Tree of Savior Forum

Dex is so useless now

I’m full dex fencer and loving it, more crit rate items wouldnt hurt though.

I also got a full str fencer alt, and my dex fencer wins in terms of dps. both using the same items, str fencer even has 30% attribute on attaque au fer.

Same build too

Crit attack still gets multiplied by skills doesn’t it?

If so, dex is more damage than str if you can rock 66% crit or better, and aren’t having accuracy problems.

As a guess, I’m thinking a middle ground of block pen and accuracy will be the sticking point. Dunno how well equipment covers those at high levels.

Crit atk does get multiplied.

you can do SPR Wiz if you go Thaumaturge

The actual problem is not that dex is not in use by any build. SR3, QS3 and a couple of other builds including dex and it makes sense.

The true problem is that dex doesnt provide anything useful but higher animation speed for certain skills and some are simply not featured. Crit rate is out of any discussion atm as it sucks too hard. 50% at best is nothing worth to be considered if we are realistic.

no it doesn’t lol. Critical Attack is Flat after the 50% Modifier aka 1.5 times value

Regular Hit = 100
Assume Critical Attack is 100.
Critical Hit = (1.5 x 100 + 100)
Final Hit = 250.

this is because (Crit Multi X Damage + Critical Attack)

care to explain why my damage jumps from 90k to 350k crits?

Think youre living in the past.

Because i obviously forgot to add in the skill as a factor…

if you do 1000% with a skill its obvious the outcome will be higher…

if its pure Basic attack it will always be 1.5 x damage + crit attack

Its already accounted, asked for crit vs non crit.

I already tested with my full str vs full dex fencer, and my full dex wins by humongus marigin.

thats what i just told u wtf… Unless they changed how Critical Attack is calculated.

they change now cri attack cal in skill not just + like your post anymore

PS: skillfac x ((1.5 x patk ) + cri attack))

Right, my damage test was with attaque au fer, my full str has 30% attribute, my full dex has no attribute spent, and still wins*

skillfac x ((1.5 x patk ) + cri attack)) this = (Crit Multi X Damage + Critical Attack)

same output all through i didn’t add in factor of skill.

Unless you do Crit Hits more then 60% of the time Dex wont be useful. until u hit 60% of the time as crit your good with full dex

That is obvious, but there are other means to increase critical hit chance that you are forgetting, critical resist debuff, Balestra fente, Steed charge, fast shot, to name a few

it just style.

someone want pure 100% uptime damage.
someone want cri and boom huge damage.
someone want attack faster or more evasion or even need more block penetration.

so just invest stat that suit your style most , until 30 may then.

i never forgot them i just did not mention them. i talked as in Pure basic formula.

well from my point of view as IMC said.

Early Levels til 50 STR is more useful then anything due to the higher benefit. after 50 it drops off abit.

Anything less then 60% Critcal Rate Go 2/3 Str and 1/3 dex.
Critical Rate = 60% Go Full Dex or 1/3 Str.
Critical Rate = 70% > Go Full Dex. and Yellow Gems

and this is with Monster def,Monster crit resist etc taken into mind.

So your skipping modifiers that determines wether its worth or not, ok.

no they are just not part of the point. and even if we did add them in. the outcome would be the same.