Tree of Savior Forum

Damage of the Cannoneer Class

Indeed it does, but already crit a fair ammount, specially with blindside, so i figured id give it a try,

Iā€™ll be keeping 1 of my archers r1 until IMC decides to ā€œfixā€ cannoneers. During the event I tried a1-qs3-ro2-ca2 and it wasnā€™t good. My aaā€™s were critting for 20k. Given the restrictions on [bazooka], that is too low.

We can still carry a cannon even when we arenā€™t cannoneers btw. I respec my cannoneer into Sapper3 Falcon3 yet Iā€™m still running around with my lionhead cannon lol.

I got such big hopes for c3 thoughh :blush:

I hope so too, I have 7 archers in my account so getting 1 to spec to cannon C2 isnā€™t much of a problem later XD. Cannoneer is a high investment high reward class, perhaps I just couldnā€™t see the damage with a +8 lionhead.

Cannoneer actually did quite well prior to the balance patch, it took 5 revisions just to get cannoneer to be viable. But after the balance patch cannoneer didnā€™t receive any patch to balance it back up with the rest.

Fixing the existing cannoneer is actually quite easy imo, just lower the SP consumption and slightly increase the damage of the cannon skills and we should be ok. And also fixes to the bazooka mode, one the frustrating things about using it is sometimes it will bug out refusing to target any monster on keyboard mode. This make it really hard to use and aim.

1 Like

Yeah currently i havent even bothered leveling bazooka stance, just saving the skill points to see if it will get better in the future, not that i think kneeling stance is any worse though, reaching 600 crit rate with no sissels or green is a nice feat.
shot stance is ok too, as kneeling stance is instant comapring to bazooka stance.

I feel like bazooka is really meant for increased aoe and to also give a synergy with QS by allowing an south attack aoe option. I can only imagine a A2QS3Fal3C2 in aoe ridiculousness.

I do like that kneeling shot works as well, and give a more if a single target advantage while also each give a downside to balance in setup time and immobility. Especially if you choose a non qs3 option where you benefit from the aspd of kneeling shot and bazooka allows for qs3 to not feel redundant.

Sadly this canā€™t be done since the SP costs are Ā± calculated by Rank.
If you look at the skills&Classes at similar Ranks, the SP costs for their skills are also similar, no matter if theyā€™re Archers, Swordsmen, Wizards or Clerics (exemptions are the base Classes Archer,Swordsman,Cleric and Wizard). Wizards and Clerics tend to have higher SP costs, though, so be happy that the Cannoneer skills donā€™t have base SP costs of 340+ SP without any attributes.

I believe this system is pretty fair (in contrast to still existing other unbalances) because it encourages people to go out of their way and actually spread stats/invest into the non-damage stats instead of focusing on STR/INT alone.

Btw, can anyone tell me if Smoke Grenade can be used during Kneeling Shot?

You can use all cannon skills during kneeling shot, so yes, you can sue Smoke grenade during Kneeling shot! :smiley:

guys i have a reseted character that i really want to make it cannoneer soo im planning on going for archer 3- sapper 3- cannon 2, is this a viable build?

I have the exact same cannon build as you (also full STR), and from my experience in ET/solmiki, Iā€™d like to see these changes:

1. Bazooka setup and cancel takes way too long and has no invincibility frames. For me personally, it isnā€™t great to use during ET/solmiki because iā€™ll probably die before i can cancel the skill. This makes bazooka sort of a niche skill because it is very situational in party play. Rotations with it are challenging for me.
  2. This particular build uses SO much SP as you mentioned, I have a hard time with SP even while chugging two different SP potions at once. Bye $$$$$!
  3. Cannon blast damage: without proper prepping to maximize blastā€™s damage, it really is lackluster (e.g. using blindside, smoke grenade, etc to make the most out of it) so I agree a slight buff for that is needed.

Cannons are pretty much dead in KR. Hopefully they haul in some good changes. But as of now, itā€™s fairly watered down, and iā€™m disappointed. Iā€™ll still stick with it though, hoping that if C3 comes around itā€™ll be good. :cherries:

2 Likes

Did any1 notice cannon blast tht suppose to have 10 second armor break is actually 2 second ? :X

Cannon blast animation itself already take tht 2 sec u cnt even use or hardly can use other skills during armor break tht last 2 sec -.-

i am still not sure i should take full dex or full str when you in kneeling shot mode evasion must help you to avoid some damage right?

i would like to go a3,Sapc3,CanC2

i tried A2,QS3,CanC1 with alot dex but my damage with cannoner was too bad

You should have no reason to go full dex for cannon, it isnā€™t affected by aspd and wonā€™t help with damage. If youā€™re picking a class that has many aspd reliant skills in the rotations, then I would consider some dex, but probably not full.

Been messing around with cannon recently and find full DEX to be way better than STR. Reason is kneeling shot gives you physical attack based on your DEX, along with a ton of crit rate, and is far easier to play with than bazooka. Archer2>Sapper3>Falcon1>Cannon2. Keep swift step up (obviously) and use kneeling shot to boost crit rate further, give you physical attack based on DEX, and have as much crit attack as possible from full DEX. With Swift Step, Kneeling Shot, and Sapper 3 attribute your Broom Trap will crit almost 100% of the time, and cannon skills will also crit most the time (once you stack some green gems on your crossbow and cannon) so might as well stack the crit attack from dex instead of physical attack from str. Full STR adds around 750 physical attack, but full DEX and kneeling shot gives you a lot more than that through a combination of the kneeling DEX-to-Attack conversion and Crit Attack. The only thing I can see changing this is if rank 9 makes Bazooka add 100% instead of the current 50% to cannon skill damage - in which case STR with Bazooka might become better than DEX with kneeling.

Can you show your stats/gear? And also how much do you crit for on mobs with smoke grenade (no kneeling)? I personally opted for full str because it seemed to scale better with my build, so iā€™m curious.

I canā€™t speak to actual ā€˜endgameā€™ yet, been gone for a year and havenā€™t done ET / Solmiki and still using an Agvara. Not certain if heavy dex would be worth it at kneeling shot 5, but at archer 3 kneel 10 dex scales into phys 2:1 and kneel is easy enough to use before launching a burst rotation that youā€™re getting the full buff most of the time.

Having high dex for evasion and crit atk without losing phys damage is a pretty nice perk of archer 3 + cannon. Was never a fan of kneeling shot but I find itā€™s totally usable now that you can use cannon skills in it.

Bazooka is better on paper but as a few pointed out now itā€™s hard enough to use that itā€™s value is questionable. Plus, it chews up your skill points cutting some of your damage there. Maybe if a team built specifically around an archer turret it could be sick though, those huge auto atks are fun.

Anyhow, I finished the reset event with about 160 in str and 200 in dex I think. Without kneeling shot Iā€™d deffo not go so heavy into dex for cannon, but with it is pretty nice. Could have gotten away with less str but I was having some slight accuracy issues with my agvara and figured Iā€™d still be using it awhile.

Peak damage Iā€™ve seen in the adventure journal is a 248k cannon blast on a kugheri symbani and a 219k blast on a kugheri zeffi. Thatā€™s likely smoke grenade + steady aim + blindside + potion (2x glass mole) and kneeling buffā€¦Hit 100k+ cannon shots regularly with smoke grenade + steady aim + kneel. Cannon is + 8 (11 with overestimate) and transcended once. Attribs on cannon skills around 60.

Can you use Bazooka and Kneeling at the same time? Like do you get the atk speed of kneeling during bazooka?

Nope, theyre 2 different stances.

RIP, so that means thereā€™s no reliable way to get quick zookas?