Tree of Savior Forum

Dex is so useless now

anyone noticed just how crap Dex is now? Critical attack isnt exactly worth getting since its a flat damage. no multi. so going full STR is kinda must for alot of dmg dealers

They kinda overkill dex imo. Right now it’s only good for certain builds that give your crit rate like hoplite and rogue :confused: or if you just want to go avoid.

Dex is good if you know how to use it or want to use it. It gives attack speed now.

1 Like

Dex is garbage now. Only build thats good with dex currently is Monk. Every other build that i can think of is limited by overheats and cooldowns. Oh yea forgot Quarrel Shooter, but you dont even have to go full dex with that class either.

isn’t the Aspd only for certain builds as well. And auto attacks ties with ping as well. From what most feedback, the aspd makes a difference, but not a big impact even if you invest tons.

STR is must now? long time no play, even with quarrel shooter, hoplite-dragoons?

pretty much yes. No str = no base damage. Dex doesn’t give crit chance anymore.

But end of the day, gears is all you really need now.

2 Likes

not even worth to spend some points? if use the running shoot dex won’t give me more attack speed?

not sure about running shot + dex’s aspd personally since i’ve yet to test it. But as most people said, the recent patch is to make players stop investing stats all on a single stats. So nothing wrong if you want to add points to dex. I am just saying it’s kinda sucks compared to the old benefits from it.

1 Like

Personally I like this better. Dex makes sense in specific builds, STR makes sense in other builds. It takes consideration and even some theorycrafting to really come to a decision on what stats you want to end up with.

The previous system was completely cookie cutter, that left almost no creativity for individual builds. Not entirely but that largely was the case.

With recent patch I been enjoying trying to figure out what best for my builds.

Honestly I love to see this design philosophy continue with Wizard. I am tired of going pure int on my all my builds. Of course there a few exceptions like Con FF but overall wizard has literally no diversity or decision making when it comes to stats. 100% cookie cutter.

3 Likes

not really :slight_smile: it gives a lot of power in my Limacon

1 Like

From the other stats thread:

DEX is still strong, but now it’s strong primarily for attack speed rather than crit.

Well considering AAing is based on ping and the servers are unstable Dex is pretty much garbage. I haven’t seem much of a difference with my QS Rapid shot with dex and with STR other than STR does more dmg.

Actually, RS is now +10% attack spead instead of 30% and going for full DEX is pretty strong in this case. STR does not really help my QS build as my damages are mainly made by my weapon.

Is QS full STR better than QS full DEX when they both have Blessing + Sacrament ? I think you know what’s the answer.

1 Like

Never did i say go full dex. And btw guildmates already tested 150 dex rest str did more dmg then full dex FYI.

In this case they might have really high pings to admit 150 DEX is better than 300. Some people say 150 DEX is the cap, but going with more DEX actually gives more AS.

All my guild mate of mine live near the east coast of US. Guildmate lives in Maryland. literally 75 miles away from the server. On average he has 30-50ms. Ill take his word over anyone’s in this thread. I would test myself but I have a Mergen.

just tested it again with 200 dex and i do far less dmg, then with 200 str, + i dont even seem to attack faster with any Archer,Ranger,Fletcher skills, only basic attack seems to have improved a tiny amount.

I think the problems lies in the overheats these skills have. The cooldowns would mean downtime for the ASPD benefit from DEX. This is why I just went full STR with my Fletcher.

My SR on the other hand benefits so much from having a good amount dex due to AA-ing with Limacon - a skill that has 100% uptime. The little decrease in DPS from having lower STR is beyond compensated by the increased number of hits per second from having higher DEX. Also, eventually better gear, enhancement and transcendence will overshadow the investment I’ve made in STR in terms of damage making it more of an investment for accuracy.