Tree of Savior Forum

Details on the Founder's Server and Regional Servers

Me neither haha, those people are crying so hard.

Why? Do you think that someone playing from india will get better pings from Virginia than they do from lets say Berlin?
Cause i doubt that would be correctā€¦ mainly because india to berlin is roughly 4000km while to virginia its about 12ā€™000.

@Staff_Julie Please donā€™t bring Latin Americanā€™s hopeā€™s up, that 26% are mostly Brasilians can we get a specified number between countries that can speak spanish and Brasil ?

DonĀ“t bet - try it It WILL be lower than 350+.

LOL, when is India became a part of SEA?
11 countries: Brunei, Vietnam, Campuchia, Laos, Indonesia, Phillipines, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanma, and Timor Leste

This endless argueing lol,im out and accepting whatever decission they made even if i had to play in indo server with quality play that give me less than 100 ping ā€¦acceptance mode now loadingā€¦

The trurth is , India players joined SEA server alot ( iā€™m playing dota2 - SEA server but india , japan , korea , hongkong and china still joined us even they have their own server )

Of course timezones/different country server hosting have to do with cost.

For an EU or SEA server you have to hire people to support those servers during their prime hours of operations.

The hosting costs differ per country even with cloud hosting though that server hosting cost would likely be dwarfed by support staff costs.

Presuming by new server you mean they keep all the existing US East servers and add new servers in US West then thatā€™s not what Iā€™m saying.

If you had 1 less server in US East and had that hosted in an US West data center, youā€™d have the same number of servers. Youā€™d then have part of the US pop whoā€™d join that server + pretty much all of SEA/OCE.

Itā€™s in a similar timezone (3~ hours diff between the locations), same country which is quite different than a SEA/EU hosted server.

South east asia? Then what exactly do you mean? Japan?
SEA includes more than just korea, china and japan you know :stuck_out_tongue:
But even if i were to go along with that, i would still need correct charts on how pings are from japan to different countries.

Donā€™t respond to the troll posters, PoohVz is simply being toxic. Heā€™s been trolling every thread with those kind of brain dead responses. Flag his comments and move on. He isnā€™t adding anything to the discussion and is just simply trying to annoy as many people as possible.

2 Likes

That is Asia, LOL.
Your knowledge is just something funny.
SEA just have 11 countries, listed below
Brunei, Vietnam, Campuchia, Laos, Indonesia, Phillipines, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanma, and Timor Leste

No they donā€™t.

1 Like

http://www.cloudping.info/ try this

Really? Iā€™m being toxic.
LOL nice joke

Have it your way.
So, can you then somehow prove to me that the virgina server would have better pings for someone playing from vietnam than a german located one would?
You know, because i should not include SEA in that 44%

Hi IMC,

Thank you for providing us some information regarding the regional servers. Iā€™m also very happy to hear we will get team transfers if regional servers will be added.

Now i have a question for you which may help you and us. The Sales data from Steam only tells us the percentages from each region but not excact numbers as to how many players from each region actually bought the FPā€™s.

Also how many founder packs have been bought more then 1 from each region? Which may conclude some regions are actually trying to support ToS.

If we know more excact numbers we may be able to get more players if you could also tell us how much of a playerbase would be suitable for you to give an extra regional server. We know itā€™s all about money and playerbase to support a MMORPG server. But if you tell us some more about that we may be able to help as a community instead.

MMORPG community is key to a succesfull game, please think about this.

Thank you in regard,

5 Likes

For you to know, Vietnamese players always choose a US server instead of EU server since US server is 200+ ping, and EU server always 300+ ping.
Since there is AAG internet cable.

@black_light
http://www.arfmar.info/image/asean_map.jpg

2 Likes

You should check your own link before making yourself look foolish. For windows boxes you can take a look at the following differences in the smaller EC2 boxes.

While some places will have similar/sameish prices they are subject to change independently in every different region.

US East

US West (yes they are more expensive than east)

EU

SEA

2 Likes

You should not cherry pick your result. Look closer, and again, without bias.

If you think the smaller packages are able to host a server dedicated to an MMO youā€™re being delusional.

You also didnā€™t even include Frankfurt prices.