Tree of Savior Forum

Dpk more difficult than before?

FeelsBadMan

IMC hates all your spam about DPK so here comes a even lower drop rate “RNG” system

2 Likes

So is this all about the desire sensor? Damn…

You may want to install DPKHelper or keeping monster kills records in any kind of way, because I farmed my Astra Bow just fine: I dropped some antennas before the drop rate change, some with the temporary method and what was left after they implemented the last one, I never went past 650-700 kills for a single drop and with the new system it’s THAT much easier to be honest.

So either someone stole your loot or you didn’t notice it dropping behind some huge trees since we still have this annyoing bug that doesn’t let us see our character behind map structures…

i just left TOS, this DPK thing consumes so much lifetime at the point that i don’t enjoy the game, is more a torture trying to get the equip

farming things should be somthing fun, with these changes the game just become a chore, not even mention the rng behind the recipes of the equip, bye again TOS after 2000 hours of playtime

3 Likes

I just finished (another) test on wizard bracelet: 1260 kills, 0 drops, channel was empty.
For the sake of completeness, yesterday I got one in 2500 kills.
They either increased the dpk values thinking that with the new system items/mats would drop like rain or the new system doesn’t work like it should/is bugged.

Hunting Grounds update was the first time in a long time ToS didn’t feel like a chore to me

2 Likes

Honestly it was my first thought too, I think they may have reworked some values taking into account the cumulative chances you get the more kills you do, this will actually explain some high numbers on a lot of dpk items some players experienced.
To be completely honest in the last weeks, my kill count never went that high while farming orange materials or wizard bracelets/dawn crystals but I don’t doubt what other players are experiencing at all, I just wanted to give my input on it since so many people want to give up farming for their items.

Anyway, either the values went up or sometimes it bugs out somehow, and tbh this last scenario wouldn’t surprise me at all if we take into account what company we are talking about…

This is nothing lol, I killed 1731 Green Carog for a single horn drop

You are just lucky, I have been hunting orange mats like forever (hunting for my guildies), Since the new system fully implemented, I’ve gotten drops rate from as high as 1992 to as low as 24. You can feel the scale down is working but the highest price for it is frustrating.

The average drops rate i’m getting is pretty close to the original system where you have a sure drop between 450 - 650. Sometimes if i’m unlucky, i get series of 700 dpk numbers and the average drop rate is way lower than the original system.

This is really bad, we used to be able to get out of the map for 450 -650 kill, now if you get a really high DPK, you will have to stay longer because you’ll get a lower dpk drop after it that result in a longer farming hours…

They definitely broke something with DPK recently. I will always see a drop around 600-700 kills now, but not before.

2 Likes

Ahahahah the community is so dumb.
I guess you too were rolling eyes when every time you read “I can’t make my red weapon because of hurdur DPK !!!”

Then you start arguing that time spent for getting x loots with DPK is roughly the same as time spent for getting the same x loots with RNG, the problem being the retardedly low drop rate (because fu imc).
And people argue back that DPK isn’t RNG because people can steal your loots and you can’t get “lucky drops” (forgetting about the whole “unlucky drops” issue) so that’s the reason why you don’t loot anything…

Yeah @ophiuchu @jchsc32 @Lostac (maybe I forget some), I’m looking at you :grin:

Not even sure what you are saying? Are you saying I am dumb because they made it RNG with abysmal chance? Or saying the old DPK system was good?

Sure sounds like you blame me for low rates which is something they control and prolly did not even test as usual.

Nope, I don’t play anymore.
Just enjoying the tears of the community which slowly understand that they whined about the wrong mechanic :smiley:

Sounds to me like they just need to adjust the rates and test their crap but as usual this is asking too much of them. You are right they should have just left it at DPK because IMC can’t do anything right. Since there were never reports of drop stealing or anything. Sorry everyone the bad rates are my fault how silly of me we should have just told them to lower the drop number value.

I have no idea why this twat is whining here. The HG drop rate was great and we actually liked

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I couldnt understand anything in that jarbled wall of text, are you 1 of Seifer’s alts or just suffering from downs syndrome?

2 Likes

I don’t want to say anything but since you tagged me…

yes, you are dumb. that’s all, thank you.

And I never complained about rare drops, it’s a real chance. Not DPK. Have I complained about RO mobile’s retardedly low card drop rate? No. I just either accept that I can’t get any or be happy that I got one luckily.

No hard work stolen from me or stolen from others, fair grounds for everyone.

once again

you are dumb

And I don’t even play anymore, so I don’t know if IMC increased the DPK count or reversed something or whatever. Cheers.

You probably didn’t know, but I’m used to /real/ RNG low drop chances which include games like monster hunter.

So, I’ve been farming kugheri horns for a while (2 hours straight, a little more than 1000 kills)
I made sure channel was empty. I thought mb i was just unlucky, cuz considering a dpk of 1000 on kugheri horns, It should have already dropped in this new system.

Then i realized, while i was taking a break (I was afking on a corner on the map near an npc), some kugheri lyoni disappearing. I thought i was lagging. Then it happened again. Nothing in the map was lagging, everything was at the same speed. They just disappeared. That pretty much killed my will, and i moved on playing things more rewarding, like persona 5.

Just letting u guys know. Mb someone cam confirm this?

Were those Kugheri Lyoni ambush/dropped monsters? If they are they disappear after a while once there’s no target. If you use fade/etc and there’s no one else in the map (I think this is the condition) they will disappear instantly.

It’s a mechanic of these ambush monsters as well they auto-aggro any player that gets near them, even though normal monsters on map won’t aggro.