Tree of Savior Forum

Details on the Founder's Server and Regional Servers

@PoohVz
@ardanos_xiv

I didn’t said that the way was acceptable, don’t misunderstand me. But i said that private servers always brought innovation or good ideas. A lot of official devs even stated on those and sometimes implanted them.

You’re arguing about stealing, i’m just thinking about improvment.
You’re comparing with cars, and i can compare it with clergy few centuries ago braking technological advances.

It’s not about the players, it’s about wondering what’s wrong about the methods. Players don’t mind about paying for fair stuff (i myself bought the 50$ pack, without even taking care of an EU server).

SEA does not have its own server, Indonesia will have its own server with the primary language being Indonesian. Big difference.

I agree that a server in SEA is unnecessary but a west coast server is not.

Also that poll of the 16% SEA/3% OCE, Those are all international players, not indonesian sea players.

1 Like

The problem is there are actually competetive players like me who wants to pioneer in-game. Competetive players obviously can’t compete when 50% of our gameplay includes rubberbanding or having problems on spamming our skills due to lag.

If you’re gonna push the casual mind-set that everyone should just have fun. Fun is subjective. Competetive players have fun by being competetive.

2 Likes

are we looking at the same pie chat? or you just don’t like geography

Oh, you guy are all wrong ToS indo by gemscool http://tos.gemscool.com/ is only support for Indonesia and their partner sg I can’t even enter their site as a TH people.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John

2 Things if you would:

1. So with the only NA servers confirmed, we would now need some information on which will be the most suitable for us to play (which will have better pings).
    We need server designations and the location of said designations, so when 29 hits, we will be already aware which server we need to get on.
    (In example: Server “tiamat” located in NewYork, Server “bahamut” located in Boston).

2. Your announcement has quite a bit of controversy in it.
    By your own data… 44% of your community is closer to the EU than it is to america (and that only by the raw sales data, it does not account for f2p), so im kinda unsure how much more “support” you want before agreeing to an EU server.
    If i want to be painfully honest it seems to me that the company decided that there will be no other servers. Ever. They just did not have the balls to state this outright because of fear of backlash.
    Thats just my opinion, i could be totally wrong on that note, but honestly: How much more support do you want if 44% does not justify having a server which is closer to half of the community? 50? 60? 100? 101?

I mean honestly, nobody asked for oceania servers, but something closer to a… pretty damn big chunk of your paying customers would had been appreciated.
But well… we will see how this turns out. If pings will be an issue (and by the looks of it:

they will be, since if the video is correct even 200ms can and will cause huge dps differences) then you might have just killed off roughly 20-50% of your playerbase because you could not be asked to open a single EU server.
Lets hope that im wrong and everything will turn out for the better, but seriously guys… your statement is really… problematic.

The free transfer to any future servers however is appreciated.
That was a good move.
Next up: Waiting for 29 and having a good time.

15 Likes

I like to be negative and then get positive surprised by every bit of good information. Thanks IMC!
Time to buy the EA.

EU players crying over playing with 200 MS. LA people will play with 150~200 MS and no one is complaining. Are you guys a “superior race” compared to us? Stop crying, and play the game.

1 Like

I have a suggestion. Open up Servers for EU and SEA. You will definitely see a huge increase in SEA %. If no SEA server atleast open up NA West server im sure every SEA/OCE would enter NA West server.

best thing i can think of right now is to open up a west coast server during the launch that way you can cater to both SEA/OCE and NA West.

They just have no money to afford even 1 server for EU =)

Give us a west coast NA server for all the SEA people + a large portion of the NA community

Most people in SEA will play when TOS becomes free to play because SEA is a 3rd world countries. Ping is the major issue here, that 16% will experience major headache when the server opens up, 300+ ping might turn some players off.

There are other people in NA who also get poor connections to east coast NA such as those in Alaska. A large portion of the US West player base would also obviously get better ping on a US West server.

The routes to US West are a lot better than the routes between SEA and OCE. The cost of servers in US West is also generally cheaper than SEA and the timezone for support staff is not completely different compared to having a SEA server.

There are a lot of factors involved which would make US West a much easier to support location if you also have US East servers.

West Coast server is more unnecessary as there is already one in the East Coast.

It’s pretty apparent that there’s almost an equal amount of EU players as there is NA players.

Their statement here is that both are needed to sustain just one NA server.

It isn’t fair for EU players that we basically pay for the NA’s to be able to have a local server.

In other words if EU stop playing, you’re in deep trouble.

6 Likes

You better cry instead LoL.

I’m kinda confused to why they don’t have West Coast servers. This would help greatly for SEA/OCE players. I would rather ping 160 compared to 220 on the east coast.

Seems like an easy way to make a whole lot of players happy and the server will still be located in the US.

Either way I’ll work with the ping I’m given but yeah I would think twice about a West Coast server.

please guyz

2 Likes

But you will all have the same lag, if you want to compete with NA while being SEA or whatever then that might be a problem yeah, but they cant make decisions based on a minority, and then you go even deeper, since competitive players are even less, you have to start from the beginning.

Try use sg vpn like wtfast shud be giving you below 100 ping instead na server which literally lags killing ur fun befpre youre starting
Alao i heard that indonesia will do the unblock when cbt2 starting so need to wait this week for annoucement from them