Tree of Savior Forum

PLS Remove DPK...its hard to hell

So, instead of blaming the low drop rate, you blame the dpk and the random guy ?
Plz stop the bullshit. The odd of having a random guy stealing your mat is the same as getting the mat in a RNG system : it’s absurdly low.

It’s not, get your sht straight.

RNG is RNG
Killcount is killcount

2 Likes

Just because the end result is the same of not getting the drop doesn’t make the system any less retarded. Whether someone steals your loot or the drop rate is low you should never go full retard.

1 Like

Nice partial quote.
What do you even hope to accomplish with that ?

That’s arguable. One is Random NG. The other is guaranteed loot every n mobs. Both are the same amount of loots if you farm long enough.

Now, why everyone are now whining about dpk ? Because they want their red weapons.
Why don’t they get them ? Because drop rates are abysmally low.

Hes trying to tell you that you are wrong, clearly we all need to type a bit slower for you

Y O U - A R E - R E T A R D E D

It’s not the same man.

Because they set the amount to something absurd so it takes forever where if it was purely just a random chance you could possibly get it on the first kill. That would absolutely slay your “same time” theory because if you got another within an hour it would take months for someone to catch up in the current system.

That’s why people are disagreeing with you. Because what you’re saying makes no sense.

Okay, I’m out. Learn to maths boyz.

In a thread complaining about dpk, where everyone replies to add their dislike on dpk, and in a game where several of the GMs themselves have publically said they dislike the dpk system there comes a special snowflake like @lemaitre_dulotus who feels compelled to chime in and tell everyone else that they are wrong, howd that work out for you?

2 Likes

it’s a partial quote to point out your mistake

which you will never get it right anyway…

you are saying that we aren’t farming the mats because the chance is low + high dpk

but if it’s actually character bound dpk you would see people getting the motivation to farm right away.

2 Likes

Personal Opinion, I would still disagree to both DPK systems, individually or old.

From my personal experience of hunting Yellow Leaf Nut Tails, Linne Bracelet, it feels like the set DPK is 500-600 no matter what type the volume of the monster is i.e. More Spawn Yellow Leaf Nuts which have more concentration versus Lapasape Shamans, spread out and less.

It feels like an item set to DPK, IMC does not consider the quantity, and volume of monsters into account (Just like battle bracelet).

But hey, these rates are personal checks, I can’t prove them to you but I can only prove them to those who partied with me.

Other Checked Included, Morning Bird Tails, Nabu Undamaged Tail, Green Charog Horn.

Some monsters are pilled up together, some are split apart, some spawn in smaller numbers. Over all its frustrating how IMC doesn’t consider taking these factors into account (Note: Not a fact, but just personal experience)

thats very sad. I dont understand how jtos can keep afk farmers away, while itos fails so horribly at banning/ punishing some afk dudes. Its seriously not that hard to enforce. Its almost impossible for new players to farm/get their gear at the current prices.

Idk if JTOS specifically has this but I know in some areas in the east, you have to provide a form of social security number to register for an mmo, so it is very easy for the companies to track and enforce terms of service and conduct etc.

Some of the other forum posters are familar with those specifics and they could go more in-depth on that process.

My biggest issue with JTOS vs ITOS is that JTOS was ahead of ITOS in about 30 days in terms of content/quality of events/rewards etc. Its hard to compare botting and cheating between regions.

1 Like

Im seeing progress in KTEST servers if that will be implemented then we must discontinue this rant.

9 months from now, if ITOS hasnt gone under and we actually get those proposed KTOS changes to dpk that gwenyth is discussing then yes, we will absolutely stop this “rant”.

1 Like

Now that they know this i hope this change a lot, but my main concern its how they would change this with resources that have a HIGH DPK with HIGH HP monsters or low density of such monsters. they can change how DPK works but if they dont change either the needed mats for the item, the amount of monsters to kill to get such item, or even how quick monster can spawn (or add more of those monsters in the map) DPK will still be a trouble.

IMHO DPK should be removed entirely

That is the thing I am so confused about, they set the Limitations/conditions of the game but; Hypocritical about this is that, it feels like they didn’t know or they never tried this themselves. They either:

1. Knew about it but didn’t know about the consequence/ difficulty.

2.Knew about it and did it Intentionally (but does not admit to it)
3. Did not know about it because it was done by developers and not IMC itself( In my guess)
4.Didn’t know about it because they never tested it.
5. They didn’t care and just aberrantly or arbitrarily pushed it/released the function (based off of how they think a game is suppose to function).

Pretty sure they don’t play their game, care, want or try to make something better. As long as people are playing and paying still then that’s all there is to it.

1 Like

They’re different.

If an item has a drop rate of 0.01% then that means even if that person next to you just got that item as a drop you have a chance on your next kill to get that item. But then there can be cases where you can kill a monster 1 million times and never get the item you want.

On the other hand, if an item has a DPK of 1000 and someon else is the lucky one striking the 1000th kill then you know that it’s guaranteed that you need to grind for another 1000 kills to have a chance to get that item. However, at least that way it’s guaranteed to drop eventually.

The best system would be RNG and DPK combined : Have items have a RNG droprate so every kill has a chance to drop that item, but if that item does not drop for X kills then DPK kicks in and drops it. If the item drops because of RNG or DPK then the DPK counter resets to 0 but still every kill can drop it again due to RNG.

2 Likes

That’s another great idea. Having an Item Set Chance drop rate combined with DPK.

Nice Solutions and yet, IMC will likely ignore us just as they have been doing so for a while now.

The one problem that we also encounter is the question can you farm? Knowing those Mons/mobs are high HP high def/mdef? Thats why RMT is truly hitching a hike if players feels dismay and they want less of an effort so RMT/bots really become more powerful in terms of selling due to the fact that this systems requires dpk. And also those who can farm hhave the advantage of seeking and killing mobs which certainly gives them the upperhand on mats and channels.