Tree of Savior Forum

Community Discussion - Item Drop Systems

What type of drop system would you like for ToS?

• Top-down chance system (Our current system - RNG value increases as monsters are killed, shared across all channels of a map. For example, if an item has a top-down count of K, the chance of getting the item is initially 1/K but the value of the denominator decreases with each kill [1/(K - kills)]. When the item is dropped by any player, the count is reset to its initial value.)
  • Pure RNG (pure chance for every item, no more top-down chance or DPK. No more shared values)
  • Progressive RNG (same as pure RNG, but every current top-down chance/DPK item is fragmented. Drops will be N times greater in occurrence, but an item will require N times the fragments to finish. For example, assuming an item normally has a drop rate of 0.05% it can be fragmented into 8 fragments, where the fragments have a drop rate of 0.4% each, but you require 8 of the fragments to combine and create the item).
  • Pure DPK system (old DPK system where an item drops once a number of monsters are killed)
  • Top-down chance system
  • Pure RNG
  • Progressive RNG
  • Pure DPK
  • None of the above (if you choose this answer, please reply with what you think may be a better method)

0 voters

Please discuss any of these systems, their pros, cons, how they can be improved, how they can be problematic, etc.

Edit: Removed “DPK” from top-down chance explanation to avoid confusion

Edit 2: Oh whoops, I need to edit the topic again. I guess I misread the Top-down explanaton when I saw the explanation from the developer, but apparently it is indeed 1/(K-kills) versus ( (1/K) * kills ) where K is the count limit and kills < K. Simply editing the description of top-down chance to reflect this. This difference is important because (1/K) * kills is incremental increases whereas 1/(K - kills) is an exponential increase per kill. Explanation of the system provided here. Explanation of the difference between the two provided here

2 Likes

If DPK was per player i wouldn’t mind the system. but as is its obnoxious at best.

2 Likes

Keep it tried and true. Pure RNG.

5 Likes

There is no dpk in the current drop system. Just put the proper description please.

Topdown is increasing % map wide until a drops occurs. NO DPK

This is so frustrating. censored myself People will just see dpk in the description and think that this is a dpk drop system. It is not.

edit : I apologise original post was a lot salty and dicky.

1 Like

The description of top-down chance has been modified to no longer include “DPK”

1 Like

<3

/lovelovellvoelove

I know for a fact that there’s more than 3 in favor of top-down chance system, but they haven’t voted yet.

I guess this topic is currently overshadowed by some of the others for similar debates, so it will probably need several weeks for a relatively-accurate vote count.

1 Like

Topdown: " I didnt get anything after farming for hours. Someone might have stolen my drops"

Pure RNG:" I didnt get any drop after farming for hours f**king RNGesus"

*note: topdown atleast has a sure drop

to be honest, DPK system idea was because they assume the game would have â– â– â– â–  tons players everyday every hour so at first glance the system looked pretty well, but now that game have few players DPK simply dont works. (so it need some adjust according to every server population but i guess that its a lot work for them) so DPK competition for such item isnt that bad because you have a lot of people hunting so being able to reach such number again isnt that much trouble, but now when you have small population and few people hunting such item, of course you wouldnt like someone drop it before you did your hard work and have to re do it again because the guy got it and now left the map.

i honestly wouldnt mind RNG despite the item may no drop in months because a bad strike of luck but again its because im used to the random drop. but probably as many other as stated the best way to drop items would be RNG + Personal DPK, being RNG the main factor of drop items but if player have killed dunno 500 monsters and item yet dont drop well DPK comes in the item drops and beep it resets again but only the when the DPK number needed for the item drop it, if the item drops before to reach such DPK it dont need to be reset as that was RNG drop (and this could work as bonus for it for keep killing stuff)

Kind of knitpicking, but the progression drop you described is basically a raw doubling of the drop rates. Implying a full item can still drop. For it to be even in drop rate, a full item should not be droppable.

Also, it would mean that the current 41 items needed would just change to 41 x 8 and the drop rate of those items would be increased by 8. It would take roughly the same time to drop your items, but you would progress more often.

Also, people voting for a raw RNG and progression without a rate change are voting for a lower drop rates. I just hope people understand that.

I think the current system is fine for the most part.
The only portion of the system I’m having problems with is the fact of you can get your drop jacked due to another player coming in and stealing one mob.
I think on top of this top down system, there should be a personal system attached.
I believe for the personal system, it should be adjusted @ 80% of the DPK.
Lets say it’s the Kugheri Symbol Blades, their DPK is 1k, dropping on average at 500-600.
You lose your drop to another player at 550kills, well… 80% of the 1k is 800, so in 250 kills, you’re guaranteed a drop. This won’t affect the map DPK value.
I think this would be a wonderful idea, especially if you incorporate it into parties. Each additional member is +30%
Would incentivize people to actually farm together. Total kills required is still more than solo killing, but would result in a cube.
A party of two farming Kugheri for Blades would be like 1100 kills instead of the 800, in that time frame you should get 1 to 2 blades, if your party member never gets one, they’ll get one guarantee at 1100 kills.

2 Likes

Under the assumption that the game devs impliment it in a way that minimizes bugs, and produces fair rates I’ll go for top-down. Progressive RNG would work well for items like hg cubes and monster gems, with the same assumptions.
Considering the current track record however, I’ll probably go with a combination of RNG and progressive RNG as long as the rates are changed. Devs are less likely to mess this up since, or so I assume.

RNG+DPK would be the best balance, but i mean PURE RNG not the top down crap we have atm, just regular RNG and DPK would do just fine IMO, not all of us are lucky to get the drops by pure RNG.

Why not have a personal DPK added on top? That way, you don’t have to pray to RNGesus and you’ll be ok if someone gets the server DPK count. So, you’ll have 3 ways to get it with one of them being guaranteed.

Pure DPK for me strictly on my own channel or preferably based on my team/char. Just a personal taste. Don’t like the game having too much RNG.

Pure dpk would be the best system considering 2 conditions: 1) you have the ch for yourself, always. 2) you have good gears that allows you to kill fast. Sadly, the first one won’t ever happen. For the second one, well, people like to farm with a bad class and weapon, it seems.

Also, I really feel like this should be added to the OP.

for top down, Beause the drop rate is increasing, it gives imc motivation for having them so low. if they were lower like 1/500 it would be okay. but theyre like 1/2k. that means in 1k kills, it only goes down to 1k. whihc is pretty useless. also because its shared, it gives a massive advantage to DPS builds, ever wonder why Swartzer Rieter is Meta? sharing isnt juts bad for topdown, its bad for every drop system bcuz it messes up class balance and creates meta builds that will get nerfed and cause an uproar.

for DPK, theres a line in the DPK amounts between “oh wow this is okay pls more people join” and “no please leave the map”. if the DPK is a med low number like 150, other people joining would be okay, because even if they get the drop, theres only 150 kills. if theres a high number like there is currently (2k) then when someone gets the drop, you have like 2k left again. this is why DPK wont be acceptable (unless they change the rates to 200 or less)

if we have any of those systems, increase the drop rates and get rid of sharing.
if not, just give us the % based system, but please no less than 1%.

Pure DPK, lessen DPK values, and make it individual-bound. DPK is great actually if only IMC implemented it correctly.

Since this game is not a solo rpg, I doubt they will ever implement personnal DPK. That is purely my opinion. Would remove the fun/competition out of it.

You would know from start that you need to kill 41 000 kugheri lyonie to have your 41 horns. I would find it sad. Now you get a hype each time you get a drop. Kind of why we play a game. For emotions/fun. Rngish drop system gives that. And sadness too though.

I vote for progressive rng in content like HG, while using simple rng for normal materials. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sadly the poll can only choose one, so I follow my idol’s pick. :disappointed_relieved: