Tree of Savior Forum

DPK is indeed worse than before

I dont think you could control that lol. As long as there is RNG there, it wont happen. If control, it was possible before the full implementation of Top-Down, I abused that to my heart content, but it is no longer possible, because the loots are shared.

Lets say 2 groups of guilds competing for that 20k DPK. The map is so huge for you to control it. Youll need 10 groups to fully occupy just 1 channel. I actually prefer if more groups are farming, because it lessen my burden.

The whole point is DKP means that only one item can drop after a specific time, and its a free for all. Anyone can essentially loot that item, even if you did 99% of the work to make it appear, another player can loot it. Essentially invalidating your work. DKP forces you to share drops, but doesn’t require you to pay back that effort someone else spent.

If its a percent chance, and player A kills 90 times as many mobs as player B, both still have a chance to receive the item. Player A is more likely to see the item drop, which is rewarding his increased effort. Player B is also getting a chance, but his likely hood of seeing the item drop is less than player A.

1 Like

Like i said it is percentage. It could drop in your first kill of the map.

I used to farm with someone else on the original DPK. We occupied 2 different channels and he’d come to my channel to swell for me which usually took 10 mins or so. Since it was taking me 12-15mins faster than him, it usually worked out.

Essentially it is a crappy version of normal RNG. The problem with your logic, is that that chance is absurdly small now, its variable, and it deprives someone else of that drop.

My point is that its absurdly complicated, rewards bad behavior, and opens up more avenues to exploit it than a simple Percent Based Drop System

1 Like

What you say is simply not true and copycats some theorycrafter’s idea posted in another thread.

If the loot was shared the way you think, I would have dropped 3 wizards bracelets during my tests:

given their dpk of 950-1050 (https://tos.neet.tv/items/602109).

I was alone on ch2, people were in ch1.

4 Likes

I dont think IMC will just give high end equips for free. If you want pure RNG you already have practonium cube. You kill 1 cube per day for chance to get end-game weapon. We all hate Practonium cube because it is random without DPK.

End-game equips are usually locked in months for a MMORPG type of game.

In your orignal post, you didnt specify there are people on different channels. Having people on different channel doesnt mean theyre killing shardstatue as you do. You can test this now if you have time. Thats my understanding with “the same chance for every players in different map” in the Devs talk-about of DPK.

I shouldn’t of replied directly to your speculations. I am presenting an argument based on simple facts and mathematics concepts that may be dosed with a little bit of saltiness on my part.

However, the concept is bad. You may not like RNG, but let say they make Practonium cubes DKP 100, like the new system. It means that you could wait 100 days before you get one. And wait, it gets worse. If it drops for someone else, it means your counter is reset again. What are you going to do? You could literally not see a Practonium ever if you didn’t horde up cubes and open em all at once, which you can’t. Even if you could, someone could just watch you open em, and spam theirs when you get close to 100 and steal your Prac. Congratulations, you just wasted 90 days of effort.

Also, no one is logging in to get equips, they are still farming and killing stuff. The entire point of this argument is that it PUNISHES EFFORT by players if they exceed that of others.

3 Likes

It’s not just end-game. I was farming 210 HG with a couple of friends and we got only 1 cube in over an hour when the other channels were occupied as well. When they werent and when we were alone in 190 HG (where the dpk is higher) we got drops more often.

I don’t see any reason to believe that each channel would share a drop instead of just one channel getting it. It certainly would explain why people are not getting drops when they reach dpk count.

4 Likes

In my original post I didn’t specify it because I didn’t think it was relevant since I didn’t knew the dpk was shared between channels.
Sure, it doesn’t mean “they were killing shardstatues”, then explain to me why I didn’t get 3 bracelets in almost 4k kills :joy_cat:

I’m not going to farm anything until this system is changed. If I want to help someone else get his drops, it has to be a choice of mine not a result of a borked drop system.

1 Like

wait I haven’t played in a while but I thought they changed DPK to % RNG? Did it change it back or was it different?

RNG now with DPK insurance.

I was BEYOND the dpk value. Do you even read?

2 Likes

I just wonder do you have any actual evidence that the items would drop in each channel instead of one. Cause it sure as hell doesn’t say that in the dev blog and so far you haven’t given anything expect your own opinion on the matter. :confused:

2 Likes

Dpk values were re-relased recently in a game’s IPF, neetv is one the most reliable sources out there.
Maybe the problem is your interpretation of shared DPK?

Indeed, use your brain.

2 Likes

What jynxie08 says is extremely misleading.

RNG with DKP insurance would mean that you always have a fixed chance to drop the item but if you kill X mobs the item will drop.

What they did was increase dkp values by up to double, make it where you get a 1/dkp chance to get the item (essentially nonexistent chance up to dkp-100 when you see a 1% chance before that its .2% or lower and increases slow since its on an exponential scale).

Essentially its a shitty version of RNG with DKP protection, that just makes DKP even harder and gives you a crazy low % chance that just complicates the issue, since that DKP value is shared among all channels in any map.

TheAlleyCats experience is not unusual now, and thats the problem.

The graphic that nightrain_scy has in this post illustrates it very well.

You don’t see a meaningful percent drop chance until you are within 200 kills, regardless of initial DKP value. These values can commonly reach 500, 1000, or with the new hunting ground changes, 10k-20k. See the problem?

6 Likes

Yes, ok. I’m waiting your explaination for the lack of 2 drops out of 3.

lol, I’m done here :joy_cat:

4 Likes

Because they dropped from different channels?

It was said explicitly. IMC is not lying to you, it is best to take their words exactly as they meant it to be. Youll get lots of items if you do that.

DKP is bound map wise, meaning that its shared, both the resets and the count. Like i said before, all this says is that they changed dkp from channel specific to map specific.

Also, this only proves that the developers don’t understand the math and its impacts. What they failed to address in this horribly vague anecdote, is what the percent drop is, how often and many mobs are farmed, and give any real numbers. And by the way, people are farming 1-2months in this current system and not seeing a drop even with this change.

And now, instead of waiting for 499, they wait for 400 and do the same thing. This doesn’t solve the problem, its a band-aid solution.

Yes, and one question earlier they also said:

Yuri: I see. I see. Then can you tell me – when does this top-down system reset?
P: Haha! When the item drops, of course! :smiley:

Player A drops the item, counter resets, player B gets a big flip of the bird.

1+1 = 2.

4 Likes