Tree of Savior Forum

Damage of the Cannoneer Class

I originally wanted to go cannoneer, but this thread and one i saw on reddit kind of deterred me. But I don’t wanna keep following this meta ar2>r3>SR build. Any saving grace besides grapefruit?

The thread was originally about flat skill dmg or %-skill dmg. Maybe the CA is right now underwhelming, I can not prove it, but it will get another circle and after that, if needed, maybe other improvements. If you just going for dmg you should stick to AR2R3SR3 but if you prefer a specific play style you should make your own experience.

I have free sp from regard horn xbow lol
Only 18 spr

May i ask what your skill build is?

Also, are you full Str?

whats the build for cannoneer right now?

i rarely see any >_<

and i thot IMC was trying to make cannoneer better with all those “improvement” before the combat update patch…

but now its like the worst one lol

My sapper skills deal more damage than my cannon skills and my lvl 3 hovering hits harder than lvl 10 cannon shot LUL

After patch, Cannon Blast do almost the same damage than Cannon Shot, with more sp cost.
GREAT CANNONEER NERF EVER.
The pacth really kill this class

Cannoneer is supposed to be used more for finishing mobs off rather than going all out spamming skills like Cannon Blast. At Rank 9 I’ll advance my Falconer C3 into Cannoneer and continue with it until Rank 11, no sweat.

Siege Burst is a really great ability to deal damage, sure, the SP costs are a little extreme, but it has profound synergy with Archer C3 (you can combine Kneeling Shot& Cannoneer skills e.g.). You also have two abilities to boost your damage (Bazooka & Smoke Grenade), so it’s good to punish some pesky monsters. Just remember that Cannoneer is not a Class that’s supposed to spam useless situational skills like Cannon Shot or Cannon Blast.

The SP consumption is now really high for Rank 7+ skills if you decide to level them up, so sometimes it might not be a bad move to just leave the skills at lower levels and get more skills to use instead (putting points into a 800% skill to make it a 1200% skill with more than 2x the SP costs is not as good as getting another skill that starts at 800%+ damage but costs only the same amount of SP as the other one when left at level 1).

Tactically balancing your character now isn’t just a matter of stats but also a matter of skilllevels.

Btw, building your Archer with some CON, SPR and DEX is a nice thing.
Currently running around at ~lvl 250 with 60 points invested in CON, 120 in DEX and 90 in SPR.
Will up CON till 90 and put ~54 points into STR for some accuracy afterwards, then the rest in DEX or SPR.

Building your Archer with too much STR and no DEX/SPR/CON just has too many merits for me, I like balanced gameplay. Cannoneer will balance out my build of Archer3>Hunter2>Falconer3 nicely I believe :slight_smile:

@Nekorin: You really use that Armor Break attribute although it increases your SP consumption by 50%? I’d just leave the skill at level 1 [860%, 118 SP consumed] rather than upping it to 9-10 [1285%, 244 SP consumed] and put the points into Siege Burst, which has a similar damage/SP consumption[1194%, 283 SP] but a much lower CD time [7 seconds] and higher range/AoE attack ratio [+15, Cannon Blast only has +10].

It really depends on the build before cannoneer. My current Kanon is A2 Sapper3 (Fal1/Appraiser) Cannon2. There aren’t much skills to use besides utilizing cannoneer’s abilities on the traps are planted, hence skills such as Cannon Shot with its 5 sec cooldown is a good go to filler in most situations.

As for siege burst, it aren’t really that usable in ET though. The knock back is bad for floors which have dps checks. Most of the time I’ll just add a few points here since KB is usable on floors where I do need to push the mobs away.

Cannon blast’s armor break is good for parties though since other members of the party gain damage from hitting a debuffed mob. Need to really test how it well performs since it adds so much more SP consumption, perhaps when I get appraiser’s prequest done I wouldn’t need the attribute anymore.

Currently bazooka mode is a bit wonky for me, can’t seem to get the guided attack (the dots showing cannoneer’s attack) sometimes when i go into the mode. This makes it really tiring to use bazooka mode, especially when bosses now feature many gtfo kb/push back moves and I’m wasting time going into bazooka mode then find out that I can’t auto attack with it. However it is really good when the auto attack is working, especially during ET dps check floors.

Perhaps given the nature of the skills % now, I do need more patk to see how well cannoneer fares. Cannoneer is a really high investment class.

:neutral_face:

Is cannon dmg also affected by the crossbow phy dmg or transcendence? or is it just for the gems and crossbow extra stats?

I was so sad with my cannon dmg that I had to use my last practo to replace agvara cannon to lion head and it still feels lacking =/

[quote=“Adeodatus, post:28, topic:360334”]
Cannoneer is supposed to be used more for finishing mobs off rather than going all out spamming skills like Cannon Blast. At Rank 9 I’ll advance my Falconer C3 into Cannoneer and continue with it until Rank 11, no sweat.[/quote]
The skills Cannon Shot, Shoot Down and Siege Burst have a cooldown of 5 sec, respectively 5 and 7 sec. These are cooldowns for spamming.
Furthermore why do you think that there will be a Rank 11?

[quote=“Adeodatus, post:28, topic:360334”]
The SP consumption is now really high for Rank 7+ skills if you decide to level them up, so sometimes it might not be a bad move to just leave the skills at lower levels and get more skills to use instead (putting points into a 800% skill to make it a 1200% skill with more than 2x the SP costs is not as good as getting another skill that starts at 800%+ damage but costs only the same amount of SP as the other one when left at level 1).[/quote]
It depends on the question if you have enough skills for your rotations or not. I don’t like to mess up my rotations with too many skills, which means my used skills have to hit the enemies harder, and therefore I have to level up my used skills.

Back to the main topic. Can someone proof that Cannoneer skills also using % dmg-calculations.

Isn’t grapefruit’s screenshot (whcih by his comment, would be something done post-patch) enough as a proof?

There’s absolutely no way in hell a flat damage bonus could get 100k+ post-rebalance.

I tested this way back around launch when iI hit rank 7. I think I compared a Light Kracked Shooter vs a Wide Crossbow (low level bow with little dmg). The wide crossbow was putting up bigger numbers for my cannon skills but it was also enhanced more than the shooter so that might have some impact strangely enough. Not sure if that would mean transcendence on the xbow might also have some impact, also like I said this was a long time ago so things may have changed.

But yeh using the xbow that pairs with your cannon as a stat stick seems good enough, I’m still using a seimos xbow with my agvara and doing decent damage, tho I’ll probably upgrade it to an HG xbow sometime soon just for the crit rate.

On cannon damage in general: I think a lot of people lost a lot of crit and cannon is definitely a class that still wants high crit chance, non crits on Blast and Barrage are a bit lackluster. The damage is still there though, I’ve seen 60k+ crits on a single cannon barrage shot (meaning 360k potential on a single cooldown) and I’m just using my old t1 +8 agvara.

Also, though I never got any use out of kneeling shot back at release and ended up moving my points out of it I’m going to revisit it now with the new system. It feels a lot more playable than Bazooka and is a pretty huge buff even without a lot of dex, plus theres the cannoneer attrib now.

On appraiser: Been playing around with it and it’s very nice mixed in with cannon. Brings my +8 to +11, Blindside is a nice high damage skill that animates fast too so the debuff is just gravy. Didn’t put anything into ID, I’ll leave that to others, went 3 overestimate, 5 devalue, 5 blindside, and left two points if they ever let us put em in overestimate. Feels like a welcome addition to the cannon build.

Armor break attrib on Blast is great, SP be damned, armor shreds are very nice damage buffs in the new system.

Forgot to mention, I’ll vouch for the Blast and Shot tooltips just being a typo that forgot to add %. Everything seems to scale now, I’m not sure if there are any flat dmg skills any more, and yeh no way that flat damage would be scaling up into the numbers I’m seeing I don’t think.

archer1ranger3scout1appraiser1cannoneer2

If I’m going for kneeling shot, would kneel shot 5suffice? Building my cannon with the standard A2 Sap3 Appraiser Cannon2 build.

I think so, I only just started playing with kneeling shot though. It is a lot more usable than bazooka and not as much of a pain in the ass I thought it would be, not sure the ideal amount of dex yet. Getting the +10% crit chance from cannoneer attrib makes it worth it I think whether archer 2 or 3.

Trying out A3 > Ranger 2> app > c2 here right now and liking it. About 120 invested in dex I think and rest in str, not sure what I’ll end up settling on by the end of the week.

1 Like

Depends on how much you want to relies on it for its DEX scaling, since lv 10 (c3) scales twice as well (2xDex)

If you just want it for the 10% crit rate from Cannonneer and +200 crit rate, then even just minimal level should be fine.

1 Like

Falconers are OKAAAAY at boss killing. They’re not great at all.

It’s very much primarily aoe vs large groups. And party support.

Thanks @mealwormsmcgee and @rofldat . I’ll go try out archer c3 see how it is. I do miss the crits I do previously prior to the reset event. Cannoneer without crits just feel so weird.