Tree of Savior Forum

DEX vs STR debate

Crit resistance can go negative which is why you can end up with this.

Just wish zalciai would hit flying.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

No you did not.
The zombies received +extra crit damage from Zalciai.
The enemy crit res went below 0 so the zombies were able to land a lot of critical attacks.

I think were saying the same thing. Crit resistance down, can be counted as crit rate up.

-320 crit res down is the same as getting an unbuffable(cant be multiplied over/snapshotted w/quicken n stuff) +320 crit rate.

@haukinyau
Reducing crit resistance increases crit chance because the formula iirc is (Crit Rate - target Crit resistance) * (0.15) at level 280. I forgot how the 0.15 is gotten

0.15 is equal to some something player and enemy level divided by 42.
Edit: 42/280

1 Like

Thats all the buffs and debuffs stacking.

Hex is +30% dark damage (zombies do dark damage)
Deprotect will bring their defense to 0
Zalcai will give +crit attack (additional damage when critting)
Zalcai will remove crit resistance on enemy (makes stuff hitting it crit more)

With the hackapell being melee or semi melee class
And their skill effectively decrease def and crit resistance
I feel hackapell could make use of high DEX build

Reducing crit resist would suggest lower dex builds since you don’t want to go over 100% crit chance because any extra crit rate after than would be wasted stats.

When we are talking about dex as an offensive stat. Going past the current soft cap is wasted stats.

If you want to talk about dex as a defensive stat (include in evasion), then that also has a soft cap at ~80%. And it is definitely easier to reach that soft cap than crit rate’s soft cap.

But in any case. Statting for evasion is not the same as statting for crit, and if you bothered to read what was being said you’d know we were specifically talking about crit rate.

Crit chance formula is this:
Crit rate - crit resist * 42 / player level

So, yes. You are correct in that later on when level cap rises, the soft cap will also rise.

Correct. The amount needed for roughly 100% crit rate is around 650~750 for lv 280.

Archers only require 450 ~ 550 due to swift step critical attribute giving the rest.

But this soft cap will rise as level cap raises.

I can’t remember the actual number on top of my head. Some other people should know it though. I do remember that all you need for this is 120 ~ 160 statted dex along with the late game stuff (2x sissel, 2 lvl 6/7 gems, max penta, and some other stuff on gear)

Right now I’m lvl 200 save stats point because I don’t know which stats is better for my build…
I read a lot of STR VS DEX but still don’t have idea which one is better.
All I know from read

pure STR is better if… Play Wagushi, Have Rogue in build.
high STR/mid DEX is better if… Play multihit/AA class like QS
pure DEX is better if… Play High Base Attack Skill Class like Cannon/Musketeer
high DEX/mid STR is better if… Just like pure DEX

Right now I put
25 point to con
70 point to STR
100 point to DEX
36 point save for choose (look like i need to save more if still can’t decide which one suit my build T T)

I play A2>QS3>Falcon and will be Musketeer later.
I’m confused because QS use high STR but Musket use high DEX.

so any idea? more str, more dex, or both?

my Cannoneer is 80 CON rest DEX
my cannoneer have Rogue, Sapper and Ranger but without archer C2, those class often fight at CQC range, 80 CON and DEX give me survivability
and i m doing fine due to high crit rate and skill base damage

i have another Archer 2>QS3 was planned for Hackapell (but the preview is disappointing)
this one i plan to CON around 40, DEX around 80 or 100 and rest STR
Hackapell is mount class, more mobile than most archer class, better survival
QS 3 is running shot focus, from what i read, it wont crit, no point of investing too much DEX
since Archer 2 is in the build, swift step help with low DEX
at first i read hackapell have skill -10% crit resistance in somewhere else, but seem to be translate issue
now seem that it is actually -10% p.def per stack, in this case, i feel STR would benefit more

as for Musketeer, i dont have one, and dont plan to play one
but i found QS3 is more AA focus and less skill spamming, in this case, i would say it favor raw damage over critical chance

Don’t confuse running shot info. Running shot additional damage will NOT crit anymore. Your standard attack damage is still able to crit.

The -10% def per arrow stack is an inherent mechanic of ALL ARCHERS, just like the size penalty damage.

I don’t think they will be porting over the kTOS version of running shot to iTOS anymore. They’ve already done the respository merge and running shot still crits.

Since an archer with A2, you need roughly 120~160 statted dex (it’ll be closer to 200 on your character stat page) along with the late game gear (2x sissel, max peta, lvl 6/7 green gem, some other stuff).

Well you just need to reach about 500 crit rate then swift step crit will take care of the rest.

1 Like