Tree of Savior Forum

Details on the Founder's Server and Regional Servers

West coast + EU would be enough to provide at least less then 200 to everyone.

They have confirmed only US East Servers

EA server will be located at Virginia, US.

They already talk about this in their announcement.
That at this time the number of players base is not big enough for them to open new server.
Also the number above is percentage, not a solid number. If i said 50% of 2000 players, it’s not a big number tho.
I don’t know what do you mean about “44% of your community” is including which part of the world.

It’s completely necessary, the connection to a US East server for most EU players is 1/2 the ping of SEA/OCE players.

Nope, we can handle 150~200 ms and we know IMC is not a big company nor publisher. They’re using their own money to make ITOS happen since there’s no partners/Publishers for iTOS atm

we are proposing regional server so EU, LA and SEA will play with decent ping
what you propose is that we all suck it up so EU, LA and SEA play in bad conditions, while only NA will have a decent ping
I fail to follow your logic sorry…

2 Likes

i think its nice we get a team transfer , someday we might get our regional server :slight_smile:

It’s even worse for EU players or at least equally bad, and there’s more of us than West Coasters.

90 replies?i think its time for imc to annouce whats done is done take it or leave it brah hahaha too much hearing out comments will only ruins good judgement i guess

There are no US West servers and I’m not talking about moving the servers to US West, I’m talking about having a server hosted in US West.

They’re using AWS, it’s so easy to spin up new servers. I can’t imagine the issue is spinning up the servers, it’s probably the support staff and timezone issues but that’s just a guess based on my knowledge of how this stuff works from previous experiences.

Hence if you have servers in US East, then having a server or 2 in US West is far less of a timezone issue than SEA or EU servers.

Look at the chart. Roughly 44% of the listed regions are closer to the EU than they are to america. 56% begin North and South america.
What i said was pretty straightforward imo. If 44% of their customers closer to the EU does not justify the opening of an EU server, then what percentage does? I mean, they just confirmed that roughly half of their paying customer base would have better service from an EU located server, BUUUUT 44% is not enough for them to consider it.
So really… what percentage is then?

It’s practically the same thing as making an EU server. There’s no difference.

We’re in the same boat dude.

EU players will be playing at 130-250 ping TOPS and over 200 is probably a minority of EU

SEA players to east coast will be 200 minimum to like 350 ping its not even close

Probably closer to a minimum of 240ms with a good VPN heh

Don’t include SEA in that 44% please.

1 Like

It’s a big difference being able to support servers in roughly the same timezone with basically the same cost of server hosting, that’s my point.

Well sometimes there are problem like places,taxes and availabiltiy of the place itself or maybe cost of operation for them to consider why east not west

Timezones have nothing to do with costs. Making a new server is what they don’t want to do right now based on the numbers. The servers cost the same in EU as they do in West Coast.

We see clearly up there that both West Coast and East Coast are lumped into one category and EU is basically the same size playerbase as both combined, if not more, than NA.

Not to mention SEA players have lower ping to an EU server.

2 Likes

TBH as a CBT1&2 player with 500+ playtime I don’t have any issue playing this game with high ping.

i tried pinging WC server and its 350+ms i bet its the same if not worst if i ping EU so you cant really say less than 200 ping to everyone