in the game (due to number of materials required, time involved, etc) and you don’t see me here complaining about how they should change the game to better fit my gamestyle and my gaming hours, I just accepted that I can’t afford to play 10 hours a day but I need to work with whatever time I have at hand day by day, and I started farming little by little, step by step and that’s how you get things done.

If you waste time complainings on the forums that this game doesn’t let you get what you want in just a few days, again, this is not the game for you and it probably has never been.

The purpose of this thread is not about collecting people’s complainings, it’s about to understand if the new drop system has been applied correctly like they said or if there is something not working properly, and having a final answer about this issue.

1 Like

That’s why the average is slowly down [cit.]
Since they ■■■■■■ the drop system I don’t play like before.
I log in only to do dungeons, and guess what? There are 20 player on Fedimian Server to do Siaulai (I stayed in queue for 2hrs and nothing)
[now there are 13 player in Siaulai Queue] :blush:.

I played a lot of games, and I was an hardcore player until last year.
In Tree of Savior I farmed everything for 2 people (me and my boyfriend who work too much).
I know what hardcore means, but, as I’ve said before, MMORPG sprout like mushrooms and there are a lot of MMORPG. That’s why no one must be hardcore.
The no stressful take all the community.

I think I’m not wasting time since (as I’ve said before) I was hardcore player and I played a looooooot of MMORPG.[quote=“RyogoKusama, post:344, topic:353563”]
and having a final answer about this issue.
[/quote]

This is a ■■■■■■■ issue.
I’m not complaing since I’m not writing “stupid IMC” and something like that.
Who wrote this is complaing.
I’m writing about this DPK that isn’t working and explain what community wants from a game.
If you have a lot of time to spend over here: good for you.
But who’s left the game and who’s writing here (like me) don’t have the time but they like the game.

If I like Tree of Savior, why I should quit?
This is a defect of the game and I hope they “fix” it.

5 Likes

I agree with you…
Even you can see that the recipe is also RNG.
To acquire that you need artillonium which is also seldom drops on 290dgn.
Reroll =500silvers
The practonium (geezz practonium) that has a bad flawed system to acquire.
Okay…
Lets say you dis manage to get the weapon/armor.
It doesn’t stop there.
You need to make 2/3 holes to fit gems.
Gems… of course you need gems which is higher than level 7 (315-330 ofcourse why would you put level 6 below)
Enhancements… you need more silvers to enhance
Transcendance you need shards/blessed gems.

See after that hellish materials then you go to another thing.

Im not saying that they need to 100percent drop materials or so… be it more sensible.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I recently wrote to another guy in another thread to refrain from posting on the forums and expecting people to understand since most are only butthurt crybabies but then I went and I did the very same mistake.
I even tried to be civilzed at first but it simply seems not possible.

I give up, you are completely right, the game should change in whatever way it better suit your own tastes and playtime.
There are many new MMOs being delivered every day and it’s not you, who don’t like the game anymore (but still says otherwise), who should move on to a “better” place, but it’s totally me and guys like me that should.

Ok.

Alright. Thanks a ton for talking with the team about this.

According to the developer, tree of savior is a casual game.
I do not see anything casual in a game that takes you 1 month playing 24/7 to collect items from a weapon.
I think you should make it easier to drop material items for practonium weapons

1 Like

Dont look for more time yuri, i have the solution for you and this problem, it’s called RNG :slight_smile:. Make every drop rng and everyone will be happy

Do you prefer to solo?

RGN in all itens is the best option I think, I hope one day imc make it

1 Like

You know, compared to games like Tera, grinding end game gear in ToS is like a walk in the park (nothing wrong with that, since ToS is a casual game).
Still, Tera never left you “empty handed” after hours of farming (PVP, alliance quests and whatever).
Here you can literally farm for hours and get nothing because a random walks in, gets lucky and “steal” your drops.
That’s not grinding, that’s punishing players that actually grind.

5 Likes

I’m just afraid that if they realize that with RNG you can drop an item at first try or virtually never they will “Balance” it. Like putting a 2% factor on uosis.

Because Tera has more content that they don’t need to rely on having the player farming a single weapon for the rest of their lives.

1 Like