Tree of Savior Forum

Damage of the Cannoneer Class

Has anyone an idea why the Cannoneer skills got flat damage instead of %-damage?

cannoneer was pretty strong before the patch. It was not broken imo, but had some insane bursts. I don’t know why they put flat damage in some skills, but Cannon Blast ain’t cannoneer signature skill no more.

1 Like

It think that’s an error in the tooltip. They forgot to add the ‘%’ character after the flat damage.

Cannoneer abilities have been nerfed with the latest combat changes. Not only the damage have been reduced, but their sp costs have been significantly increased. Cannoneer abilities now cost so much sp that you will have a hard time making enough silver from killing monsters to outcost the sp potions.

3 Likes

it’s just a typo error, every damage is % based now

I like the cañonner. but now I feel useless with the skills.

I feel forced to choose another rank : (
I hope they increase the damage of the skills before the event ends

Absolutely second this. The number of pots a cannoneer need to go thru vs its damage makes it really hard deem the class as worthwhile.

1 Like

Cannon probably need severe adjustment in damage values, it feels really bad to play as.

3 Likes

its the same with Hackapell, i think its still the worst archer class

I feel cannoneer is even stronger than it was before. You guys are crazy

If you are one of those who play with dex, con or spr … yes, you do not feel the difference.

But if you are one of those who use more str, you feel a big difference.

A low rank does more damage than a cañonner.

Another rank 1000% or 600%x3 atk vs 1000 atk base Skill cañonner
500% x2. vs 740 atk base skill cañonner.

It would be fun to have a tank build,
cañonner tank OP? … Full con ajajajaj

cannoneer is aoe / burst not boss killer

1 Like

This is the dumbest ■■■■ I ever heard

1 Like

Those non-crit lines were around what I used to crit for. Ya’ll cray

Falcon is aoe/burst, boss killer and utility all at once.

Teach me master o.o
/20charachters

So Musketeer dmg > Cannoneer dmg? I was planning something like Archer3-Wugushi3-Muskt2 or Canno2 or Archer2-Ranger1 instead.

Nice damage grapefruit! What does your cannon and attributes look like?

Cannoneer is still solid, mob defense has much more impact than it used to though, any kind of shred or finding mobs with lower defense will increase your damage significantly.

Prior to the combat revamp cannons phys damage didn’t have much impact on your skill damage either. Invest a bit in transcending and enhancing your cannon and you’ll see some much more satisfying numbers. Enhancement is way cheaper now than it used to be too.

Just coming back to the game after leaving last summer here, still using an Agvara and only lvl 300ish, lvl 60ish attributes and I’m still farming it up in all the 300+ zones np.

The SP consumption is pretty crazy though, I can definitely understand frustration there if your damage isn’t very high yet. Seems a bit out of whack compared to watching other people in the 290 dungeon. Glug Glug Glug and glass mole I suppose for now.

Quick question if anyone knows: Weapon Swap seems to have broken a bit since I played last. If I’m using my 2h bow and use a cannon skill it auto swaps no problem but it doesn’t swap back, makes combat against flyers or just using my bow a pain. Anyone know a fix for this? Possible to change the keybind to something other than alt+z?

For cannoneer, lowering the SP cost of the skills will be a really good start. A good cost will be around 70% of the current one.

350ish SP just for 1 blast is too much for a regular cannoneer who has around 3-4k SP max.

I have 5.2ksp so I have no problems there
But I only have a t4 lionhead. Imagine what a real weapon could do

How much SPR do you have?